Sunday, November 9, 2014

J B B A -- for LESSology :)

Hi everyone! :) 


If you are here for the Gift Of Giving Blog Hop -- Please see this POST :) 


Our latest challenge is live over at LESSology and this time we want to see a monogram on your page/project, along with at least one upcycled item on your project! :)

I started with the AWESOME pine cones that a co-worker gave me (her boyfriend was going to throw them away!!) YIKES!!! Thank goodness my co-worker thought to ask me first if I wanted them ... ummmmm hello?!?!? YES!!!! :) 

They are HUGE .... I put a 12 inch (1 foot) ruler next to it so you could see how big they are!





Then I had this big raw wood frame that I got on clearance at Michael's ($1.99!!!!)  -- I painted this a brown :)



Throw in some small silk leaves that I got at the Dollar Store ... 



Some large metal monograms that I got on clearance at Michael's (I spray painted them a brick color)  ... and what's even better, I don't know if you can tell from this picture, but there are brackets on these to hang them up ... well... I needed an "A" (for my son Adam), and Michael's only had a "G" ... so I turned it backwards, and POOF! an "A"!! :)  and same goes for the 2 "B's" here (for Brookie and Brian) ... one is really a "D" and the other is a "P" ... flip them over and instant "B's!!!" :) 




And here is the finished project!!! A Fall wall hanging for my home :) 









And here are the monograms!!! :)


 

 Since I had the holes from the brackets on the letters, I used leaves and fake acorns to cover those spots up :)














And since this is a pretty tall wall hanging, I had to have an assistant to hold up my white board for my photos ... so let's give a round of applause to my own personal Vanna White (aka .... my daughter Brookie!!!) 





Our sponsor this month is My Minds Eye!!!! 
The prize is 6x6 paper pad, tags and bows from the "Sleigh Bells Ring" collection :) 


Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :)

38 comments:

  1. Wow those are the biggest pine cones, such a fun project Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous wall hanging! Those are the largest pine cones I've ever seen. Love how you've tucked the leaves and bows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a clever project Julie!

    P/s: Lots of love left for you on the LESSology blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pine cones are humongous! Wow! I think your project is stunning. I'm sure it looks lovely on your wall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous project perfect for fall! Super innovative with changing the letters around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is such a cool fall wall hanging!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, this turned out so beautiful! Amazing work on this wonderful fall project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea!!! Wow what giant pine comes!!! Beautiful piece!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! I would never have thought to use pine cones in a project! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. NICE! Love those pinecones...awesome altered project and YAY for brookie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a creative idea, Julie! I LOVE how you've framed those pine cones! And seriously clever work getting those monogram alphas to work for you. It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HOLY COW! That pine cone is huge. I have about 10 pine trees in my yard and they all produce the mini pine cones.

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks great~I would have had my hand out for the pine cones too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are some major-sized pine cones and such a perfect piece of home decor!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this pinecone project. now to go to your Frosted Design Blog hop. Sending a little bloggy love.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome saucesome - what a fab project & the way you've layered in the leaves looks great! Now that's a nice prize to win...had to schedule all my stuff this month, so didn't add what the prize was - must mention it later on - almost wish I wasn't on the team so I could win it!!!! SO happy to be home finally...missed bloggy land!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow, such a wonderful project, I wasn't sure what the end result would be with the combo of the frame, letters and pine cones and then it was like WOW!!! really nice Julie, I bet it looks great in your house :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is just fabulous and so creative Julie! And those pine cones are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Scrapfabulous!!! I love your projects, so creative! I can't believe someone would get rid of those pinecones! Glad you rescued them and made such a lovely project with them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Julie you are so creative. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this Fall decor!!! Man, you are unbelievably creative!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! What an awesome wall hanger!! and so super creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! This is awesome! I love the pine cones and vibrant orange leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE your brilliant wall hanging!! Hooray for Miss Brookie ~ great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW awesome home décor project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Okay this is just fabulous and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW! Amazing what you did with these pinecones! No surprise thought...you are always thinking outside the box! Love your project!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  28. This turned out GREAT. I loved the leaves tucked in the cones. Boy, those are some big pine cones! Great way to upcycle. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Whoa... now those are some big pine cones! Very cute project & love the added initials! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fabulous! And wow - those are gigantic!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is soooo cute! I think I bought that same frame on clearance! And those are the biggest pinecones ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love this! What a great fall project!

    ReplyDelete
  33. So perfectly festive, girl! Great job, Brookie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)