Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Believe -- featuring Fab Scraps :)

Hi everyone :)

I wanted to share an altered project I made :)

We had bought these 'yard' decorations for our holiday decor -- and while Brian was trying to put it in the ground outside -- the the stick that goes into the ground, broke -- but the 'decor' piece that was a part of it, was too pretty to get rid of -- so of course I had to make something with it *wink* :)
Here is the 'yard' piece that was left after it broke :)   (it's wood, in case you were wondering) :)





So I decided to make a decorative box with it -- so I grabbed a vintage wood cigar box that I had :)






I started by peeling off as much of the paper that I could from the box, then I painted it green -- then I decorated it with Christmas papers from Fab Scraps, that I got at my local scrapbook store :)

And here is what I made with it :)










Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :)

11 comments:

  1. That looks great, Julie....especially the inside of the box....those papers look brilliant:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this festive box! The inner lid with the little trees is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this ....looks gorgeous. Inspirational. Thanks for sharing. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful project. Love how you decorated it inside and out!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful project...just love your sweet Santa box.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done! LOVE how you "saved" the yard decor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH my gosh that's beautiful! I love things to put things in and that is a lovely thing to put all kinds of treasures... great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love it! What a great way to re-use that adorable wooden decoration! Love that paper you found.... the Santa scene with the mushroom makes me smile so big! Totally fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)