Monday, July 5, 2010

*winner{{s}}, tutorial and how we spent the 4th of July* :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

hi all....


I hope all my US friends {and my international friends too!} had a great 4th of July weekend!!! We pretty much had a low key weekend!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) Personal use of fireworks is illegal in Arizona, which I totally support, as we live in a desert that is 99% of the time VERY DRY, which comes with a HIGH fire risk....and last night, as I am TRYING to get Mr. Dandy to go outside just ONE more time before bedtime (he doesn't like fireworks...so that was a chore itself! LOL!)....and all I could here around my home was people setting off firecrackers like crazy and FIRE TRUCKS with their sirens blaring through the neighborhood....makes me sad that so many peeps are willing to break the law even if it brings a risk to the homes around them......anywho...that is just MY opinion of course....just something that I do not believe in doing... :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Soooooooooo with that out of the way.... let's talk about what WE did DO this weekend! LOL :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Nana and Papa brought over a 6 foot pool for the kids.... :)






We had cupcakes :)


We had the Joker come for a visit! (hehehehehe...I'm KIDDING of course...but with her mouth covered in frosting...that is the character that came to mind!! LOL!) :):):)


We had Build-Your-Own-Sundaes! :):):):):):):):)


We had a Nana and Papa making their Sundaes! :):):):)


We had a Son trying to STEAL his Mama's Sundae! :):):):):)


We had dress-up time with our hair :):):)


All in all...it was a good weekend :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

And NOW for the WINNER{{S}} of my tissue paper FLOWERS!! YES! I said winners!! I had sooooooooo many people ask how to make them ... that this morning I did a tutorial on how to make them and because I made a second batch of them...I have a SECOND set to GIVEAWAY!!! Soooooooooo thanks to all that helped me get over 200 followers...its nice to know that peeps believe in me and my blog...and I appreciate that! :):):):):):):):):):):):) Soooooooooooooooo here are the FLOWERS that I made :)


AND HERE are MY TWO WINNERS!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

MEL 
and 
AUDRA!!! :):):):):)):):):):):):):)

Girls...please send me your addy's ... and I will get your flowers out to you this week :):):):):):) bmwgirl@cox.net :):):):):):):):):):):):):):) And for those that didn't win...here is how they are made! (Sorry if some of the photos aren't the bestest quality....I have SUCH bad GLARE in my kitchen area.....).. :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Here are the supplies you will need........

*circle punch (I used a 2 inch size one)
*assorted colors of tissue paper (i bought a bulk package at wal-mart)
*something little for the middle (I used little Amy Butler chipboard pieces)
*scissors
*mod-podge
*mist (I have both Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and Shimmerz....I prefer Shimmerez...but I used both on these)


*First....punch a bunch of circles....I used cardstock :)

*Then cut about a four inch wide piece of tissue paper (no need to have them straight of perfect!) :)


*Then roll each tissue paper :)

*Then TWIST them :)

*I twist a bunch at a time, so I'm not struggling with them later on when my hands are covered in Mod-Podge! LOL :)

*Then roll one into a circle :)


*Then here comes the FUN part...lol....while holding the above rolled tissue paper....take some Mod-Podge and cover one of your punched circles with it :)


*Then lay your rolled circle tissue flower on the Mod-Podge{d} circle :)

*Then I take MORE Mod-Podge and COVER the ENTIRE flower in it (so it will stay in place...and the mists that we will be using later take better to the Mod-Podge too!) :)


*Then put a little EXTRA Mod-Podge in the center for the embellie piece (Remember...I used Amy Butler's little chipboard pieces...but you can use anything you have handy....bling etc) :)


*Now while the Mod-Podge is still wet......


*I take mine outside for misting! :)  I don't like to mist inside :)


*Yes, I used ALL three colors! :) ....While they are still wet with Mod-Podge...I spray each of them with my mists! :):):):):):):):)


And when they are dry....they look like the ones that I have at the beginning of this tutorial :):):):):):):):) And I have to thank Bethany Kartchner for teaching me how to make these!! She ROCKS...period :):):):):):):):):) I hope you all found this easy to follow and helpful :):):):):):):) Thanks for stopping by....I truly appreciate it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

32 comments:

  1. Looks like you and the family had an awesome 4th!!! Love the pictures!!!

    And thanks for the tutorial on making those awesome flowers!! I will definitely be making those soon!!!

    <3 ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this tutorial! I really need to try this -- especially since I have all the materials handy! I'm glad you had a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tutorial!! The roses are so cute! Looks like everyone had a great 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun weekend! I'm totally with you on the fireworks in AZ. Fortunately, I live by a lot of retirees and I didn't hear any in our neighborhood. I'm scared about the new law that allows the sale of fireworks that starts at the end of the year...EEEK.

