Friday, February 26, 2016

Travel -- featuring Fancy Pants :)

Hi everyone :)

I haven't altered anything in FOREVER! Between Brian being out of the country, the holidays and just plain old busy ... I just haven't had the time :)

So a couple of days ago, I set aside some time to alter a"Whitman's" (HUGE!) candy box that one of my co-workers brought into work after Christmas to share with everyone, and she let me have the box after it was empty ... and I didn't even eat any of the chocolates! LOL! :)

Here are some the photos of the box BEFORE I altered it -- seriously, this is the biggest box of chocolates I have ever seen! ... You can see how big it is next to my water bottle sitting on my desk :)




The size!!! 




The inside :)




The papers I bought at my LSS to decorate it with :)





And here is the final product :)




When we travel -- the family and I keep all the little mementos from our trip -- parking passes, maps, ticket stubs, bags from stores etc -- and sadly, they don't always make it onto my scrapbook pages or mini albums I make about our trips and I have them scattered all over the place in my craft room, so I decided since this box is so big, I would put all these little things from our trips in this box :)





Fancy Pants collection "Office Suite" comes with these little 'state' diecuts -- and I added to the top of the box to represent all the states Brian and I have visited over the years, either together or separate :)







And here is some of the travel paraphernalia that I have added inside the box :)









Even covered the bottom of the box :)






Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :)

21 comments:

  1. It looks amazing! Such a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is indeed a beauty...every time you look at it you travel the world!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an excellent idea to use that amazing big box, love the papers you have used, it looks wonderful and I am sure it will hold many memories in it for you to go back and re-visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, your box is adorable, Julie! I love the map paper you used, and love the little license plate details. And those states cut outs are brilliant. Love how you highlighted the states you two have visited in that way. Great transformation, my friend! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable Box!!!! Love the paper!
    Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty!! Love the way you altered it and love the papers you used!!
    What a fun idea with adding the states to the top that you have visited!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic idea! Looks fabulous with that map paper.....Looooove:):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous project Julie! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea Julie, perfect to keep all the travel keepsakes together. Can't believe you could resist the yummy chocolates though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super idea - I love how the box turned out!!! Adding the states you've visited makes this really personal and extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That thing is insanely huge! I wonder how much the candy cost... not cheap! Great transformation. I really like the idea of creating a personalized travel keepsake box.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another fabulous upcycle!! I Just LOVE when you do these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely brilliant, Julie! Love those papers to bits and pieces, and those die cut bits are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is one HUGE box. It looks fabulous now.:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a GREAT up cycle! Love this box! You must be like me when you get a gift...more interested in the packaging...lol! Absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great idea!! Love how this came out!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)