Wednesday, March 15, 2017

From old to new :)

Hi everyone! :)

In January when Adam came to visit, we visited some antique stores, as I was looking for a bigger desk to refinish for Brookie :)

We found this one :)





This is from my ERA! LOL!! 1970's at it's best! :)


You can probably see in this photo, that the previous owner had painted black chalkboard paint on the top ... oy!  So I got some paint remover and went to work! :)





Here is the painted top after the FOURTH application of paint remover!!! Yikes .... 




Finally ... the black paint is GONE! :)




And here is the desk all sanded :)




And here it is all modernized!!!!! :)

Please forgive the garage photos .... I took these after I was done, but before I moved it to her room :)











And here it is in her room :)





And here is the before and after :)




Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :)

20 comments:

  1. Soooo much better!! I really like the handles you've chosen - lucky Brooke:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie! WOW! What a transformation! I am in awe of all of your talents, my friend. And LUCKY Brookie! She can do lots of studying and crafting here!!! Thanks also for your wonderful visit to my blog! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your furniture transformations! The new stain looks amazing and I love the more modern hardware!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Love the stain color too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, WOW! Looks amazing now, Julie! LOVE the wood finish! Such a beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing....what a labor of love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie, that desk came out beautiful!!! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicely done! I love how it looks with all of Brookie's cute stuff on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is quite the transformation Julie!
    You are so talented, patient and devoted!
    BRAVO!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow well done... the end result is a beautiful piece of furniture and you can be very proud of all your hard work in getting the black paint off the top.. I am sure it will give Brookie many years of wonderful creative space...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! You did an amazing job! So so much prettier.

    ReplyDelete
  12. AWESOME!! you are so talented!! Lucky Brookie! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have so many wonderful talents! The desk looks amazing! Love the new hardware!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's amazing what you've done!!Can't believe how beautiful the desk is now!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. So very cool! What a beautiful job you did on this! Don't know if I have the patience... awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a stunning transformation! Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are truly the queen of transformations! This is stunning, girl! Brookie will enjoy it for years and years and years to come!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)