Friday, May 1, 2009

Good Week? Bad Week? Jury is SPLIT down the MIDDLE! LOL :):):):)

Hi all.....

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww....what a WEEK!!! CRAZINESS happening here!!! LOL :):):):) Let's REVIEW shall we???? :):):):):)

GOOD WEEK:

I came home to see I had THREE (YES...THREE) packages from FRIENDS overseas!!!! TWO from Australia and ONE from the NETHERLANDS!!!!! :):):):):):):):):)

My friend Jane in Australia...has started something COOL...and I want to pass on her TRADITION!!!!! She has some scrap "stash" that she isn't using and asked any of her blog friends if they would like it!!!! Well!!!! OF COURSE!!!! Her condition is this....I MUST GET SOME of MY SCRAP "STASH" and forward it to a home that would JUST LOVEEEEEEEEEEE to use it!!!! That's EASY, right????? Sooooooooooooo that's what I'm a gonna do!!!! I will pick a name from the comments I get here....get together some of my stash and forward it on to U....and U will do the same with some of your stash!!!!!! SOUNDS LIKE FUN, RIGHT???? Just let me know in a comment if U would like to PLAY ALONG! :):):):):):):):):):):)

This is what I got from Jane!!!!! YAY! :):):):):):):):)


NEXT......WOW oh WOW WOW WOW....I won a RAK on my friend Sharmaine's BLOG...and boy OH boy did that girl SPOIL ME!!!!! A bunch of YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY scrap stuff and and and and A BEAUTIFUL JOURNAL she MADE JUST FOR ME!!!!!!!!! *swoon* :):):):):):):):):):):):) AND.....TIM TAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKK!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee those COOKIES!!!!!!!! If U have NEVER had them.....BEG BEG BEG one of your Aussie friends to send them to U....they are sooooooooooooooo GOOD!!!! Thanks SHARMAINE for the AMAZING PACKAGE!!!!!! :):):):):):):):):) Here is what she sent me! :):):):):):):):):)


Then my WONDERFUL friend JENNEKE in the Netherlands...sent me a PACKAGE too!!!! WOW WOW WOW.....(I think that Good week vs. Bad week Jury is leaning TOWARDS the GOOD side right now!!!!) sent me a package!!!!! AND AND AND.....HOLY WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW....she sent me one of those COOL APRONS like she sent Amy!!!! OMYGOSH!!!!!!!!! I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it!!!!!!! Thanks sooooooooooo much Jenneke! :):):):):):) Here is what she sent me! :):):):):):):):):):)



Okkkkkkkkkkkk let's throw in the "bad week" segment and get it over with...sooooooooooo I can go back to the GOOD stuff!!! :):):):):):)

As U all know...my COMPUTER was SICK SICK SICK SICK this week....he had a NASTY virus and had to take it the "doctor" to fix.....well......WAYYYYYYYYYYYY to much money later....he is back at home and working...TO A DEGREE!!!! My Canon software is STILL messed up....I had to take the computer, the software, the camera & the USB cord back to the "doctor" last night to see if they could help me.....alas....not really....he found a way for me to download photos...but it takes me almost an extra half hour....BUMMER....but, as my WONDERFUL friend Deana pointed out.....I can STILL upload photos though!!! TRUE TO THAT! :):):):):):):):):):)

Both kids were sick this week! :( Adam has an ongoing STY on his eye, and after finding out how to care for it from the doctor....it is still lingering and causing him pain and looking all swollen and YUCKY!!!!!! POOR ADAM!!!! :( Brookie had a HIGH fever earlier this week and GUNK EYE!!!!! YUCKY again!!!! :(:(:(:(:(:(

Then as some of you have heard about the "SWINE FLU" that is sweeping across the US and Mexico....well....we have had some cases of it here in Arizona....and they had to close down an Elementary school for 10 days because a child that attends there is infected with this flu....the SCARY part is (well, besides that child that has it)....this school is only ONE mile from my house..... UGH.....don't think I'm not making the kids, Brian and myself wash our hands ....ohhhhhhhh like 4 million times a DAY!!!! :(

Brian's hand is killing him....like he went to the doctor himself today and got X-rays kinda hurting...we should know more on Monday!!! :(

Work is killing me right now!!!! :( Now, please don't get me wrong, I am ETERNALLY grateful I have a job.....but, part 0f our job was sent overseas and my boss is adding more duties to myself and a few extra to try and get some "kinks" worked out...and it is draining me physically!!! :(

I was completely saddened when I visited some friends from the Netherlands blog yesterday, to see the tragedy that happened there during the "Queensday" celebration!!!! A man drove his car at a high speed through the crowd killing many others and himself.....my heart aches for those that lost their lives....my prayers go out to my friends in the Netherlands as they try to come to terms with this horrible thing that happened there........

