Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Quick and easy pencil/pen/marker holder :)

Hi everyone :)

If you haven't figured it out yet, like most of you -- I hoard junk to reuse it on projects ... lol!  I know, I know ... really Julie ?!?!? Like we don't know this?!?!? LOL :) 

Well -- awhile ago, Brookie got a doll -- and I saved the base of the package for a 'rainy day' craft -- (which is funny, since I live in Arizona, and it barely rains here!) -- anyhoo! -- I kept it to save for a craft later :)

I also collect toilet paper rolls -- cause you NEVER know what you will need to make with them :)

So -- Brookie has discovered the Adult Coloring books that has sweeping the crafty world! And my in-laws got her a deluxe marker set to color them with :)

Wellllllllllllllll ... these markers were a pain in the butt to put back in the package every night (thanks Crayola! Appreciate the genius packaging skills you all have *wink*) ... anyhoo! -- this is the mess they were in every time Brookie colored --




Usually it was worse -- but you get the idea :)



So I wanted to make something to hold all the markers in -- and I could ditch the box they came in :)

And what a perfect time for me making this, as LESSology's challenge this month is "Let's Get Organized!" ... so I am entering this in that challenge :)

Enter the DOLL'S BOX I saved and the EMPTY TOILET PAPER ROLLS!! :)








Well -- that looks kinda boring doesn't it??!?! 

So -- I decided to spruce it up a bit -- and here is what I made :)





I covered each toilet paper roll with some colored cardstock and them stapled them to the empty toilet paper rolls --- Once that was done, I poured some Mod Podge in the bottom of the doll packaging, and then laid books on top of the toilet paper rolls to set it over night :)






And here it is on her desk -- already to use!!!! :)




Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :)

27 comments:

  1. Oh wow, you are so creative! This looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok you win! This is the best idea I have seen in a long time.. how clever.. it looks great and serves a wonderful purpose of keeping the pens tidy as well as being able to see what color to use and there is still room for more because we know how pens can just multiply!! well done.. this looks great.. i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a fabulous idea. I love to stay organized. Brookie must love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that is BRILLIANT! Love having you join us at LESSology...especially for the last challenge ever...& also cos you are sooooo clever!! Much better than that stupid packaging.....they could LEARN something from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really a brilliant idea...I am sure Brookie agrees xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous idea! I love this colorful transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cool and love the "reduce, reuse, recycle" aspect!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So colorful and fun! I'm going to feature this at Fun Family Crafts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://funfamilycrafts.com/recycled-pen-organizer/

      Delete
  9. Oh wow, what a FUN idea! Your think of everything!
    Have a great day!
    Hugs,
    Sherrie k

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so clever...what a fabulous idea, and I love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nicely done! LOVE it!
    Thanks for joining us at LESSology!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great projects Julie!
    Thank you for sharing your creativity with us!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool and crafty organization piece; love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is awesome!! I am very impressed that you wrapped each roll. I understand the tp rolls too-except I go for months and don't need them. Then I get rid of them and out comes a project that needs like 10. :) Crafting drama. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful and what a great way to recycle!! Love it!!
    Love all the fun colors you added to the tp rolls!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is genius! You have such a creative mind! Love that about you. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, my gracious! You're a GENIUS, girl! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)