Friday, July 1, 2016

Paper Sweeties Inspiration Challenge - July 2016 -- featuring Paper Sweeties and Fancy Pants :)

Hi everyone! :)

Our latest mood board challenge is live over at Paper Sweeties and this one had perfect timing :)

My mom celebrated her 70th birthday in late May - and I wanted to decorate our table for the dinner we had for her at our house :)

Side note -- YES! I save toilet paper rolls -- NO ONE in my house is allowed to throw them away *wink* :)

Side note 2 -- My mom's birthday is right around Memorial Day in the USA, so the red, white & blue mood board was perfect for my mom's birthday celebration :)



I started out with these products :)

Red tissue paper, toilet paper rolls and of course, some Paper Sweeties stamps :)






And here is what I made with the above products :)

Brookie helped me fill the toilet paper rolls with mini candy bars :)

Once I had them wrapped in tissue paper, I tied the ends off with blue yarn and used the Stitched Tag stamp from Paper Sweeties -- and then used some of the sentiments from the Mason Jar stamp set from Paper Sweeties to add tags to the front of the "treat holders" I made :)

And while I was at it -- I made some pinwheels using Fancy Pants "Wish Season" and the Stitched Heart stamp from Paper Sweeties :)












And here they are set up on the table for my Mom's birthday dinner :)
 (along with the cake Brookie and I made for her)  :) 






And here's the birthday girl (in the center) along with Brookie and my Dad playing a game after dinner :)




Make sure to check out what the rest of the DT created :)



And here is our mood board for this month :)




I hope everyone has a safe and happy Independence Day!!!!!!!! :)



Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :)

28 comments:

  1. Great goodies... and your mom seemed to be very happy with it.
    Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty! Such lovely party items!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a FUN party! LOVE how clever you are and how FAB the decorations look! You Mom looks so Happy! Super post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, Julie! You are so creative! I love, LOVE the decorations including the pinwheels and party favors! And I want to wish a very happy birthday to your mom, too! HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE these treats! So much fun, Julie!!! Have a happy and safe 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, this whole party project idea is AMAZING! I love all these creative elements - -decorations, treat poppers, windmills. This is just fabulous and I am completely inspired!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these and what a wonderful party for your mother. Have a good 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg... these are awesome! What great party decorations! Love it!! .. note to self... start saving toilet paper rolls?...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fab idea Julie!
    I think I'm going to start saving toilet paper rolls now ;)
    Thank You~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie, these are fabulous! Love that you made firecracker treats, and the pinwheels are adorbs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omgoodness, how sweet! I LOVE your table favors and decor, my friend! What a fabulous way to re-use the tp tubes and such a great way to dress up a table for a special event! Love the patriotic red, white, and blue! SO fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh fun! Fantastic Fourth preparations!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a FUN celebration!!! Love the pinwheels and firecracker treats!!! Your Mom looks so happy....Happy Birthday to her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh ... my ... GOSH, Julie! This project is absolutely darling! I do believe it's my all-time favorite of anything you've ever created for Paper Sweeties! I'm partial to 3-D and patriotic projects and this beautiful set does not disappoint! LOVE!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea! We save empty cardboard tubes too... toilet paper, paper towels, gift wrap... they really come in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks like your mom had a fantastic birthday party!!! Your decorations are fabulous!!! Looks like I gotta save my TP rolls!!! What a great idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks sooo so nice! I bet your Mum loved it - I'm adoring the pin wheels. They look seriously cute:):)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just fabulous...love your wonderful and festive creations! Wishing you a Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy birthday to your Mum! I am sure she had a lovely time! I love your sweet gifts, the pinwheels look wonderful! The colors are so bright and cheerful! Well done on the decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a wonderful clever idea so amazing

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, wow, Julie...your project is SO creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are really such fun treats. Adore the pinwheels.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my! How fun! And yummy!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. YOU are so creative!! Looks like a GREAT time was had by all! Happy Birthday to your Mom too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Eeek! How cute are these?! So fun! Happy birthday, Mom!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)