Okkkkkkkkkkk.....back to GOOD WEEK NEWS!!!! :):):):):):):)

As I announced to some of U in an earlier post...I have been honored to join a NEW CHALLENGE BLOG!!!!! KIDDIE LIT!!!!!! To be inspired by childrens books! :):):):):):):) OUR FIRST challenge is UP TODAY and its based on, "The Wizard of OZ" :):):):):):):):) Hope my scrappy friends can join us (I have a link to the blog on my sidebar!) :):):):):):) Here is the page I made..... I used blue gingham (like Dorothy's dress!), rainbows, flowers....and I used some lyrics from, "Wicked" as my journaling! :):):):):):):):):):)




And OUR NEXT challenge is UP at CAFE MOJO!!!! This time we are CELEBRATING MOTHER'S!!!!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) I used one of my FAVE quotes EVER....."Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while, but their hearts forever!" :):):):):):):) And YEPPERS...that's me in that PHOTO!!! Hope my scrappy friends can join us for this challenge too! :):):):):):):):):)


And the last BIT OF GOOD WEEK NEWS!!!! Brookie had her 6 month check up with the opthromologist today for her eyes!! For those of you that don't know....Brookie has Port Wine Stains and that can (sadly, most likely) affect her vision (glaucoma or even blindness).....but the GOOD NEWS is...her EYES are AWESOME for now!!!! She passed her "eye" chart exam (they showed her pictures) with flying colors...he doesn't see any signs of glaucoma....and her 2 different colored eyes don't appear to be related to her Port Wine Stains....just WHO SHE IS! :):):):):):):):) YAY! :):):):):):)






Sooooooooooo all in alllllllllllll it was a GOOD WEEK....just some ROUGH patches added along the way! :):):):):)

LOVE TO ALL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

20 comments:

  1. yay!

    glad you're back online and your computer is ok!!!

    I was sitting here thinking of you and staring at my place mat, brainstorming what I will do with it! thanks so much for sending that to me, and oh wow! I am so happy to get the vintage buttons and the MILK CAP!!! heee!!! it is National Scrapbook Day (why do they call it that when all the LSSs celebrate over a weekend?) after all and I have plans to do art the entire weekend! (well, except for some running, gotta exercise! : .) I have "ideas" and I can't wait to execute!

    tim tams from Australia are the BEST, especialy sprinkled with Sharmaine's magic!!! (I did find them at Cost Plus World Market disguised as Arnotts biscuits, but in America, they are not the same.) you deserve the sweetness!!! : .)

    I'm glad that Brookie had a good check-up at the eye dr!

    ok Julie-Julie do you love me! (Bobby Sherman!)

    habe a gud weekend!!! art lots!!!

    -phinner/Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so cute!!! Lovin' the photos of Brookie at the eye dr... & yay for great exam results!!!

    AWESOME LO's... as ALWAYS!!!

    Sorry to hear about extra work at work, but glad to hear about your computer back at home! At least now you get play again when you leave work!

    WAY FUN goodies from blog friends!!! Lucky you!

    Have a GREAT weekend & I hope the kids feel better soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Julie; when it rains-it pours, right?! You know that God does everything for a reason, and supposedly, He never gives you more than you can handle! In times such as yours, I try to focus on EVERYTHING I have to be thankful for, each single blessing, and you certainly still have A LOT! (Especially AWESOME MAIL (I got my Canon Rebel STI today myself)!

    Whether or not I am chosen to receive your RAK-I intend to carry on such an inspiring idea myself! I heart you Julie. With prayer~B.

    P.S. I've gotta check out the new blog, being from Kansas myself,m I collect Wizard of Oz items!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Brookie is such a sweet-pea! Glad she had a good check-up. :)

    Love all your happy mail...lots to play with for NSD!!!!

