Sunday, February 28, 2016

The journey :)

Hi all :)

Yesterday we went to Sedona, Arizona for a quick road trip and picnic at one of our favorite places -- Crescent Moon Ranch :)

When we got back I edited some photos and it hit me ... wow ... I have lost 43 pounds so far and it is FINALLY showing when I see myself!  As we all do (well, I believe we all do! LOL!) ... we see the worst in our bodies, even though when we are losing weight - we still see all the flaws :) 

So I wanted to share a little before and "So Far" after collage I made that I shared on Instagram and Facebook yesterday :)



Oh ... and Brookie is obviously TALLER now too! LOL! :)

I am FAR from done, I still have over 30 pounds to lose ... but after seeing the photo on the right yesterday, I was like WOW(!) ... that's me!! :)  I haven't seen that body in a longgggggggggg time!!  :)

A lot of people have asked me how I am doing it ... and I am not giving into any gimmicks ... this is all WALKING and watching my calories!! That's it!  I knew that if I fell for a 'gimmick' diet, that as soon as I lost my weight, I'd go back to old habits and just gain it all back :)

I didn't change WHAT I eat ... rather I limit my calories to 1200 a day .... could I lose MORE faster if I gave up my fave pizza and pastas?  Absolutely!!!! But I know ME ... and if I gave all that up, lost the weight and went BACK to my faves of pizza and pasta ... it would have ALL been for nothing! :)  So, I still eat what I LIKE ... but just LESS of it :)

Every dietitian would probably have a field day with me on that ... lol ... but I know my body and I know the ups and downs it has had over the years through having kids and going through my previous divorce ... so this time I chose what would work for me and my long term results :)

I use the "Fitness Pal" app on my phone to log my calories ... what works for me is to plan my entire day of eating at the beginning of the day -- I have my breakfast ... then add my lunch and pull out what's going to be for dinner and log it all in the morning -- so that way I KNOW that I don't have any wiggle room during the day, and I won't give in to temptation at work by saying, "Oh, I can have one piece of candy, it's no big deal" ... yes it is a big deal ... I have my 1200 calories logged for the day in my app .. and that's it ... no wiggle room, so no treats! :) 

I also have a FitBit  :)  My goal is 10,000 steps a day ... but on Sunday's I allow that to be my "lazy" day ... I am lucky if I get 7,000 steps on Sunday's! LOL! :)

And since you all probably want to see MORE than just a before and 'so far' after photo of me ... lol ... I wanted to share some photos of our day yesterday :)
























 Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :)

29 comments:

  1. Congrats, you look great after loosing so much weight!
    Gabi

    PS: Thanks for all those wonderful photos...

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome, congrats!!!! FAB pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great and I cannot believe how tall Brookie is!! I love all the pics. Looks like a fun day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous photos! And you look amazing! Well done on the weight loss :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go gal! That is pretty much like my no sugar diet, I didn't want to cut down totally because if I need to crave for sweet stuff, it would be hard to bare, so doing 7 days a month is easy peasy because I know I am still able to eat what I want, what I love the other 3/4 of the month, but in a long run, I actually cut down 1/4 of the year of the bad white stuff!
    That church was on my list if we were to visit Sedona as planned with my sister when she was here in December.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yippee Julie! You look amazing! It really is a life style change and is all about balance! I think we are going up to Flagg for the break, going to hike Humphreys Peak, I'm looking forward to the cooler weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go Julie! I love your photos! Now I want to go!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's awesome, Julie! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What gorgeous photos Julie...Love to read your stories and woo ooo your weight loss is impressive and inspiring!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so great, you look fantastic! Beautiful trip photos too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. You go girl! I'm so proud of your loss, and you're doing it in such a smart way! Thanks for sharing with us. Your pics are so pretty...Sedona looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done on your weight loss journey.. actually it has to be a lifestyle as I believe diets dont really work.. you know what you can do and it is working.. good on you.. life is too short to starve yourself of everything you love in my opinion.. great photos too of the wonderful countryside..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good for you Julie!! Getting healthy is always a challenge but so important. I am on the same journey and like you, it is slow-going because I also refuse to give in to gimmicks. Just doing my best day to day to exercise and eat right. Oh....and it looks like it was a beautiful day together! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your weight loss! Looks like you guys had a fun time in Sedona. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. My gosh, it is so beautiful there! What a wonderful day you all had! I notice that Brookie and Brian are almost always holding hands in the photos, and I find that more sweet than I can express in words. You guys are so adorable! And huge, huge congratulations to you on your weight loss! You look fantastic! And I think you are going about it the right way.....exercise and moderation. Might take a bit longer, but I think you'll have a much higher rate of success that will last a lifetime. Way to GO, Girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your weight loss! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats! And I know what you mean!
    I have lost over 27 pounds and although I "feel" more comfortable in my skin I swear I feel more "insecure" about my body... isn't that crazy?!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are always an inspiration. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations, love! You look beautiful... before and after! So glad you're feeling so great! And it looks like you all had a beautiful, sunny day! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Woooohoooo! Congrats on making it this far! You look great! I'm glad you found a system that works for you.:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look fantastic! So happy for you and glad to see you taking such great care of yourself! Still smoke-free too, I hope? You're an inspiration for me to lose my own 30 lbs. that have crept up on me.

    ReplyDelete
  22. CONGRATS Julie!
    What a success and you look fantastic!
    Thanks for sharing these sweet photos of my paradise on earth!
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love fitness pal!! And I just commented on how good you look in your banner picture (in the previous post). WOW!! Good for you!!!!! And I can't believe how tall Brookie got!!!!! <3 Beautiful pictures too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. GORGEOUS!!! Love that you are still losing weight - you are inspirational, not least to your own family.....well done!! LOVE those photos. You guys looks so happy:)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are looking great Julie! You are inspiring me to get out there and walk more!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love Sedona! It's one of my favorite places to visit! Looks like an awesome day! And congrats to you and doing it your way!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations Julie! I am so happy for you..you look AMAZING!! I love all the fun pictures~I love going there! I can't wait to come visit again in September! Hopefully we can meet up again!
    Hugs,
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good for You! It's work-but definitely worth it. You look great and I hope you feel great. :) Beautiful pictures of your adventure! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)