Friday, May 13, 2016

Treasures for the Princess :)

Hi everyone :)

Brookie has an obsession with Shopkins  -- she LOVES those LITTLE TINY toys that never seem to have a specific home in her room ... they end up here, there and everywhere ... lol! :) So I decided to alter a box that I had for her to store them in :)


I started with this box :)




And then I had this napkin from a co-worker that she had in her desk left over from her daughter's birthday party :)




And here is what I made with the above items :)






I painted the box pink and then used ModPodge to adhere the napkin to the top ... then I added mixed alphas, flowers, gems and little flatware to the top ... I was inspired by Ariel's song "Part of Your World" where she is down in her cavern with all her "things" she has collected - that's the main reason I used mixed alphas ... it reminded me of her mix of goodies she had :) 









And now Brookie has a place to store all those Shopkins *wink* :)

Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :)

26 comments:

  1. Brookie is so lucky to receive such a beautiful gift. The box looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this looks so sweet, and what a transformation of the box! Love the pretty pink color too.. I hope all those little shopkins stay safely put away now too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a darling project - well done. All us girls need a place for our treasures. I'm sure she'll love having a cute home for her cute collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! You are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUCH a fabulous idea & I really love the colour pink you've used there.....wonderful! Bet she loves it, too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect for little princesses!
    Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just Precious!! She will love this! I do!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's really cool! Neat transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very cool! Love what you created with that simple basket box thingy.. omg...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is amazing! What a brilliant idea! Love how you used the napkin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - I would never have thought you could adhere a napkin to that surface but you did it! I bet Brookie loves this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - I would never have thought you could adhere a napkin to that surface but you did it! I bet Brookie loves this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww, how adorable! Cutest little treasure chest ever!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty!! I love it!!
    Ellie loves shopkins too but now she's getting older she doesn't play with them!
    This Summer we ill ebay them since she has a lot of the bigger items that go with them. So sad she growing up too fast!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are amazing...what a sweet princess box!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have such amazing God-given talent! Brookie will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is darling and so clever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE the fun altered box!!! super cute for Brookie!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think your creation IS the treasure for your Princess!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awwww...this is soooooo sweet! Perfect for Brookie!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So sweet! I bet Brookie loves it to bits! You are truly the queen of upcycling, girl! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)