Sunday, October 11, 2009

Shhhhhh....its Brookie again...I gotta hurry...Mommy's coming!! :):):):):):):):):):)

Hi there....

Remember when I was telling all of you that I need to do this Birthday thing of mine more often?? :) Well, PEOPLE do listen to me!!!! Because I have had my BIRTHDAY all over again...all WEEK LONG!!! YAY ME!!! :):):):):):):):):):)

First....here is one of the shirts my cousins Mike & Debbie got me! Isn't it to DIE FOR?!?!?! LOVE!!! :):):):):):):):)





And here are some presents that Sarah, Gloria, Maui and Hilo sent me!!!!! Loveeeeeeeeeeee them!!! Thanks guys!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)





 

I know...I totally LOOK like Vanna White is this photo, right??? :):):):):):):):):)

 


And Aunt Cookie sent me some Birthday money and I got this little GOODIE! :):):):):):):) Thanks Aunt Cookie! :):):):):):):):):):):):)







And Aunt Suzy and Uncle Richard sent me some Birthday money too....and I picked up these wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy COOL BARBIES!!! Thanks Aunt Suzy and Uncle Richard! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)







Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooooo....here comes Mommy!!!! I gotta go....hopefully she won't see that I all ready typed a bunch in here....she said something about putting her "work" on our website today??? I don't get that at all.....BYE NOW! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)




Hi all.....

I just wanted to pop in here real quick and share some LO's I have made for One Little Word (OLW) and Scrap that Poetry!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

The word at OLW this time around is "Gratitude" .... and this time....I made THREE LO's for the challenge! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

First is.... *To speak gratitude is courteous and plesant - to enact gratitude is generous and noble - but to live in gratitude is to touch Heaven* (this is a quote by: Johannes A. Gaertner) :):):):):):):):):) I mixed a few Kenner Road kits to make this, plus added a Prima flower and a vintage music sheet whose title I thought was perfect!!! :) The photo is credit to my dear friend Jessi!!! She posted these on her blog one day...I fell in love...and she was nice enough to send me a copy to scrap!!!! This is outside her home....LUCKY GIRL!!!! Thanks Jessi! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


 


 


 


 


 


The next one for OLW is - *Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow* :):):):):):):):):):):):):):) I used a bunch of goodies on here...including the yellow flower from Jodie's ETSY shop,  the leaf is from Tonia's ETSY shop (HAPPY BIRTHDAY by the WAY TONIA!!!!!), the little yellow felt flowers is from my dear Jeanet, and I also used some vintage lace trim that I got from a class that Gigi taught awhile back! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)  And yes....to the LEFT in this LO...is a PHOTO of ME ME ME from the PAST PAST PAST!!! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)







 


 


 


 


And the last one I made for OLW... is *We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude* (a quote by Cynthia Ozick) :):):):):):):):):):)  These are photos from the "Hall of Flame" a musuem dedicated to firefighters that we went to on Brookie's birthday last week......These photos are from the 09/11/01 exhibit they had there.  (*side note* I hope people know that for this quote...I am referring to all public servants that risk their lives daily for us....not JUST the firefighters that perished in 09/11/01...these are just the photos that I chose to use for this LO*) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)







 


 


 


And the last LO I want to share is one I made for Scrap that Poetry!!! :):):):):):) The poem this time is "IF".....and I chose that as my TITLE....and wrote my journaling around the inside of the circle....and the journaling reads: "If I could tell you that life is simple - I would. If I could tell you that everything is always going to be fine - I would. If I could tell you that no one will ever bother you or pick on you - I would.  If I could tell you that someday you will meet the husband/wife that you have always dreamed about - I would. If I could tell you that kids will never be cruel to you - I would. If I could tell you that you find the perfect house - I would. If I could tell you that you won’t have conflict in your life - I would. If I could tell you that making friends is easy - I would. If I could tell you that bullies don’t exist - I would. If I could tell you that you will never have to struggle with decisions - I would. Life isn’t always about the “ifs” you wish you did have - but its about the attitude that you choose to have. Be positive. Be thoughtful. Be considerate. Be loving. Be caring. Be a good listener. Be you. If you follow that attitude, all the “ifs” in life will fall into place. Its not an easy path - but it’s the path that will lead you right." :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


