Sunday, April 18, 2010

*american gothic* :):):):):):):):):):):)

hi all...
wowwwwww! We had quite the busy Saturday and more to come from today's activities! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
downtown Mesa, Arizona right now has a traveling statue in their possession (that I believe just came from Chicago) of the famous "american gothic" couple...U know...the couple that usually freaks most people out as it always looks like NO matter where U go in a room...it looks like their eyes are following U!! LOL!! Sooooooooo the family and I headed to Mesa, Arizona yesterday to take a look! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


Look how tiny Adam and Brookie look next to them! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

And here is the family in front of their suitcase! :):):):):):):):):):)


And just wanted to show a comparison here...Adam wears a SIZE 11 in MENS SHOES (Yes, I said that aloud! LOL!) and here is his foot next to "Mr. Gothic's" foot!! LOL!! ...and of course not to be outdone....Brookie had to show her foot next to "Mrs. Gothic's"!! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


And we found some smaller but just as interesting statues along our travels! :):):):):):) The kids with a pig whose name was Charlie! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

And Brookie and the "Scrapbook Boy"....really...that was his name! :):):):):):):):):):)


And we had plans to go one place we found online for lunch...and sadly they are only open for dinnertime! Soooooooooooo we found this little Mom and Pop Pizzeria that was pretty YUMMY! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Where Brookie pretended to be Princess Leia!!! LOL! LOL! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

And the kids...and some pretty cool art they had hanging on the wall! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


And the family....again! :):):):):):):):):):):)

And I found me a quaint little scrap shop....not soooooooo sure about their customer service....but I did like their store! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) (and maybe it was because I had kids with me....but *whatev* after working over 10 years in the retail business myself...I know that NOT every child that walks into a store is going to be *little devils*....sooooo maybe that's what my problem was....Brookie was confined to her stroller...soooooo there was no wandering or touching by her.....I think they just assumed that she would be a *little devil* cuz she is a child....anywho......)

Then we finished our night off at the in-laws block party! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

There was food....

Dancing in the street.......

attitude........

balloons sent to heaven to a neighbor that passed away this year......

family........

a seat up in the local fire departments truck........


and of course....we had sweet Mama.....

and a sour Mama.... LOL! 

and we ended the night with some good ole' nursery songs and some playing of some instruments!! LOL! :)


It was a great day....a beautiful day....a busy day....and we are off to do it again today!! LOL :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)  And don't forget about my little giveaway ....there is a link up on my left sidebar! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) Ohhhhhhhhh and some of U asked where I found that T-shirt I mentioned in my last post...... that would be right HERE HERE HERE! :):):):):):):):):):):):)
Thanks for stopping by...I truly appreciate it! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

36 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great day! Will have to go and check out that huge statue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like soooooooo much fun! Great place to see~lucky gal!
    Enjoyed seeing them.
    smiles...Tammy
    Have a special Sunday, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a FUN day! I'm going to have to go check out that sculpture! I can't believe how BIG it is! I've been meaning to head that way to go to Mystic and to a fabric store right in that area. Hope the rest of your weekend is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great photos. i'm tired just reading what you did all day. =) I didn't do anything exciting all weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julie,

    Thank you so much again for coming out to see our show. It was great to see you again, and Brookie is definately a "ball of fire" and cute as can be. Your family is sweet and it looks like you had the kind of day where it's 10:30 a.m. now and I bet Brookies already been up even though she had a loooooooooong day. I'm sorry your visit to the scrapbook store wasn't well received, I know what you mean, but it's the store that's important lady, not the cranky people who run it...LOL. Seriously, I apologize for their bad behavior as I wanted you to have a good experience there. BUT, you gotta admit, the store has personality and charm! Thanks again for coming out, it was a true treat to see you again.

    Hugs,
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  6. WoW what a day is right! Your pics are incredible! I had no idea that statue was sooo HUGE!!!!!! It's so nice that your family indulges you with photos! What the hell is up with the Mystic paper store- they obviously don't know Miss Julie and the potential amount of $$$$ you could have dropped in there! lol Yea, it sure has seemed to get a lot "ruder in retail" that's for sure. love ya...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that looks like so much fun!!! That is one TALLLLLLLL Statue...love the pic with Brookie and the Scrap Book Boy!!!

    It was a full day for the family....but looks like it was worth it!!!

    Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julie, it was sooo nice to see you and your family yesterday too! Thanks for stopping by the show. It was pretty slow, but thats ok. I saw the American Gothic couple the other day driving by. It is quite impressive. I am really sorry you had a bad experience at the scrapbook store AND Organ Stop Pizza was closed! It looks like you had a wonderful day anyway! I hope to see ya soon. ((()) gail

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww looks like you guys had fun :) Very fun pics can't wait to see the LOS!!!! Hugs Girl Jamie :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a great day!!! I love the statues and the scrapbook boy is awesome:) Great pics too:)
    Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun fun day (I went to college in Mesa for one year a long time ago) and just love all your photos - lots of scrapping opportunities!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun pictures!!! Can't wait to see you scrappin :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhhh Julie, I LOVE to see that you had such a GREAT day together!! LOVE that picture of the sour mama, lol!!

    Big hug, Jenneke

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what a fun day you had!!! Love all the pictures!!! I love the one of the two kids at the restaurant... what a beautiful photo of the two of them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My, you were busy, thanks for sharing an insight into your day, always great for us Aussie's to see the American way of life. Love the photos of Brookie playing the instruments, they are gold and you are very pretty too, even when you are sticking your tongue out too hehe xx.

    ReplyDelete
  16. goodness - what a busy and fun day! fun photos!! love scrap book boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun trip! I love coming across great unexpected restaurants. The Leia pic is cracking me up!

    I think you're more sweet than sour. :) But sour Julie looks pretty entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  18. super fun photos... looks like sooo much fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. super fun photos... looks like sooo much fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. super fun photos... looks like sooo much fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fun photos... what a fun day! That's amazing how big that American Gothic sculpture is! I love the photo of Brookie wearing the headphones, too! So cute!

    Hope you have a GREAT week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. OOOh your family is beautiful!!!! looks like a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  23. what a fun fun day.... the statue was amazing... loved seeing how big it was... the attitude photos of you and Brookie crack me up... thanks for sharing a little bit of your life... it always makes me smile... Here's to a lovely evening and a fab week... enjoy! {{hugs}} Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks like a fab weekend in your neck of the woods! Just fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Julie,
    Thanks for stopping by the craft show!!!!! You have some awesome photos here...and I love Nickelback!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fun day! Those statues look really cool. Looks like a perfect day with the family.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ow wow those statues...wow that huge....love the pictures, and I think you have had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my goodness:) Busy fun weekend! Ah american gothic. very cool. How sweet was the bronze statue of the little boy scrapbooking.

    And the scrapbook store. Ugh. We have one of those icky customer services ones here. Great stuff, but not friendly at all. Do have a wonderful Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What an awesome family day! Sheesh that is the biggest statue I have ever seen!!! How in the world can they afford to transfer that thing to different cities!!! Sheesh I guess that is our tax dollars at work. ;o) I just love that t-shirt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I soooooooooo love that you bagged on Mystic Paper's customer service!!!! They deserve it.

    I can't believe how huge that American Gothic sculpture is!!!! Where is it? Right on Main Street??? I've GOT to go check that out. I grew up just a couple miles away from there so the next time I go visit the mom I need to drive by. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  31. That looks like a really fun day!! Love the attitude pics from both you and Brookie!

    ReplyDelete
  32. that is one HUGE statue! holy cow! You all always have the best days out and I just love that. I love people who know how to have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  33. GReat moments, awesome photos!

    Hugs,
    PAtri

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi JUlie!!!!
    OK, I can leave a comment --YEAH!!!!
    Your family oputings look like SOOOO much fun, I will have to hop over to downtown Mesa, since it is close to me to check out that HUGE statue!!!!
    Cause I have always loved that Gothic Family!!!!!
    Your kids and family look like DOTS compared to this!!!!
    Where is that Polish festival, I am NOT Polish but would sure like to go next year!!!!!
    It looks like fun!!!
    Great family Julie and so happy to see it out enjoying each other!!!
    Great job MOM!!!!!
    hugs,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete
  35. what a fun and busy weekend you guys had. shame Mystic Paper. i hope they come across your blog post and get the clue.
    Burgandi just said that she likes your music on here.
    :)
    p.s. are you ever coming for a visit?

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a fun cool day! Lots of awesome photo ops too. The big people rock!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)