Monday, January 23, 2017

Thanks for inspiring me -- featuring Lawn Fawn :)

Hi everyone! :)

As you might know, CHA (Creativation) was here in Phoenix this weekend (I think it actually ends today) -- and I had 2 bloggy friends reach out to me about wanting to meet up while they were in town for the event (I didn't attend this year ... more on that later) :) 

So when these two friends reached out to me ...ummmmmmmmm YES! I would love to meet you!!!!

So the family and I headed to downtown Phoenix on Saturday to meet ......

drum roll please..............






I was so happy and excited to meet both of these amazing women!!! They both inspire me sooooooooo much and so I wanted to make them a little CHOCOLATE treat bag for them to have while walking around CHA! :)



I made these using Lawn Fawn stamps :)







I filled the little bags with heart chocolates :)

So yes, CHA was here in Phoenix this year, but I didn't attend :)  CHA membership is EXPENSIVE (well, to me it is! LOL!) .... and when you go as a blogger, or designer (individual) and NOT working for a company (as I have in the past) -- as each company is allowed to have so many people under their membership as employees for the show, the membership fee is just something I can't pay right now -- Brian and I are HOPING that Brookie will have another surgery this year (we are meeting with her surgeon next month) --- and our insurance deductible is INSANELY expensive, and her hospital demands payment up front.  So right now, we are saving our pennies to pay for the deductible, IF we can get a surgery date this year.  I will know more when we see her surgeon next month :) As for CHA....maybe next year! *wink* :)


Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :)





19 comments:

  1. Yay that you got to meet up with bloggy friends and boo that you didn't get to go. :( But Brookie's well-being is so much more important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so thoughtful those gifts look lovely! And all the best with the plans for Brookies surgery, I hope it all falls into place for you..

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun that you got to meet up! Those little bags are adorable and so thoughtful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yay, how fun Julie! It's always fun to meet new friends!! I would love sometime to fly down and go sometime to CHA. Looks like so much fun! I love your cute little gifts-lawn fawn stamp is super cute!hope everything comes together for Brookies surgery!
    Hugs,
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you met up with Crafty friends. Poor Brookie needs surgery again 😢 Sorry to hear that. I wished you lived in Canada, so you wouldn't have to worry about the medical expense... that saying our plan does not come without any flaws.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful to meet up with friends. I'd adore meeting you sometime!! Your treat bags are fabulous!! Praying that you get the details worked out for Brookie!! ~ Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the treats you have created for your Bloggy Friend!
    You are so sweet and thoughtful!
    I wish you all the best of luck for the surgery...wish it were easier for you guys!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like you have not attended CHA because of the cost. I really miss walking around the floor and meeting so many people. Glad you got to meet with some friends. You are such a sweet person Julie. Saying a prayer you hear good news about Brookie and surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful to meet up with those ladies and so thoughtful of you to make the gorgeous little bags.
    All the best for Brookies surgery. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice treat for everyone -- the meet up not to mention the thank you chocolates.
    Maybe next year you will get to go. Keep us posted on Brookies upcoming surgery. I know you will

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting for you!!!! Love your sweet photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How LOVELY meeting the girls....that was a far better treat than CHA itself I reckon......& honestly, Brooke's medical needs far outweigh paying to see some paper & other bits, beautiful tho they may be!! Hope it works out for her surgery, too..... we are blessed to have our health care provided, in the main, by our government :):)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't Amy the best? I was honored with a lunch with her as well. Now to get you to meet up somewhere! We are so close!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that is just plain COOL!!!! I would love to meet you too someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome to meet up with blog friends!
    I love those cute little tags!
    Good luck with Brookie's surgeon and all the best too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww, that is SO awesome! So nice to get to meet up with bloggy friends in the real! Sorry about CHA, but yes.... Brookie's surgery is far more important! Keeping my fingers crossed that everything works out for that!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It was my pleasure, Julie, to meet you and your beautiful family. Loved the hijinx of trying to find one another! Brookie is so beautiful and it was super cool to meet her after watching her grow up on your blog. Thanks for your beautiful handmade gift, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wait, WHAT?!?! I totally would have met up with you if I'd known it was a possibility. And there were events you could have attended at no cost that weren't affiliated with CHA (now AFDI - that's going to take some getting used to). Well, I'm disappointed not to have seen you, but next year for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, how fun to see friends! Great pics, love! So sorry you didn't get to go. It's always more than I can afford, too. Maybe someday. It's still fun to see all the pics and activities the rest of blogland participates in.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)