Tuesday, July 6, 2010

*reflect* :):):):):):):):):):):)

hi all.....


with that tutorial I posted yesterday....I totally forgot to share some things from the weekend! LOL :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Went and saw Eclipse for the second time...this time bringing Hubby and Adam (Thanks Nana for babysitting Brookie for us!)....here we are at the theater! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


And we went to a quaint little restaurant on Friday night...really good food and service...its called "Amante" and its right up the street from me...if any of my AZ friends would like to know the who's and what's of this place...feel free to send me an email.... :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)






And while we were there...the sun was setting and Brookie was leaning towards the front window ... and I was able to catch these photos....which I have made into my latest lo I named "REFLECT," which I am using for the latest challenge over at "The Studio" which was to use orange and yellow as your main color scheme....I used a NoelMignon.com kit on this lo and threw in some of my own embellies that followed the colors! :):):):):):):):):):):)












And I made another card last night...wow...I am on a roll with these things!! LOL! :):):):):) This one I made for KATELYN, Jacque's daughter...as poor thing scratched up her nose pretty bad and chipped a tooth :( ... Jacque asked if we could send her some cards for her....see here...if you are interested in sending a little get well to katelyn :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


And Amanda gave me an award the other day.... Thanks Amanda! :):):):):):):):):):)
“This award is to recognize good design, writing, photos, etc.; to network amongst other bloggers; inspire content ideas, etc.
Conditions of the award stipulate that I need to share seven things about myself and then pass on this award to other wonderful bloggers.”

So here are my seven things:
1) One year ago today, our house was robbed.....I picked "STRONG" as my OLW this year....and I'm still not there yet...I have taken precautions to make sure we are safer now....but as for me being stronger...I have awhile to go... :)
2) (Andrea knows this one! LOL)... Its the family joke that I should have married someone with the name ROBIN....as on my Mom's side we are "Peacock's," and on my Dad's side we are "Eagle's"....no really...that is our family names! LOL :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
3) I got in trouble at work once for NOT dressing up with my team for halloween....really, I did..... took me over 3 years to get THAT erased from my record....sorry...not a big halloween person here...the kids, yep....me, nope! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
4) I have always wanted to write a series of Children's books....even have the ideas in my head..... :):):):):):):):):):):):)
5) Laundry is my LEAST favorite chore...if ONLY clothes would fold themselves! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
6) Pringles are my FAVORITE potato chip! :):):):):):):):)
7) You will RARELY see me smile with my teeth showing...I have crooked teeth...and I hate them with a passion.... soooo unless I am caught off guard in the photo....you won't see my teeth! :):):):) LOL :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Sooooooooooooo....I always have a hard time passing these on...as I can never chose peeps...so whoever wants to play along with this award and its criteria.....please make sure you link me up! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)



Thanks for stopping by...I appreciate it! :):):):):):):):):):)

39 comments:

  1. Really really love those reflection photos!!!! and your layout shows them off so beautifully and enhances the colors. Sounds like a fun evening! I also have crooked teeth and never smile with my mouth open so I totally understand what you were saying. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never noticed that you didn't smile with your teeth showing. It's a pretty smile nonetheless and you are one of the most cheerful people I know.

    Happy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabby layout Julie, it is so bright and cheerful! :) :) Great choices for your 7 things, laundry is my least favourite chore too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layout of Brookie! Great pictures in that. I love Pringles, too!!!! We are so BFFs! :) LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow - what awesome reflection photos! you really are a mama-razzi!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like you had a chock full of fun weekend! Love your layout...soooo fresh & fun...the colors are great! Awesome card...she's going to love it!!!! I loved reading the fun facts aboutcha!!!!!! happy tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pics and I need to make a card for Katelyn too...Poor Thing!!! Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute pics... and love the lo... Rainee loves seeing the relection of herself in anything... it's amazing how simple things are to kids... love it!!! tfs! {{hugs}} Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. those layouts with Brookie are simply wonderful. I love the photos of her looking through the glass and her reflection coming back. I love learning new things about you. Can't believe you got into trouble for not dressing up...really is that a new job requirement??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGoodness, Julie! Those photos are KNOCK OUT GORGEOUS! I love how you have captured Brookie looking into her own reflection...and the window is so CLEAN! LOL
    And wooo hoooo for spending time with the Big Guys! Nana's are Great!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julie,

    Your layout of Brookie's reflection is so cute, very bright and happy, too!

    Number 7 on your list is'nt correct. I've seen your smile and it's beautiful. Now, I've got really crooked teeth and for something funny on that: in my first marriage, my husband is Persian (Iranian) and had a very thick accent. A lot of the time he mispronounced things regularly. Instead of "buck teeth" which I do have, he called them "bucket teeth." Pretty silly, but true. Why are we always so unhappy with ourselves...give it up girlfriend, you're beautiful and I've seen it, so quit being afraid to show the world!

