Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Love -- featuring my old T-shirt :)

Hi everyone :)

I have a secret -- I am making a T-shirt quilt or Brookie's birthday (shhhhh... don't tell her!! *wink*) ... and before I started that large of a project (I have NEVER made a quilt before, and my sewing skills are only medicore!) .... I decided to take one of my old T-shirts and make a pillow with it :) 

I have made T-shirt pillows before for Brookie ... but those were totally free-hand and no treatments to the T-shirt knit fabric ... so this time I followed the guidance of several YouTube tutorials about making T-shirt quilts and some books I have purchased on the topic :)

So here is my pillow I made with my old T-shirt and for the back, I used a pre-cut quilt block :)







My bottom stitching (after I put the pillow stuffing in) isn't the best ... but I think for working with interface fusions, ironing with a press cloth and following tips, I did pretty good :)


Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :)

26 comments:

  1. You sure did girl! It looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh...it looks good Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is SO gorgeous! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a gorgeous cushion. Must have been a pretty T-shirt too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did really good! that must have been a lovely t shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE it! It looks sensational....& as far as I'm concerned. All Power to You even having a go at this sort of thing. I am SUPER impressed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it looks great. Loving the classic black and white. My sewing machine has barely ever touched fabric. It's always paper, paper, paper. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool is this...love it!
    Guess what I did this morning...yup, backed up my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! A quilt is such a huge project but you will make it look easy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! A quilt is such a huge project but you will make it look easy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous pillow!! Love the birds and the love title!!
    This looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks fantastic Julie....Love the idea and Love the pillow. Thanks for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea Julie, this is fantastic, you are so talented! Wish I had the patients or talent to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cool is this?! I love the birds~looks amazing! good luck with the t-shirt quilt:) I am sure it will be fantastic! You are so creative!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  15. L O V E it!! My you are very crafty!! - Can't wait to see photos of the surprise quilt!! How cool will that be!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty and professional looking...you'll totally rock that quilt, I just know it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think you did a fantastic job! I can't wait to see the completed quilt too. It's going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMGosh, I think it looks uhmazing!! How adorable! You did a great job, my friend! Can't wait to see your finished quilt, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great idea, Julie! You pillow is amazing. and I know that Brookie will love her quilt. My mother-in-law made a t-shirt quilt for my daughter, Katie, and it is awesome and fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous! You are rockin' the home decor!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Seriously!?!?! That is AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You did better than "pretty good"! This is AWESOME! Fabulous, love!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)