Monday, December 14, 2009

*she came* :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Hi all.....

The busiest time of the YEAR indeed!! LOL!!! I have been running around like a banshee today trying to get the FAVE THINGS post READY for TOMORROW....WORK....LO's....Christmas...U name it....just like everyone else right now...running running running!! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

But I have to SHARE with my friends and family WHAT I have been up to today....well and this weekend! LOL! :):):):):):) Some of U may remember earlier this year...I posted this STORY about Christopher's Tree....and how I was soooooooooooooo sad that his Mom didn't come to decorate his tree anymore...and that I had noooooooooooooo idea what had happened to her...well, U might also remember that I visit Christopher every season to make sure he has new flowers....well, this weekend we went to the cemetery to lay Christmas decorations for Brian's twins, his best friend's son Jake and Christopher...like we always do....well.............. (and forgive me as I get teary eyed all over again over this....)......Someone (I am hoping it was his Mom.....) came to Christopher's grave!!! There was a rose and a mini teddy bear wrapped in cellophane at his headstone!! *sigh* I could NOT have been happier!!! :):):):):):) I started crying!!! There was a note tucked in with the teddy bear....but the weather had worn off what had been written...sooooooooooooo REALLY I don't know who visited....be it his Mom or his Dad...or another friend....doesn't matter...someone did....and someone left love for Christopher! :):):):):):):):):) Sooooooooooo OF COURSE I took some photos and had to make a LO about it......here is.....*She Came* :):):):):) I made this using a bluemoonscrapbooking.com kit! and I made this for the latest challenge over at Practical Scrappers!  :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


 


 


 

*sigh* that is all.... just *sigh* :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Next...I want to share a LO I made ... TO SHOW the comparison between BROOKIE and a LITTLE JULIE!!! LOL!!! I have HEARD a MILLION times how MUCH she looks like me...welllllllllllllllllllllllllllll....here is the ACTUAL PROOF!! LOL!!!! I used my AMAZING winnings I got from Sketchy Thursdays for being their GDT this month....and some goodies that I got from Diana (the founder of Sketchy Thursdays!) from her AMAZING ETSY SHOP! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) My title.....*2 of a kind* :):):):):):):):):):)





 

Yesterday...I helped a fellow DT member over on Nikki Sivlis's blog....do a little post as her plate was full at the moment....sooooooooooooo if U have a moment..I would TRULY appreciate the support over on Nikki's blog on some of my recent projects with her North Pole Nights line... :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) Here is ONE of the projects I made for Nikki's blog...a little wall hanging showing my BROOKIE! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)



And I wanted to share some happy mail that CAME TODAY!!! YAY!!! And noooooooooooooooo I really DON'T GET happy mail everyday!!! LOL!! It just seems that way! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

First.....I got a TON of Christmas gifts from LYDIA!!! YAY!!! Thanks Lydia...and she REALLY WANTED me to OPEN this AS soon AS I got her PACKAGE...and so I did! :)):):):):):):):):) I LOVE IT! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)



And CHRIS!!!!!! The VERY TALENTED CHRIS...sent me some goodies too!!!!!! Me and BROOKIE got MATCHING APRONS!!!! YAY!!! And Brookie got some paper (for the FUTURE scrapper as Chris put it!! LOL!!!!)........ :):):):) THANKS CHRIS!!! WE LOVE THEM! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)



AND I JUST had to SHOW this PHOTO....as LOL LOL LOL LOL....look at the FACE BROOKIE is MAKING!!! LOL!!! Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and DEANA....don't feel bad about Bryn's height compared to U...LOL LOL LOL..I AM 5'9" and BROOKIE is ONLY THREE and LOOK at HER next to me!!!! LOL!!! I will be soooooooooooooo LOOKING up to her soon!! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)





And LOOK at this AMAZING PAINTING CHRIS made for Mrs. Griswold (AKA JULIE!!!! LOL!)...isn't it BEAUTIFUL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)



LOVE TO ALL....and REMEMBER...tomorrow is the NEW PROMPT OVER at FAVE THINGS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

31 comments:

  1. Your posting took me on a roller coaster ride - I had tears when I was reading the opening section but I am happy that someone came - then the fun layout of you and Brooke - so cute and wow! she does look like you! LOL! I also went over to the NS blog and saw your wallhanging and the adorable layout in which Brooke is wearing your "vintage" outfit - and I am so happy that you like the aprons and painting. Now you are all ready to bake holiday cookies! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O' I started to get teary eye with this post. I love the "She Came" lo. Of course I love the "2 of a kind" lo as well!

    Im so GLAD you finally got the box. The saying on the Angel describes the friendship I have with you. :) Thanks again for all the talks and listening to me.

    Take care and O' one more thing, I got your card in the other day. Thanks :) Love the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Is tomorrow already time for the new prompt??? I haven't even gotten this one done...OMG where has the time gone? I cannot believe it but December is flying by too. So many things to do. I am too rushed this time of year....but I won't go on about me....lovely layouts and gifts!! Love to you and your family during this Holiday Season. Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love visiting your blog Julie! There is always so much fun stuff to see! Your layout about Christopher's grave is sooooo beautiful. I love the two of a kind too - you two do look alike! I left a comment for you over at Nikki's blog too! Can't wait to see what the new Fave Things prompt will be!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your layout and story are so touching, I am going to start to cry! Love the '2 of a kind' layout too, those pictures are so similar! And Yeah! for Christmas gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand the crazy time!!! I have to go back and read that post so I truly understand. The LO "she came" is just beautiful. Just wow!!!

