Saturday, November 14, 2015

Update :)

Hi everyone :)

With Brian still out of the country for work --  he hasn't been able to see everything that Brookie and I have been doing since he left -- I thought I'd share some pics today :)


In mid-October Brookie had diving practice with her swim team -- they had teenagers from the older teams work with the younger kids :)


Brookie is in the middle in the yellow/pink bathing suit :)















This one you can't see Brookie (only her splash in the pool! LOL!) ... but I wanted to share the pic of her coach in the white T-shirt -- Brookie is VERY nervous diving and isn't confident doing it ... and she NAILED this last dive and her coach's reaction says it all! :)







And the weekend after diving practice, we went to the pumpkin patch :)






































And the day after the pumpkin patch -- we had a HORRIBLE hail storm here ... it was so bad, it sounded like a war zone in the back half of our house ... I literally thought our living room window was going to break :( I had Brookie in the hallway just in case any glass broke ... it was that loud! YIKES!  Luckily, we didn't have any damage ... 

You can see how large the hail was ... to the left of the hail is my outside patio chair's leg ... crazy!

If you know anything about Phoenix, AZ ... it is a DESERT ... so no snow ... and our winter temps are in the 50's and 60's ... so to have hail like this in October ... it was surprising! :(









Since Adam and Brian have always been the one to help Brookie with her pumpkin carving, and this year neither of them are here ... my Dad came over to help her! :)





And the final result :)







And now for Halloween -- Brookie was the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland .. and Mr. Dandy was a "Rufferee!" :)









Playing around at my in-laws house :)









And her candy haul!!! The bucket I put her candy in is HUGE! Like this is the bucket we used for bottles of water and bottles of Gatorade at Adam's graduation party ... so it's pretty big! LOL! :)

She got A LOT of candy .. of course her teacher sent an email to all the parents the weekend of Halloween ...asking for candy donations for the classroom (to give as prizes to the kids in class) ... so we have donated more than half of this haul to her classroom :)






And yesterday we went to a picnic that my work hosted :)





You can see her hat on this ride ... she rode it 3 times! LOL! :)






We had a little visitor at lunch :)






They had Queen Elsa from "Frozen" there doing face paintings! Since Brookie can't have her face painted due to her Port Wine Stains ... she had her arm painted --- and Elsa painted an "Elsa" on her arm :)








And if you made it this far ... thank you!!! :)  I know Brian appreciates it too! :)


Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :)

28 comments:

  1. Wow! You guys have had a busy time. I bet Brian LOVES looking at all these photos:) Loved the pumpkin carving & Brooke's Halloween garb....& the haul!!! Fabulous time at the Pumpkin Patch by the looks of it, too:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep made it to the end, the smile says it all.. Brooke your smile lights up each photo.. what fun times.. the hail storm looked nasty, love all the animals too.. great pumpkin!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the fab dive! I love the coach's reaction :) I am sure your hubby will love to see all of these pics. Brookie has had so much fun…except for that odd hail storm…wow! I know you both are really missing Brian, and I'm sure he is really missing his two lovely ladies. I hope he is home soon. It seems like he's been away for a long time already. I wish him safe travels home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like Brookie has been having an amazing time as of late! These are wonderful photos! I imagine it's hard for your family, but you are doing a great job mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great pictures. Go Brookie with diving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOved it!! I WANT TO GO TO THE PUMPKIN PATCH TOO! How fabulous is that! Great diving skills happening there too! Oh Mr Dandy!! and Brookie in her Halloween costume! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwww...I love all the pics!
    Love her french fry tee! I need that:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun post, I bet Brian enjoyed it as much as we do, thanks for sharing Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome post! Looks like you guys are having a blast! Love seeing all the pics! TFS!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome photos! Brookie & Mr. Dandy are soooo adorable in their Halloween costumes! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! Looked like you guys had lots of fun except for the hail part. I love how the pumpkins turned out! And Brookie looks fabulous in the photos as always.:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. lots of fun pics and looks like you guys have been up to a TON of fun!!! glad you guys have been keeping busy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! You and Brookie have been so busy! You're a great photographer Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you're having fun and keeping busy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww, I love this post! Seeing those happy smiles on Brookie's face really puts a smile on my face! So I can imagine the joy it brings to Brian while he is away!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks like you are having a ton of fun! I love the pumpkin and Halloween costume pics. :) How cool to be swimming and have hail in the same month!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Busy and fun week-end!
    Thanks for sharing Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like you have been up to lot of fun things!! Go Brookie with the diving and I LOVE LOVE her costume adorable!! She looks a lot like you in one of the pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was thinking at the beginning swimming outside and we are getting ready for winter. What fun. Then I say the hail. That is crazy! Love all of the pictures. Your really do know how to capture the fun and you have a great model!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great Job on the diving!! I love all the photos, especially the ones of your dad helping her carve the pumpkin. Later on she will really treasure having those!

    ReplyDelete
  21. your girl is growing up to fast :) Nice photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow you've done some fun things together!! Love seeing her so happy!! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So much to love here, Julie! Looks like the girls are having a blast! Great pics of Brookie all around! TFS! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fab photos! Love those Halloween costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow....so many incredible photos! You guys know how to do Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What great pics! Brian must be thrilled now more than ever that you are such a great documenter of your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! So much fun! I love that "tatoo" that Elsa drew. That was cool! And she got to see Elsa! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)