Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Tote bags for kids :)

Hi everyone :)

Most everyone that visits me knows that I taught myself how to sew -- it started when some scrappy friends taught me how to sew on my lo's .... and then moved onto Brian and the in-laws buying me a sewing machine, and then figured, I have a machine, so I wanted to see what else I could do :)

So I wanted to make Brian's little cousin and Brookie some tote bags for their coloring books for Christmas -- I watched one YouTube video on a kid's tote bag -- didn't QUITE understand how she did the lining of the bag -- so I totally winged it on my own :) 

So here is what I came up with :)





Brookie's is a little bigger -- as she is now into Adult Coloring books -- and those are a little bigger than the ones her 3 year cousin uses *wink* :)












And here is Brookie opening hers on Christmas Eve :)




Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :)

21 comments:

  1. Oh, they look so pretty and sweet! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow they look amazing, great material you have used for them.. clever creating once again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww...these are adorable! Love those bags!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so proud
    wiping a little tear away :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should be proud of yourself!
    These are adorable indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are super cute Julie! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute totes Julie! Perfect for books and what great gift that would make! I wish at times I knew how to sew. Very cute!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your tote bags so beautiful!! Love the fabrics you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow....these are just amazing! Love your totes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so cute!! So awesome that you can really do it yourself... I hate trying to figure stuff out and love for people to show me...lol... awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tote bags turned out amazing, my friend! Great job with those! I have a hard time understanding the instructions for lining, too.... as a self taught sewer everything I do seems to be trial and error. But I'd say you nailed these! Totally adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great gift idea & the choice of fabrics is inspired!! I reckon you've done a 100% job on what I would have done, LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. just adorable - I think I am allergic to sewing - just thinking about it makes me nervous and shaky! Cute bags!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How awesome! Love how you've put your sewing skills to great use!
    Meanwhile, your friend here is still sewing on paper only...lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. You rock, mama! Beautiful, thoughtful work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)