Monday, August 3, 2009

*Who Can Turn The World On With Her Smile?* with a side of *Smushy Face*...,.and a photo I forgot to share in my last post! :):):):):):)

Hi all.....

Thanks for all the "welcome backs!!" made me SMILE all day! :):):):):):):):):):)

Wanted to share some lo's! :):):):):):):)

The first one is for the latest Scrapping the Music!!!! And keeping with a new tradition...we are doing a TV theme show song the first Sunday of every month!!! This month its..."The Mary Tyler Moore Show" :):):):):):):):):):):) Hope U all can join us! Scrapping the MUSIC!!! :):):):):):):):) I used a Kenner Road kit on this LO! :):):):):):):):):):)





And this one is for the latest Cafe Mojo challenge!!! We wanna see some RUB-ONS this TIME! :):):):):):):):) I used a NoelMignon.com kit on this lo!!!! I hope U all can join us for this challenge! :):):):):):) CAFE MOJO CHALLENGES!!! :):):):):):):):):):)







Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and I forgot!!!!! A few posts ago....SEVERAL of U asked me...."Julie, how do U make sooooooooo many lo's???".....well, I promise there is no secret!!! LOL!!! I seriously make each lo in about a half hour!!! LOL :):):):):) I have a good friend named Krista...and I go to her house one Saturday a month for a crop....and its soooooooooooo funny....I am only there for about 3 hours...and I only have ONE rule while I'm there...between the chatting, the visiting, the EATING (lol!)....I have to MAKE 3 LO's before I leave her house!!! And to this day...over a year later...I have yet to leave her house with less than 3 lo's!!! Sooooooooo there U have it folks!!! No fancy secret! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Next, I wanted to share a photo that I forgot to post yesterday....while I was in Delaware....I saw this sign on the highway....seriously, it gave me the chills....I just wanted to share this...and hope that someone out there that sees it...takes it to the heart......



Also....I was awarded a BEAUTIFUL award from Jay and Vicki.... Thanks GIRLS! :):):):):):):):):):) And I wanna pass it on too..... Cathy, Mel, Lisa H., Maggi....and gee.....HOW BOUT EVERYONE!!!! LOL! :):):):):):):):):)



Ohhhhhhhhhhh and I loveeeeeeeeeeee this COOL book tag I got from Sandra and Jay!!! Here are my rules!!! :):):)

What you have to do is ….
1. Pick up the book that you have most handy
2. Turn to page 161
3. Find the 5th complete sentence
4. Cite the sentence on your blog
5. Pass it on to 5 other unsuspecting blogger friends.

Ok.....sooooooooooooo I have to blame my Mom for this one!! (love ya Mommy!!)...she loaned me her book, "The Shack".....and I took it on the plane with me to New Jersey....I read the ENTIRE book on my flight out there....COULD not PUT it DOWN!!!!! WOW WOW WOW WOW!!! If U have NOT read this BOOK...U should....it is simply the most MOST BEAUTIFUL AMAZING thing I have ever read!!!! I was bawling like a baby through most of it!!!! Ok....sooooooooooooo back to my tag from Jay and Sandra!!!! LOL!!!

"How far do we go back, Mackenzie? This legacy of brokenness goes all the way back to Adam, what about him? But why stop there? What about God? God started this whole thing. Is God to blame?"

Seriously....thanks to my Mom for loaning this book to me (I am suppose to pass it on to my Brother when I'm done....but good luck trying to pry it from my hands now, Mom!! LOL)........... if U want to learn more about this book..... please check out their site HERE!!!! :):):):):):):)

Ok.....soooooooooooo let's see....I am gonna tag.... AMY M., Staci Jo and her Siste-In-Law Heather....and hmmmmmmmmmmm let's see....Jenneke and Jeanet! :):):):):):):):):):):):)


LOVE TO ALL! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

32 comments:

  1. oooh Julie, you are reading The Shack!
    It is a fantastic read, tough but so worth reading.
    I LOVE your smushy face LO, what a precious memory to capture.
    That DUI sign is sad :(
    Hopefully it sends a message to everyone that drives past it

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi juleeeee!

    i think rhi once posted a quote from The Shack on her blog, which made me want to read the book. now, with your recommendation, I have to!!!

    i love the perfect circle of letters on your LO! I'm hoping to get motivated to do a my fav things LO!!! julie's challeng!

    XO : .)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are rockin' the layouts again.... Love them... I remember everytime I do a layout that it only takes you 30 minutes to complete a layout.... I try to keep mine to a minimum... not happenin'!!! I love your mojo I need you to send me some of the speedy scrappin' mojo!!!! Okay... may sound odd but I am reading the bible on a read it in a year plan our pastor has given us a challenge... I will post your Book Tag.... Hugs friend... glad you are home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...LOve your LO's Julie...that smile of Brookie...that title is just perfect!!!
    You are a fast scrapper...sometimes I manage to do....but I'm always searching for stuff,can't remember where I put it..so that costs me a lot of time..have to get more organized LOL!
    Thanks for tagging me...will post it later on my blog!
    Hugs,my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really work fast, I do hours about a card or a lo, lol!
    But I love your lo's all of them, the one with Brooke is tooo cute!
    And love the other picture with Brooke lovely!
    hugs Dora

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never heard of that book, but i think we are a little behind! Nobody here reads Twilight and the movie was hardly seen as well??? So my next book will be Twilight and I will take look at that site!!
    Your Lo's are great again, love that little angelface!!!!
    hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adore your STM lo- so bright and refreshing - sigh....

