Monday, December 14, 2015

Cup of coffee on us! -- featuring Simple Stories and My Favorite Things :)

Hi everyone :)

All year I have asked my co-workers to save me their Starbucks coffee sleeves so I could use them as gift card holders this Christmas season -- and it paid off! :)

I started with the coffee cup die from My Favorite Things ... and used Simple Stories Cozy Christmas papers to make the cups (actually, Brookie helped me by making the cups and lids with my Spellbinders!!) :) 

Then I sewed the bottom of the Starbucks coffee sleeves so the gift cards wouldn't fall out *wink* :) ... and then used October Afternoon's Under The Tree papers for the card background :)  


Ohhhhh and that little boot with my name on it?  That was given to me from my Kindergarten teacher many many many many moons ago *wink* :)


Ohhhhh and I hope that my friends that receive these don't critique them too closely .... I had MAJOR glue issues with this project :( 
















Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :)

20 comments:

  1. You're a genius, girl! What a great idea! These are so fun and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are so pretty! Such a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look amazing! I really love it - lucky recipients. Bet they don't notice a thing to do with glue, they'll be too busy oooh-ing and aaaah-ing over them!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, at least in my case! I didn't notice anything to do with glue. I'm STILL oooh-ing and aaaah-ing!

      Delete
  4. These are so cute! Love that you used the Starbucks sleeves for the holder! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute design! I love the coffee cups!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are just the sweetest cards, my friend! Love the recycled coffee sleeves used as a gift card holder. I think that is just genius! Adorable pieced cups, too! And I love that these were a joint effort from you and Brookie, both! Great job, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great idea for gift giving! You're the queen of repurposing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so ironic this is your blog post today! I totally suck as a friend cause I got one and loved it and totally spaced thanking you for it. thought it was super adorable! and belated thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely adore these! So darn cute! You are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see mine! This is a fantastic idea and was such a fun surprise when it arrived! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love these Julie!
    such cool presentation and gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE these!!!!!!! LOVE the coffee cup cutouts and how you used the Starbucks sleeves. Pinning!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. your friends will love these~so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is such a clever idea and LOVE the added stitching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my! Clever idea! These turned out great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)