Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Enjoy every moment - musical legends blog hop :)

Hi everyone :)

Jennifer Priest came up with a genius idea on Facebook - to have a blog hop in honor of those musicians we have tragically lost this year so far -- out of the artists that have passed away - I chose to honor Prince, Glenn Frey and David Bowie :) 





I made a canvas in honor of them

Several things on here to honor the artists I chose -- 

Feathers -- for the Eagles (Glenn Frey)
Little Houses -- for Hotel California, one of my all time fave Eagles songs
Little Bird -- for When Doves Cry (Prince)
Lipstick Stamp -- for Kiss (Prince)
Little Crown -- for Prince
Bling and Pearls -- for Diamonds and Pearls (Prince) 
Film Strip -- for the movies and TV shows that feature all three artists I chose
Purple Mesh -- for Purple Rain (Prince)
Vintage Music Sheets -- for all three artists I chose
Images of Old TV's -- as I grew up watching these artists on TV (some as old as the ones featured on my canvas! LOL!)
Admit One Ticket -- for the hundreds of concerts the artists I chose performed
An Old 45 Record -- for all the albums that the artists I chose made
Little Drummer Boy -- for the song Little Drummer Boy (David Bowie and Bing Crosby performed)
Hand with the Number Three on it -- to represent the three artists I chose













Make sure to check out what everyone else created for their tributes :)





Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :)



19 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea & a fabulous MM project. I love how your elements all have 'meaning'..... great ideas in there Julie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea and all the little elements you put on there. I've been wanting to do a similar things in photos, but honestly I have been taking a little break from a lot lately. I think it was much needed too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a touching canvas, so much thought for each element hand picked and placed beautifully. A heartfelt tribute to your fav stars.. What a year it has been...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome!!! I love the mixture of elements and the meaning behind each one. This is a cool tribute piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your canvas and the meaning behind all the elements. The texture is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful way to pay tribute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's such a creative way to do a tribute! I love that each element has meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing idea...and what a fabulous tribute too. Just love all that you did.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous!! LOVE the meaning behind what you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome tribute and beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omgosh, what a fun idea you guys had! This is SO cool, Julie! Totally beautiful and filled with so many fun details... and the symbolism!! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow~you have lots of favorites. Looks great Julie:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, how fun and such a creative idea for a tribute! You did a spectacular job on this! All the elements, dimension and fabulous embellishments are just amazing! Beautifully done Julie!
    I hope you are having a great day~It has been busy in my neck of the woods but hoping it will slow down real soon~I just booked the Sept trip to Az/Mexico! I can't wait even tho it's not til Sept, hehe!
    Hope we can all get together again!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how meaningful your tribute is. Great canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a fun idea and beautiful canvas, girl! Great textures, and I adore all the fun, little details!

    ReplyDelete
  16. omg Julie... this is awesome! Love this collage homage! (see what I did there)... but seriously... full of goodness...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looooove the music you chose Julie and fantastic piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  18. super cool and love your canvas!! you always rock the feathers!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)