    The pics of you and your daughter are so similar! Thanks for sharing all your pics with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the story, and what great pages you made here! I am so glad you liked the kit I came up with for you. And, of course, seeing the store items in use is awesome! Love that!!! I always love reading your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ADORABLE LO's & so cool about Christopher's tree!

    And those aprons are SOOOO CUTE! And WOW... so is that painting... just beautiful! Chris is so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the "she came" LO, and the mystery of who visited and left that note;
    Brooke is a mini me version of you :D....you're blessed Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH my, I am in tears right now after reading the post about Christopher's tree. I really hope that was his mom who came to visit. You truly are strong and amazing..

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOve,love love your layouts Julie!Loving that story about Christopher!
    And wow....Brookie IS a mini-Julie..LOL!She looks so much like you!
    What gorgeous gifts from Diana and Lydia and I love the aprons and that painting from Chris..I have a REAL Chris also....gorgeous!Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  12. First of all i am so sorry I missed your post :(
    Love all the LO's there!! And for this one, you know how to make me cry, I remember that story and that you where so sad about nobody visiting him, what a beautiful think that she came!! Love that Lo you made of it!!! Love the one of you and Brooke as well, unbelievable how much you look alike!!!

    And you got some lovely gifts again, love those aprins and tha painting Chris made, sigh!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The first lo is so touching, you are so sweet!
    I love Brooke and her smiling face!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You shared a lot today. Al of your post is sooooo great and beautiful, when i read your first section about SHE CAME a let a tear also because of my mother.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so happy to know that Chris had another visitor! Your work is amazing, I just love the comparision pics of you and Brookie! Awesome happy mail too, wow! I'm off to visit you at Nikki's and I so hope I can play along with y'all at Favorite Things! I really need a scrapping intervention! lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow missy j2 as always goreat pages.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE all of that happy mail! :) brookie looks just like you... heheh! :) ...and she's just as sweet as you too!

    LOVE the "she came" LO, boss! i'm glad that someone left love for christopher. stuff like that makes me happy too. :) when i see that someone leaves love for my grandfather, it always makes me smile. :)

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your happy mail! Lucky lady! And I really hope it was Chris's mom that visited! Has it been a year already? WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so glad she came.
    I love you.
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's so great about Christopher's tree. As always, love the layouts! I'm super jealous of the adorable aprons!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just sit here re-reading and then exhale! Whew what an awesome post. Wait a minute I need to get a kleenex! Yes, that first layout teared me up. Just so special! Great layout! I love all you goodies!!!!! Yes Brookie is SO YOU!!! {{smile}}

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful layout and story. Love all the other stories and pics, too. I'm such a voyeur!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow is pretty much all I can say about the first part of this post. I'm so glad that you do this for these people....I don't get home much anymore to put flowers on one of my friends' graves. I don't think anyone does anymore...makes your heart hurt.

    Those aprons are gorgeous and I love the painting Chris did for you...she's a beautiful woman!!

    You and your daughter are absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  24. As usual your work is stunning! Those aprons are so darling, enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great layouts Julie!

    I'm in love with the aprons! I want a set for My DD and I!!!!!!! (and I need them in 3 days, just in time for Christmas baking!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow Wow Wow! That story about Christopher's Mom and your layout is so special!

    Love all that Happy Mail! :):):):)
    There are some very talented people that WUV you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! you made me cry girl... with Christophers story... so happy she came... OMG.... I can't believe it's that time again... where did it go??? can't wait to see what the next fav thing is... thanks so much for the opportunity to be the gdt... I loved it... December is just flying by... Now as for you lo's... lovely lovely lovely and of course it's always so nice to get happy mail!!

    {{hugs}} Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, dear - this is such a heartbreaking and touching story - I'm so happy to hear *someone* was there again this week. Julie, thank you for sharing! And then these cute photos make me smile :) December is so busy here too, I haven't done anything but posting photos and doing some gluing on my pre-scrapped december album... And then there's work, work and worktravels, and christmas is up next week!!! HELP! ;) Thanks for stopping by my blog, you warm my heart, dear friend :) Merry xmas to you & your loved ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love that Christmas layout - the white pp is striking and I think makes the layout! Thanks for joining us this week at Practical Scrappers!

    ReplyDelete
  30. You are such an inspiration! I love Christopher's Tree!! Your LO's are just devine and you are such a lucky girl with your gifts!!! It shows how much you are loved. I'm sorry to see Lisa go too....and I cant wait to see who's on your team!! YAY fav things!! Its a great challenge blog Julie...and you are the heart and soul of it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. what a great story. i'm hoping like you that she made back this year.
    i LOvE all the layouts. and you know how i feel about aprons. i LOvE that Brookie got a matching apron too. so adorable!
    Merry Christmas Julie.
    love ya girl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)