    BTW...I really am hungry for a sundae now!! With lots of caramel and fudge. Wonder if DQ is open at 10am, ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE those pics and congrats to the girls who won those flowers!! I am gonna have to make some of these...great little tutorial..and I like to do my misting outside too!! Unless it's raining, then I spread a ton of newspaper all around my kitchen table and do it!! Glad you had a good weekend! Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun 4th cute pics, the build your own sundae bar rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like an Amazing Day!!!
    Love the sundae bar and that pic of Brian with the spoon is priceless!!!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY!! Thanks so much!! I can't wait to play with those gorgeous flowers!! Love all the super cute pics... looks like a great time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY!! Thanks so much!! I can't wait to play with those gorgeous flowers!! Love all the super cute pics... looks like a great time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. how awesome, i can't wait to give those a try
    SO agree with misting outside too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI!!!!
    OH MY I LOVE THOSE FLOWERS!!!!!And I could make them bigger if I wanted to right?????Like for decorations????
    Thank you so much for teaching me(I cannot make to many things look like that) but this looked easily enough for me!!!!
    Love them
    Now what is misters?????Can I buy them at Joanns or michaels?????And what aisle might they be on!!!!!!
    Your 4th of July looked fabulous!!!!Love the Sundae bar!!!!!
    hugs,
    jamie
    :>)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally agree on the fireworks here in PHX!!! Great pics..looks like you had fun!! and I guess I'll have to go and make my own flowers....(darn!!)...thanks for the tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cool tute Julie!! Those flowers look so fabulous!! thanks for sharing! You weekend looks amazing amazing amazing!! Love your pics!! Oooooh those sundaes are just way tooooo tempting - you are making my mouth water here!!
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so absolutely fabulous sharing this tute with us!!!!! These are gorgeous!!! I am going to try some tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG Julie! YOu are seriously amazing...not to mention the sweetest!!! Not only are you the most loyal and loving bloggy friend EVER but you let me win prizes too? Seriously you are all that and 3 bags of chips plus some dip and ya know my favorite soft drink too. LOVE you so much! Thanks for always being such an inspiration and so positive and giving with your time, comments, love, support, and friendship:) You are truly an inspiration for the whole scrappy world.

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a fun time!!! and omygosh I just adore Brookies hat!!!! CUTE!!!! And I am so jealous about the pool!!!!! I am gonna try those flowers! I love [playing in mod podge! And I think that it adds a certain textural (spelled wrong I am certain....lol) interest too that makes the misting look that much cooler!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like you all had a wonderful weekend, Julie! The pool is the only place to be on the 4th!

    Awesome flower idea, I love the addition of modge podge to stiffen it up! (how do you stand the smell?) lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. looks like you had a great time! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julie,, I new you all would have a great celebration! YOu know how to have fun:) I love the flowers too! What a great tutorial. Thanks for sharing. I will have to try this one.
    Hugs, and have a pretty week, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  20. FUN tutorial, Julie! TFS!

    Loving the 4th of July photos! Swimming & ice cream... what could be better than that?!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm TRYING to do a low dairy, low gluten, low sugar detox diet this next few weeks and those 4th sundaes are killing me! Looks like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those picturea are really fun!
    Thanks for the tutorial, I have tried them with crepe paper.
    have a wonderful week...and thos icecreams....ow wow!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks like a great 4th with the family...I adore the cupcake pics!!!

    Congrats to the winners and THANK YOU for the How to!!!! I am so going to make these!!!

    Wishing you a great day sweet friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. can't wait to try your flower making technique - thanks for sharing!! they're awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. these are sooooooooooooo fun.... out of all my crafting I've never used mod podge... lol... done practically everything but not used that... will have to get me some so I can try out your flowers... way cool!!!

    looks like you all have a fun time on the 4th... love Brookie's face!!! sooooooooo adorable!!!

    Have a great week!!
    {{hugs}} Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  26. p.s. oops...forgot to tell you how much I love love your card and the lo... silly me... {{hugs}} Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  27. I agree with you that the "peeps" should just follow the rules...dry is dangerous!!! I had a mellow 4th of July..hubby is up north riding his dirt bike and stuff, and Marc went to the beach with his girlfriend and friends for the fireworks!

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW!!! WHat a fantastic weekend for you!!! Your photos are fabulous! Oh...and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that tutorial!!! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, awesome tutorial Julie!Love those flowers!
    And beautiful photo's, loving those sundeas!looks like a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is a great tutorial! Thank you for sharing. I am off to make my own! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  31. great weekend pics and congrats to the winners...lucky duckies....thanks for the tut Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow, you've been busy!!! congrats on 200+ f[ol]lowers :))) These flowers look great, and seems like lots of fun creating them! Personal fireworks are forbidden here too, but we normaly only send them up new years eve - even if it's winter it's still dangerous, drunk people sending fireworks isn't comfy at all... Went to see Eclipse today, but the cinema here is so silly - halfway through the movie they had suddenlys mixed it all up and sent it upside down and backwards... Everybody got our money back, but... well, we'll just watch it on DVS I guess. And note to self: see the next one in Bergen on the RELEASE date ;))) Other than that I'm struggelig with a minialbum that turned out not so mini after all, 34 pages! ;))))))) I'm using up all my old embellishments on it, old rubons, diecuts and whatever flats I have - too fun :))) See you later, stay creative & have fun! Hugs :)))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)