Tuesday, June 23, 2015

#ShareACoke :)

Hi everyone :)

I wanted to share a project I made :)

I have had this project milling in my brain for about a year now *wink* 

Last summer Coca-Cola came up with the ingenious campaign of #ShareACoke -- names on their bottles -- with me being OCD -- you know I had to find one for each of us in the family :) 

Believe it or not -- JULIE was the hardest one for me to find!!!

Well ... I finally got them all last summer  :)


^^ Now read above -- I have had these bottles for a year now :) 

Here are the bottles and some brown paint :)





My first plan was to keep the liquid (soda) in the bottles - fast forward to this year, when I FINALLY got around to making my project .... and I am glad that I actually waited until this year to make it ... because each soda had a film on the top of the liquid and the color had faded on each one --- like I told someone on Facebook when I posted my project there --- I am glad that we "dispose" of liquids in the bathroom -- because after what these sodas looked like in their bottles after a year, I would be afraid to see what they'd look like in our bodies after a year! LOL!! :) 


So I took the paint ^^^^ pictured above and emptied the sodas, cleaned the bottles out and then added paint inside each bottle and shook it up to coat the inside of the bottle :) 


Along with the bottles, I had found this wood "crate" type box at an antique store -- it had an actual car part in (a piston) and a gold-spray painted plastic toy camera screwed into the wood -- it was art to them --- but the perfect home for my #ShareACoke bottles for me :) 



I also ordered this vintage Coke metal sign online to add to this project :)






I took out the old piston and the plastic camera, then added the metal Coke sign to the back of the crate box :)

And here is the finished project -- a shadow box for my #ShareACoke bottles :)











I think it turned out pretty awesome :)


Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :)

38 comments:

  1. That is awesome!! I love how you have all of your names and the Coca-cola sign. Super fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun project! Love how you are always thinking ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an awesome project, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a cool project Julie!
    I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too fun I love your personalized bottles

    ReplyDelete
  6. This decoration is so much fun!
    Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you finally found your name! This project looks awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a wonderful way to display your bottles! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wondered why you added paint inside the bottles when I saw these before. Now it makes sense.
    Fab project Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! I think it is pure genius, Julie! Such a wonderful way to display the bottles with all of your names on them! It looks so vintage and cool, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this project! I *heart* coke :) I doubt that I will ever see June or Kathryn…I haven't even seen Julia or Doug!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks fabulous...so retro & I'm glad we 'dispose' of stuff, too.....I thought Coke would last forever....just goes to show, eh??!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So fun! Love the up cycled box!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cool project, Julie! We don't drink soda, but we do love looking for our names. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH, how cool! It did turn out awesome, my friend! Love the vintage vibe to this with the antique wooden box and retro signage!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an awesome idea! Soooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is SUCH a cool project!!! I LOVE it!!! I still haven't found my name!!! ACK!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I remember when you were looking for these (we have still to find a Sophie) this is so neat. Love the box and the way you painted the bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  19. OH MY!! My husband and his 2 Brothers have worked for Coca Cola for 25+years - My oldest son now works for them as well as my nephew. This is such an A W E S O M E Project/craft! I LOVE IT!! Great IDEA!! Thanks for "Sharing!"

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your creative home projects. You always think outside the square! And I like your new profile pic too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow that is great to find all your names... and love how you decorated the box too... what a fabulous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow Julie what an amazing project on hour of you and your family. You took so much are and put so much attention to detail in it. An awesome project, which you should share with Coca Cola themselves!!! It would be a great display item in a bar or on a patio.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  23. such a cool idea, julie! i LOVE this!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. such a cool idea, julie! i LOVE this!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fun idea Julie, love how it turned out.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this!! Very fun and clever way to add those coke bottles with your names on them!!
    What a fun and amazing home decor project!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Eeek! This is just TOO FUN! Bet you couldn't find my name ;).

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is just brilliant! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. LOVE THIS! I never found our names, faraway friends sent me photos of ours.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a cool project!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sooo super creative! Love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is such a fun and clever project!!! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  33. You always create the neatest projects!! So crafty and clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Well, just how fun is that! Very crafty, cool and "refreshing"!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)