Wednesday, June 29, 2016

T-shirt quilt :)

Hi everyone :)

Recently my niece asked me to make her a T-shirt quilt with some of her old T-shirts :)

I had made one for Brookie for her 9th birthday -- if you want to see the items I used on hers and the videos I watched to learn how to make these -- see this post here :)


Now for Brookie's, I used smaller shirts, so her squares were only 10 1/2 inches X 10 1/2 inches -- my nieces shirts are bigger -- so her squares are 15 1/2 inches X 15 1/2 inches -- but a few of her shirts were smaller than that size -- so I cut those shirts to a 12 1/2 inch X 12 1/2 inch squares, and then used the backs of some of the larger shirts and cut those in 15 1/2 inch X 15 1/2 inch to create mattes for the smaller squares -- that way they all ended up being the same size :)








Here are one of the "smaller" squares I mentioned above -- I took the back of one of the other shirts, cut that to the 15 1/2 inch X 15 1/2 inch size and then sewed the smaller square to the bigger one, to make one square to match the other ones :)






Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :)

21 comments:

  1. It looks totally awesome! You did a really great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAwesome! I love this one sooooo much! Great job!
    Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  3. So totally cool and such a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a great idea and a wonderful keepsake.. this one looks fabulous..

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an incredible keepsake! This is amazing Julie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what an amazing idea to upcycle those well warn t-shirs. An awesome fun quilt you have made.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Such a good idea 'matting' the smaller shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a great gift and she will cherish it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great gift! I'm planning on one for when Alexa graduates from high school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an AWESOME keepsake! I love this Julie~
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely FANTASTIC! Love every bit of it and such a personal, and special keep sake!! Well done Julie:):)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so, so, so fabulous, Julie! I love the idea of showcasing all those special old t-shirts into something you can treasure forever! Your arrangement looks amazing, and I SO love the layered "mats" you created for the smaller blocks. Awesome job my friend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I showed this to my daughter and wow so amazing!! What a fantastic idea Julie. Too bad I don't quilt--lol! You did a great job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is amazing! What a special treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty! Love this!! You have inspired me to one day make one for our daughter. I too save some of her t-sgirts!! What a awesome way to recycle and rmbr the memories behind those shirts! Still love the one you made for Brookie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very special quilt that she will always treasure! (My m-i-l made one for Katie and she still absolutely loves it!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cool blanket. she will love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have sewing envy! Just AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are so fun! I really need to make one for Ezekiel. Most of the shirts I've saved are baseball themed, though. It might not have enough variety ;).

    I'm so sorry that I've been such a terrible blog friend lately, but I cannot thank you enough for what your continued visits and love have meant to me, Julie. I feel like we'd be fast friends IRL and look forward to, one day, having the opportunity to meet you outside of blogland. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)