    Love smushy face!!! that is just way way too gorgeous for words!!!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello beautiful!! Glad to see that you got straight back into the scrapping!! Lovely photos and beautiful LO's too!!
    Kathie
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that "smushy face" page!! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the layouts, as usual! I also really think they should put those signs everywhere that has happened! The STM lo is my fave this time:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW...she is so freakin cute!! Love the lo and the smushy face is absolutely adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH my goodness... I LOVE those LO's soooo much!!! They are both absolutely adorable, with the most adorable photos on them, too!

    Oh & you forgot to mention that you wake up in the middle of the night to scrap, when most people are sleeping! LOL! :-)

    Love ya, Jule! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute pics on your fantastic layouts, and that DUI pic creeps me out too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG! I LOVE the Smushy Face layout :) The circle journaling with the title inside is AWESOME! I sooo envy your ability to do a 30-minute layout. Mine are more like 3-hour or 3-day layouts. I'm soooo slow!! Ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all the lo's as usual! AND OMG The Shack is awesome. I read it on vacation and was crying while laying out by the pool! Luckily I had on sunglasses so nobody could see my blubberiness! :)

    HUGS my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such great layouts and I cannot believe how fast you scrap. Sometimes after reading a challenge, I actually dream the layout and then the next morning it comes together super fast but most of the time --- no way.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is my first bu definately not my last visit to your blog Julie. (Love your smileys)

    I'm busy reading "The Shack" and have to agree with your comments about it. It truly is amazing. I've made notes in my book as I went along - there are so many lessons to be learnt in there!

    I joined your "favourite things" site a while ago but didn't have a chance to do a lo as yet. I'm home now recovering after a hysterectomy so I'm almost well enough to start scrapping. Your challenge will be the first I'm going to give a go at.

    Sorry - I never leave comments this long - got carried away there for a bit! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Julie... I love the lo's... I have always been a big fan of that song... I think I wil have to do a lo with it... and the smushy face, what can I say... it's a smushy face... it's fab... they are just so GREAT!!!

    As for the getting lo's done tip... I appreciate it... I think too much about my lo's and think that's why it takes me sooooo long to do a lo... will have to try doing one in a 1/2 hour and see what happens... I want more done!!! Also I know what you mean about the scrap time with friends... I usually get 1 to 2 done... but if I commit to 3 every time.... that is so do-able... I just have to do it...

    As for the book... never heard of it... will have to look it up... and thanks for all your lovely comments... have a super fantastic day... {{BIG HUGS}} Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the layouts, they are so great! Going to have to scrap lift them. " )

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ok, so you already KNOW THAT I LOVE LOVE LOVE that first layout!! But, yowsa on the second one! That is awesome, too! I love how you did the stamp detail with the alphas. so creative, girl!
    Have a wonderful Wednesday!
    B

    ReplyDelete
  21. OK! So your trick didn't help at all! LOL! Thanks for sharing your secret but I don't think there will ever come a day when I can complete a LO in 30 minutes! LOL! I tend to obsess too much!

    I adore these LOs! Really, really love the smushy face one! And my heart broke a little when I saw the DUI sign. I just found out Monday night that an friend of my daughter's was killed this Spring by DUI. He wasn't a close friend and I had never even met him but it still rocked me to my core. Such a tragedy. He was only 24.

    Glad you enjoyed the book. I havent' read in so long. I LOVE to read but no time, no time! But one day!!! Thanks for the lovely award. You are THE sweetest!!!!! Love ya, L.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wish I could do a layout in 30 minutes...awesome job there Girlie!!

    Oooh, I've been tagged...will have to get right to this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the LO's girlfriend and I am reading the same book!!!!! That sign was scary...I didn't see any of them while we were visiting!!! Have a great one!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julie!!! omg,that LO with the Mary Tyler Moore theme song, AWESOME!!!!!!! Love that!!!
    You do beautiful work! I can't believe it took me so long to get to your amazing blog! Well, better late than never right!!! Have a great day, xOxO deb

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful LOs...love that!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. hello beautiful lady
    those are some great layouts.
    i LOvE the little circle journaling you did on the smushy face one. too cute.

    happy Wednesday to you!
    sandra/merryheart2

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey girlie
    You and your family are just too darn cute!! And yes that smile is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Just smushy smashing!!!!!! These really rock!!!! Great job Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just love your layouts! Your circle title is adorable ;) So much amazing inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So many wonderful layouts come out of your hands girl!!! Anyhow.... that sign gave me chills too! My Gosh!!!! Oh, and I will be going to check out that link, I'm always on the look out for great books! Thanks, have a good one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I can't believe your song is the same as my playlist - Mary tyler moore.

    Well, well, well, Jr. High, huh? Time does fly.

    Caitlin is in her second year in Jr. High. It should be a good year.

    Thanks for coming by.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)