 


 


 


 


Ok....that's all I have for now.....Brookie got some CUTE things this week for her Birthday....and I will back soon to show those off!!!!! Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and remember....U only have until the evening of the 14th to get your FAVE THINGS LO's IN! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
LOVE TO ALL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

36 comments:

  1. OOOOOHHHHH my!!!!!! I love all your layouts! All 3 for OLW are beautiful... I especially love the one you made for our challenge "IF"! Your rocked the challenge... I love your journaling... it is so appropriate! Thanks for playing along with us at STP! Oh and tell Brookie that my kids love their magnetic people that they have like hers...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! These are all so beautiful!! LOVE that circle journaling!! Hope you had a good weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome LO...Love the journaling in a circle and the words themselves are great!! Thanks so much for playing along at STP!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure who to address this comment to ---- Brooke, what a super birthday you had, and hey, just keep em coming!!! and Mommy, you have been one busy scrapper - what stunning layouts!!!! I love the fantastic circle journaling on the "if" layout, and the quotes you used on the Gratitude layouts are all so perfect. It's cool how you scrapped the firefighter museum pix and also the past and future. I just can't believe how fast you must be at scrapping - I am still dithering over one I began to lay out early this afternoon. Hope you have a great weekend and looking forward to the 15th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Brookie, great haul of stuff!! lol
    And your Mom made great layouts as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, 1st of all I want to come over and play with Brookie!! Second, I love those layouts!! I especially LOVE the way you scrapped that photo I sent...it is beautiful!!! I mean, the layout:) I also love the one u made for STP...the journaling is awesome and I just love it!! Thanks so much for supporting us over there:)
    Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  7. yOUR work is just stunning!! I love coming to your blog for a visit....it always fills me with happiness reading about your family!
    Have a wonderful week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Missy!! YOu have been scrappy busy haven't you!! LOVE! Before that though... HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROOKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad you had a wonderful day and that it still continues! Now back to you Miss Scrap-your-butt-off! I love all your pages but oh my goodness the journaling on your IF page... I can't find the words to tell you how awesome it is! Hope your new week is superly good, hugs and love from me to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay!!! i'm so glad brookie got her gift. :) hehehe. so sorry that it was late.

    AWESOME layouts, julie. i love the stitching on your layouts... and you know this already but i love your title work. please teach me how you do your titles. :)

    hope you have a wonderful week ahead of you!

    hugs hugs and more hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Brookie you racked up girlfriend! Happy week long birthday to you!!!! ;)

    ....and Julie, I am digging all your circular stuff in those layouts. That circle journaling is awesome and first one about gratitude totally touched me! :) Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. FANTASTIC LO'S! They are all so cute, such great designs, & cute photos! I really ♥ that Gratitude LO (you really look like Brookie in that photo) & the awesome journaling on If!

    Have an awesome week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just don't know what to say, i am speechless!!! Looooove your LO's, they are all so special and straight from the heart!!! And you should teach us some speed scrapping!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are wonderfl Julie love the pictures of your children they are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julie! You are so productive! These are fabulous layouts...lovely details, bright colors and great journaling....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just love your style! Amazing layouts!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Brookie...you made out in the gift department....What a great Birthday......it just keeps going!!!! Oh Mommy...what wonderful LO's......love all of them as I always do!!! Wishing you a great week....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What beautiful layouts! That first one is my favorite, I would totally frame it and hang it where I could see it every day!

