Monday, July 28, 2014

The Story of a Boy -- featuring Authentique :)

Hi everyone!



*** today is my very first post on Frosted Designs blog and I wanted to share my project here too -- below is what I have written/shared on the Frosted Designs blog *** 


Julie with you here today with my very first 'official' post for Frosted Designs! I am super excited to be here and figured with my first post, I would share some things about me! :)

1) I have been scrapbooking since before dinosaurs roamed the Earth!  Well, not really, but it has been almost 18 years since I started, when my son Adam was born.  When I started, I was a single mom to my son, so I didn't have a great quality camera, so a lot of his younger year photos are dark, small, a lot of background with not a lot of Adam (no zoom) and overall not the best!

2) I love to buy paper collection packs!  Why? Because you get all the paper in a collection for a great price, and don't have to worry about 'missing' any of the papers in the collection.

3) I love to make mini albums! This also leads into #2! Having paper collection packs make making a mini album easier! You have enough papers to create an entire album and have extra papers to add dimension to your pages in your mini album! 

4) I love to UPCYCLE! That is one of my big things! I will upcycle/recycle anything into my art! For this mini album I am sharing today (and others I have made), I am using cardboard sleeves that I collected from a ton of my co-workers when my company gave us a paper pad portfolio, that was covered in the cardboard sleeve.  I cut them down to size for my mini albums and they are the perfect upcycle item! 

And now for my mini-album!  As I mentioned above, I have a lot of photos from my son Adam growing up -- they aren't the best photos, since I didn't have a great camera when he was growing up, but that doesn't mean that they don't deserve to be scrapped! :) 

I used Authentique's Suave collection for my mini album!






























































Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :)




39 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous look at your boy when he was young....loved that sleepy page, too:):) And BIG CONGRATS on the new DT!!! ANNND those papers look super in your mini:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think your photos are bad - I think they are darling! What a cute mini!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 18 years scrapbooking!! Wow. Here's to many many years more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so awesome...love it and what a fabulous keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your album Julie!! The papers and diecut quotes match so perfectly with the photo's.
    Congrats on the new DT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great book and I bet Adam loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing album Julie!! I'm sure Adam will treasure this!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a wonderful look back and such a treasure for Adam to have!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a priceless treasure! Beautiful memories and reflection! Love the colors so perfect for Adam!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photos aren't bad at all. I loved looking through them. You've really done a gorgeous job throughout this mini. It's absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julie - this is so adorably sweet!
    And you have so many great photos in there actually that I am sure are treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ohh I love upcycle as well! and awesome collages here, so cute!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this! Such an amazing album - it's a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is awesome~I see a little of Brookie there. I think it looks fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what fabulous keepsake that is!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great mini and an amazing way to document so many memories!

    ReplyDelete
  17. so so sweet and what a wonderful set of memories you have recorded here

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awwwww this is great, Julie!! My favorite is "Things to show future girlfriends". ROTF

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMGosh, this is fabulous! Such a sweet and amazing collections of young Adam, and such an awesome mini album, Julie! You KNOW I love this paper line...what a PERFECT choice, and you used it brilliantly! Totally love the page for his "future girlfriends"! I actually snickered over the stickers on the bathtub shots! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. So many cute and adorable photos and they for sure deserved to be "scrapbbooked" in to an album. You have done an amazing job putting it all together. Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on your DT spot Beautiful album -- and I am very glad you are back, although I enjoyed going to Vegas and Disneland with vicariously through facebook. Have a Blessed day, DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com




    ReplyDelete
  22. what a fun mini to watch him grow up over time!!! that is sooo exciting!!! and I LOVE buying the collection packs too!!!! you rocked it again!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great job, Julie! Bet he loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on the DT! That is so exciting! And I love the mini album! So fun! Love the papers that you used. What a cutie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMGosh! I got all teary eyed looking at your pages and those FABULOUS memories! What a GREAT keepsake this is! FAB post, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Super huge congrats on the new DT!!! I love the colors of this mini-album and my favorite page is the one to show future girlfriends. It made me LOL. He's gonna get you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love that you are a hardcore scrapper...and you never miss a moment in your kids' lives! This is one fabulous mini!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh what a fabulous record Julie - and how much work went into this??? there are soooo many photos!

    ReplyDelete
  29. what a fantastic book Julie!
    I wish I had the courage of doing the same for our son ;)
    You are such an inspiration and a beautiful person!
    (you totally look like you are his sister and not his Mommy BTW ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. What an absolutely adorable mini album. Such fun memories. Saw this yesterday but wanted to take my time and look through it!! Great pictures of you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. really, really love this! great colors, packed with pics and i saw you used part of the cut off strip :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a treasure! He will love this, no doubt, and so will his kids when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a stunning album...and great to see Adam through the years.xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is such a fun album! I really enjoyed looking through it - don't think your pictures are bad at all.
    Loved the Buzz costume!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Julie...this is one of the most wonderful things yet you have created! This is EXACTLY why we scrapbook. :o) This is so wonderful it brought tears to my eyes. Just like music, or a great movie, this is a one of a kind wonderful creation. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh Julie this is just sooooooooooooo sweet! LOVE everything about this! Fabulous pics....love seeing the aging going on and so beautifully done! What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  37. So sweet Julie - what an incredible album!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is an amazing album! So darn fun! And those photos are too cute! He & Brookie really look alike in his earlier years! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)