Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Canyon at the Canyon -- featuring Paper House :)

Hi everyone :)


A couple of weeks ago, I was a chaperone for Brookie's 4th grade field trip to the Grand Canyon! They had everyone wear the same T-shirt's, and since I had 2 (one for me and one for Brookie), and I knew we wouldn't have a reason to wear them again, I decided to alter the T-shirts and use them as backgrounds to frame some of the photos from our trip! :)

I started out with a vintage frame I had from a friend, and a piece of wood I had left over from my coffee table/trunk redo. :)




And here is one of our T-shirts from the trip :)




I used Paper House Productions Grand Canyon stickers on my finished projects :) I also used Paper House Productions map papers for the back of the wood one :)


And here is what I made with the frame, wood piece and T-shirts :)


I made the one using the wood piece for the 4th grade teachers at Brookie's school :)  

I used interface fusible fabric to stiffen the T-shirt, and then pulled it taut around the wood and stapled  (I used a heavy duty stapler that my mother-in-law loaned me) it to the back side.  Since I didn't want the T-shirt material to show on the back, I took the map papers and glued them to cover the extra material.






And here is the back of the wood one :)




And here is the one that I made with the vintage frame.  This one is for our house :)









Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :)

19 comments:

  1. Wow that is a wonderful idea, and it looks so good too.. what an amazing place the grand canyon must be, the photos are awesome... Fabulous keepsake!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Who gets to go to the Grand Canyon on a school field trip????? YOur daughter, of course. I love, LOVE the wonderful and creative idea you had to frame the photos and place them on t-shirts. WOW again, my creative friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the second one in the vintage frame. Awesome work and love the creativity in this project :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing! Love your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous projects....always love seeing your incredible creations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are awesome! I love how you were able to use the shirts! That is so creative. And what a fun place to go on a field trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a genius idea, Julie! This is such a fabulous way to re-use those t-shirts to turn them into something that won't get used into something that will be enjoyed every day! LOVE how they turned out! Those dimensional stickers that you had were beyond perfect! Seriously LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're awesome! What a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Genius indeed Julie!
    You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beyond awesome!! So cool!! LOVE IT !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I sooo love this idea! Thank you for your sweet comments.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nicely done! LOVE how you incorporated the t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, you think of everything! I love the t-shirt background! Your creativity is amazing~great job as always my friend!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Wow Wow! So very cool! What a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are SO SMART! How fun! I never would've thought of such, but it's perfect! I love that pic of you and Brookie... Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are a true genius! Beautifully done!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)