    Awesome pressies Brookie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thses Lo's are so heartfelt and wonderful!!! Each of them are special in their own way!!! Can I say, that Brookie is a clone of you when you were little!!! LOVE,LOVE all the photos and awesome pages!!! Thanks for sharing!!! How do I put these in my favorites folder now???? :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all the layouts! They are all so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The last layout is my FAVE! I love that circle journaling. Superduper cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. The journaling on your last layout rocks! What a great interpretation of "IF"- thanks for playing along with us at STP!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Julie, I totally love your STP-LO - the journaling is so heartfelt, and the labyrinth so perfect for life's mysterious ways - so beautiful and so straight to the core of the poem. Wonderful!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. juliiiie! I LOVE all of your latest layouts, they are all so fabulous in so many different ways, you inspire me so much!
    Little Brookie got quite a load for her birthday! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY BROOKIE!! It looks like she made out like a bandit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. oooh goodness, everything here is sooo cute!!! i do particularly LOVE LOVE LOVE the "iF" l/o for Scrap that Poetry!! thanks so much for playing along. that journaling is adorable, and perfect!!!
    and i sooo LOVE THAT L/O you did w/ JESSI'S photo!! it's sooo PRETTY!!!! just GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!! All these layouts just so ROCK!!!!! Really love your journalling!!!!! Just fantastic!!!!

    I see where Brookie gets her good looks!!!! And that Polly Flender dress is adorable on you! Is that smocking I see??????? I had a blue dress just like it! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awwww Happy Belated Birthday wishes for Brookie! And I'm lovin those layouts woman! You never cease to amaze me! I've been MIA again..lol. But I'm trying to get caught up! Also have a new blog.... http://atcthemusic.blogspot.com/
    Love you and miss you! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow Brookie, what a long Birthday you are having, lucky you!!!! Julie, I am instantly drawn to your layouts as circles are some of my fav things and the fact that they are about gratitude makes them even more special, Tiff xx.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wooooooooow, Julie!! Your layouts are gorgeous!! This is my first visit to your blog and I'm blown away by your beautiful pages!! LOOOOOVE how you did your journaling for the "IF" page! Thanks so much for playing with STP :) Hope you'll come check out the October 15 challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgoeus layouts! Love your OLW layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  30. alll I can say is WOW. You rock! I especially love the fireperson one.

    ReplyDelete
  31. wow wow wow... you are unbelievable... love the lo's... and Brookies photos...

    love the 'if' lo and journaling... it's just awesome... made me cry... it's just lovely...

    Gratitude... is such wonderful subject and you've capture it so well in those lo's... they are so inspiring... I love the... live in gratitude is to touch of heaven...it's just so true... and I love everything about the lo... it's just lovely... the gratitude for those who protect us such a lovely thing to scrap about... tfs~... and the last one... OMG girl.. the sentiment is so true and I love love love this lo... it's just lovely... and the photo of you is just precious... Brookie looks so much like you... Thank you so much for your inspiring lo's... my heart is overwhelmed... thank you!!!
    {{hugs}} Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Sweet Brookie,so sorry I missed your post!But I'm catching up..well, you have had the bestest and longest birthday ever..I'm jealous...want that next year too ;)Enjoy your new toys sweetie!

    LOVE your scrap that poetry LO JUlie...fantastic poem...have to "borrow" that one!And WOW...the OLW lo's just rock!!!They all are so very Julie-ious and so gorgeous!LOve them!

    ReplyDelete
  33. oh man! i dunno how i missed this post! i love all the spectacular color you used in all the layouts! they are gorgeous! brookie scored some really awesome presents!!! wow! she looks so happy!!!!! yay! i especially love the circle journaling on the if layout....and the words you had for your children....such great advice! beautiful work julie!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Julie,
    All of these layouts are pretty darn awesome!! I love how you just let go and do your thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh, my friend - your LOs are all totally amazing!! Thanks for sharing :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Amazing! not just one but 3 for the challenge!! they are all wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)