Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Day of the Dead :)

Hi everyone! :)

I wanted to share some wood plaques that I made for Brookie and my Mother-in-law :)  Their birthdays are one day apart, and Brookie asked for Day of the Dead decorations for their birthday dinner.  So I thought I would make them each a little plaque for them to remember the day using some of the goodies from their celebration :)

I first took two napkins from their birthday dinner and decoupaged them to the wood plaques I bought at my local craft store :)

Then if you look closely at the photo, you will see little Day of the Dead cupcake stick toppers in their pumpkin muffins, and after I took the sticks off of some of them, I used them on here :)

I also added some flowers that I found at my local craft store :)









Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :)

16 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I love how colorful they look!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome plaques! I love all the colorful layers! Great idea to incorporate decorations from the party in your project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Nicely done! SO pretty and colorful and fun... LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Julie, that's so creative and really special. I cannot believe how grown up Brookie looks in this photo! What a fun birthday cake to share too. Love these bright colours - it just speaks love and joy! And thanks so much for popping over to LDD and leaving some comments - its much appreciated! Looking forward to seeing your DDaily this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. way to upcycle. These look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous way to commemorate their birthdays! These are so fun and such a wonderful keepsake! Love how you added the birthday napkins and cupcake toppers to the decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo cool, I love the glimmer-skuls so much...
    Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! These plaques are so creative and beautiful! What a wonderful way to remember and commemorate their birthdays!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh julie what a clever and creative project. You have let the creative juices flow in this one. I love how the skull and the colors are so contrasting yet perfectly complementary...bright and cheerful and the glitter adds to the charm so much
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are wonderful. Love the sparkle and all the pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh! How fabulous are these! LOVE the bright colours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)