    Glad you see the good along with the bad - that flu stuff is scary but it sounds like you are taking the right precautions. I'm saying a little prayer that next week will be better for you my dear!

    Happy National Scrapbook Day! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay....so glad you got your parcel so quickly ...I thought it might take a couple more weeks. I am so glad you are playing along. I hope lots of others want to play along..leave me out of this one..I just came over to check out what you have been up to and give some support!! Love your layout inspired by the Wizard of Oz. What an awesome idea!! XXjs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there Sweet Thing, just wanted to give you a hug, say I love ya and hope the weekend is refreshing, the new week a wonderful one AND love your new creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and Yay to Brookie's eyes being perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wahoo for scrappy mail and three scrummy packages too. enjoy missy j you so deserve it. glad things are going ok with missy b too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, kiddo you have had one of those weeks!!!! What wonderful gifts to have received and I would love to play along!!!! So sorry the kiddos are not feeling well, but the news from the doctor was Fantastic!!! Your LO's never cease to amaze me and I just adore your work!!!! Hoping that you will have a weekend filled with Happiness and Creativity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love you're layouts! made the one for cafe mojo just now, was fun to! I'm going to check out that new challenge blog, congrats on you're dt! hugs sam

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a lot of news you shared with us! First congrats with Brookie, such a relief to hear her eyes are oké!!! And what a great gifts you got this week, isn't it great to get packages from all over the world?!!! And I love the idea with the scrap stash, I am in!!! And I want to thank you for your sweet words about the Queensday tragedy, I still can't believe it realy happened.
    And last but not least looove yout LO, hope I can find the time to join you!!
    Hope you have a great weekend!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Take the good with the bad and the bad with the good. I am so excited for all your goodies you received...Oh OH Oh....yayyyy you got an apron too....We are all gonna have to meet up one day and crop for the weekend with our cool aprons. Have a great weekend. PS...brookie is the cutest little girl ever. Much love and prayers to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow what a busy week Julie. Glad Brookie's eyes are ok. Hoping Brian gets good results back too.

    Looks like you were spoilt a bit too huh?? Gotta love your darling friends....Makes for a happy ending to a busy week.

    Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! I don;t know where to begin! Let's see since I love candy - I won;t to be in on the stash giveaway. I have plenty that I can pass on, and it gives me a push to go through some of my junk - oops I mean treasures! LOL!

    Never had a tim-tam - but have heard they are amazing!

    I am so sorry your kiddos have been sick - but I am glad Brookie had a good check-up.

    Now - I can relate to the entire job thing - just hang in there! Go scrap some more - it is the best therapy LOL!!!

    AWESOME LAYOUT! I know you would rock this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a week, Julie!!!
    Love to read about all the good parts (happy that you finally got your package and that you love it!) and got sad about all the bad things..
    That flu worries me. There is also 1 patient in the Netherlands now, a child of 3 years old. I can imagine you let your children wash their hands often, keep on doing that! And I hope the rest of the health-problems will be over soon!!

    Count me in for the stash-give-away-project!! Love the idea!!!

    Enjoy your weekend! And thanks for your sweet words about the drama on Queensday. You're a true friend!

    BIG HUG, also for the rest of your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Lucky you getting all of those pretties in the mail :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would say it's a good week. :)
    I'm so happy that Brookie's eyes are alright and I hope Brian and Adam start feeling better soon. Try to relax at work....if you can.
    Enjoy all your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  18. cant wait to see how you use those ghost shapes. I have some of those and have never used them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, I was a little behind in catching up with my good blog friends and look at what I missed! WOW! That was some week! If I had to vote, I would say "GOOD"! Not to dismiss the aggrevating bad, but there were certainly some FANTASTIC things going on in your world last week! I would love to play along with the stash give away. Funny how I just weeded out my stash and it still feels over-grown!

    I absolutely LOVE your layouts, but of course I always say that! Not only does your talent blow me away, but the fact you get so much done in so little time! I need in on your secret! lol!

    Hope you had a wonderful weekend of smiles and sunshine! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  20. Geez, sounds like your life has been crazy!! Hang in there and things will get better and don't forget to take care of yourself too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)