Friday, September 23, 2016

Jingle all the way -- featuring Authentique :)

Hi everyone :)

I wanted to share a canvas I made for the upcoming Christmas season :)

I found this burlap 2 pack canvasses at Target on clearance (seriously ... TWO 12x12 burlap canvasses for $2.80!) and then I had some vintage ABC blocks, and then I had bought a jingle bell 'wreath' at a yard sale that I cut up just for the bells, and I had some snowflake ornaments I found last year on clearance, and created this :)

I knew with this being burlap and I was adding the heavier ABC blocks and jingle bells, I had to tighten up the burlap canvas :)

So I took some fabric stiffener and painted it on the canvas to make it stiff :)

Then I went through my ABC blocks and found the letters that spelled 'Jingle All the Way' -- and since some of them weren't Christmas colors, I followed Cindy's advice and painted them to the colors I wanted :)

Then I covered the other sides of the ABC blocks with paper from Authentique :)

And here is what I made after all that *wink* :)









Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :)
 

22 comments:

  1. So gorogeous!! But I am in denial about christmas lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is awesome... feels very christmasy :o)
    Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so pretty! I love the dimensional look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that looks fantastic! The burlap looks amazing and love the dimension from the blocks.. very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this festive piece! I'm sure the bells add a fun cheeriness when this canvas is moved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute~what a bargain on the canvas:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cute~what a bargain on the canvas:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, I LOVE this! Seriously, what a great score on all those crafty goods, and what a super fun project you made with them! LOVE all the dimension on here, and love the vintage feel of those ABC blocks. Gives a sense of nostalgia, which I always love at the holidays! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome!! I love how you painted the blocks! This is so creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cool piece of artwork Julie! I LOVE the alpha blocks mixed with the burlap and jingle bells! Fantastic! P.S. love the black and white photos of your clan!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOve this!! What a cool idea and it will be such an amazing decor for this Christmas!!WOW that its an amazing price for those burlap canvases!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh - I LOVE it! So cute! Glad to have inspired it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Julie this is amazing!! What a super creative idea, love it!!! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks awesome! And great score on those burlap canvases!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very very cool!! Love it! You are the second person that has told me I need to get to target!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an adorable creation...simply love it to bits
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome creation!!! Such a fun gift idea to!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  18. you always have such great ideas! This is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Clever, clever, clever.... & what a BARGAIN!!! I LOOOOOOVe it. Wish we had a 'Target' like you have over there:):)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great idea to paint them any color you want, Julie! This is fantastic, and what a festive way to jumpstart the Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)