    Hugs,
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  12. that reflect page is so beautiful - what gorgeous photos too! i wondered why i've never seen your teeth! i bet they aren't as bad as you think:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG!!!! THat pics are really something special - love them so much and they fit perfectly in yellow scheme!!!!!!
    Loooooove to read about you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that photo is awesome!Beautiful Julie!And your layout rocks!Loving all that yellow, yummy!Love those facts of you and that restaurant looks great!So cool it's so near to you!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. From one Peacock to another... I love you!!! : )
    It is always fascinating to read things about other people. I'm so sorry your house was robbed. I would be so traumatized.
    K that LO is so stinking FABULOUS!!!! I know I say that about all of your LO's but I love this one sooooo much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that layout!!!!!! Those photos are just amazing! And loved learning more about..... you I really enjoy reading these kinda things :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow what a great layout, love the brightness of it and the photo are great! Thanks for playing along with us at The Studio.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those reflection pics are sooo cool!! I'm gonna have to try to take some pics of Shane like that!! And I totally love the layout that you created with them... so bright and fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those reflection pics are sooo cool!! I'm gonna have to try to take some pics of Shane like that!! And I totally love the layout that you created with them... so bright and fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Julie..those pics turned out perfect and the LO....swoon....I ADORE!!!!

    Loved reading you list!!!

    Have a great one..we are baking here......

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE your summery page, Julie! So pretty and love the photos!

    Thanks for joining in with us at The Studio :) x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the lo of Brookie!!!!! I can't say enough how adorable she is!!! Good thing she has a mom to document all these fantastic moments for her!!!!

    Also Congrats on the award. I loved learning stuff about you!!! Sorry to hear your house was robbed last year. That is definitely something I always worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Add cleaning the house to that list. I need Merry Maids... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  24. That page is SO cute! LOVE that big sun paper & the photos are so precious!

    Love your list! 3 years for not dressing up? That sounds a bit harsh. Are they die hard Halloween fans at your company or just control freaks? LOL

    Oh & I hate laundry, too. Sadly, it never ends.... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG those reflection photos are just stunning!! You've scrapped them beautifully!!!
    Love your pics!! Really happy pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just love the reflection photographs! What a great idea! How perfect you had that moment to capture to use on the page, which by the way, is adorable. Great colors, great design, great everything!

    I think you should totally get onto writing those children's books! I bet your ideas are amazingly fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh GEESH, you saw that movie AGAIN?????? Crazy woman!!! LOL

    Love those reflection pics of Brookie, so creative and perfect on that layout.

    ReplyDelete
  28. We saw Eclipse this weekend to! Go Team Edward! ha!

    I've heard about 'Amante' but have never been there. I am going to have to check it out now!

    Love, love your photos. The 'reflects' photos are super creative and Brookie is super cute in them. Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  29. We are gonna have to talk about this restaurant, sounds super yummy! Cute layout of Miss Brookie:)

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a super fab LO!!!!! Brookie is too cute in it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. The pictures are wonderful, and your lo makes me smile great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  32. julie!!!,,,i saw Eclipse three times!!!,,and i was trying to find peeps to go with me!!,,if you lived here i would have totally made you go with me!!!,,lol!!! I love your REFLECT layout!!!,,it's such a happy layout!!! loved reading about you!!!,,,so sorry to hear that your house got robbed,,,it's gotta be the worse feeling,,just this past friday, four men were at my door at 3 am banging on my door and trying to open it,,i was alone and they knew i was,,the police took care of everything so it was fine,,,but now im scared to be alone!,,,and I totally think that you should pursue your dream of writing children's books!!,,go for it!!,,and im with you on the laundry thing!!,,i have a big pile of clothes on my couch as we speak!!,,,lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oyyyy, what a fabbie page, gorgeous photos and the most awesome color scheme! Love it! Great card to, and total envy of you managing to bring your man to Eclipse!

    ReplyDelete
  34. That is such a fab layout!! I always enjoy looking at yout colors, love the photo!! I wanna watch Eclipse too... guess I will have to wait till Sat :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Those reflection photos of Brookie are superduper and love your layout. xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. i have yet to see that movie! by the time i see it -- you'll have seen it 23487039 times! ;)

    and ummm, your teeth are not that crooked! i've seen them, and they're fine the way they are.

    and you want to write children's book?! can i illustrate them. ;) haha.

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  37. hi julie!
    okay first, alex wants me to tell you that he likes your blog song, the pink one, he's dancing to it right now, lol!
    next, i loved reading your random facts!! I think its awesome you want to write childrens books, i bet youd be really good at it! you could illistrate it yourself using scrap supplies too! :D i think your teeth look FINE too btw, i met you and if they were gross i would remember and they werent!
    i loove the new lo of brookie those pics are so cute!
    it looks like you guys had a great weekend!! I cannot believe youve seen eclipse twice now and i still havent seen it! aughhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow, such fabulous reflection photographs - great LO, thanks for playing along with us at the Studio.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Those photos on the REflect layout are awesome!! Looks like a great time at Eclipse. I LOVED it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)