Monday, January 9, 2017

Snowflakes -- featuring MME :)

Hi everyone :)


I wanted to share today one of the Christmas gifts Brookie made this season :) -- and a little story to go with it :)

We were at a vintage market back in early November, and I came across a vendor's booth, and she had these antique mattress coils, at 2 for 50 cents, I thought maybe we could make something with them ... so I called Brookie to over where I was and asked her if we were to buy these ... what could she make with them for Christmas gifts?? 




So she is looking at them ... and says, "If we took three of them, we could turn them into snowflake ornaments!" :) .... sounds good to me!!! 

So we started counting them out to make sure we had enough for all the family members .... the owner of the booth came over to help us count them out .... 

.... and then .... this other customer ... (insert rude woman entering the story... grrrrrrrr!) ... and she looks at Brookie and says, "So, what are you making with these?"

Brookie tells her snowflakes ... 

The woman then gets a sneer look on her face and says, "What? Did you get that idea from Pinterest?"

Brookie looks at her confused and says, "I have no idea what that is, this idea just came from my brain."

You.Go.Girl. :)

So proud of her for not giving into this mean woman's taunting.... ugh! Some people! :(

And needless to say, Brookie's answer shut the woman right up ... and earned a wink from the vendor :)
Yes, I have Pinterest.  I regularly Pin things from my friends blogs and other sites -- but Brookie doesn't know the site -- when I start gathering ideas for Christmas gifts, I show her the things I have pinned on my phone, and see if anything on there is something she is interested in making (which you will see tomorrow ... on another project we made for Christmas).  But, Brookie has no idea that it's Pinterest, or what that site is.  She just thinks she is looking at ideas on Mom's phone. :)


Attention woman at the vintage market ... NOT all ideas comes from Pinterest ... some of us come up with things on our own too you know ;) 


So without further ado -- here is what we made with these vintage coils :)






We painted them white, and then I spray painted them with silver glitter.  Then we wrapped them in twine (to make sure they stayed together), and then added a brad to each one from 2 different My Mind's Eye collections :)











Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :)

22 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea! They look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable!!
    Great job, Brookie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome snowflakes, great idea
    Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a unique and clever idea to create these snowflakes for your family.. they look jolly good.. and good on Brookie for thinking of them..

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go, Brookie!!I LOVE LOVE LOVE these snowflakes!!!!!! AMazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. NOW that's some awesome upcycling...these turned out AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever idea! And so awesome that she took credit for her idea. It drives me crazy that people think Pinterest somehow invented every craft project that exists. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people give "credit" to the original artist by saying that "I got it from Pinterest." Grr....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! How super creative of Brookie!! LOVE these!! Pinning (lol)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are super clever and cute! Way to stick up for your creativity, Brookie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, I absolutely LOVE these. AMAZING job!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OHHHHHHHHHH MY GOOOOOOOOODNESS! You are a genius! I love the idea of making these into snowflakes! The paint and twine make them look super vintage! LOVE x100000000!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very creative!! Homemade ornaments are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So very cool and pretty! LOVE these! Fantastic idea!! I bet they were loved!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omgoodness, you girls are just SOOOOOOOO creative! Way to go, Brookie, for coming up with such a genius idea for these snowflakes, and for deflecting the comments of an angry person, too. I LOVE these! Awesome rustic elegance, and all the better for re-using some old treasures! My favorite kind of project!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Boo to rude peeps, & YAY to clever little girls, who come up with brill ideas....these look FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my! These are adorable! What a great idea Brookie!

    P/s: Some people are just super rude!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You go, Brookie! These are SUPER cute, and I love the vintage appeal! Keep up those brilliant ideas, love!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)