Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Sew Happy -- featuring Bella Blvd. :)

Hi everyone! :) 

I wanted to share our latest challenge at LESSology!!!! Sew lovely!!!


The challenge goes like this ..... Incorporate elements that have to do with sewing...thread, scissors, needles, cloth...etc

 
I was recently at an antique store and found this Wine collection box?? -- Wine box for a collection??  ***Edited to add --- thanks for letting me know that it's a WHISKEY BOX Cindy! Appreciate it!! :) ******* 
(hmmmm ... not sure how to say that -- I don't drink, so I am not sure what this box would be officially called! LOL!) ... anyhoo -- it's a wooden box, with a glass top -- and I picked it up for $10.00 :)


At first I thought, what am I going to do with this??? And then it hit me!!! I have been struggling lately with my spools of sewing threads -- because I have another BAD habit at the antique stores I frequent ... when I see a bag full of sewing spool threads ... I BUY THEM!!! Because let's face it ... thread is NOT cheap at the big box stores ...so when I see a bag full of spools at the antique store for $3.00 I grab them!! :) 

So here is what I had  ---

a small Rubbermaid box filled to the brim with my threads :)



And here is the wine box I bought from the antique store :) 





I was going to paint it PINK (yes, I am OBSESSED with PINK! LOL!!!) .... but the wood was in such good shape, I decided not to touch the finish :) 



And here is what I made with it using Bella Blvd.'s Family Forever collection and some Maya Road chipboard pieces :) 








And here is the inside of the box ... the new HOME for all my sewing goodies :) 





Can't wait to see what you create for this challenge!! :)


Our prize for this challenge is -- Heidi Swapp's  Mixed Company paper collection :)
36 01086 
And I also WANTED to WISH my DADDY a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!! Love you DADDY!!!!! :) 
Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :)

50 comments:

  1. Awesome! Great idea- turned out so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sweet box! So clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is such a cool box LOVE it and how you altered it!! perfect for the storage!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fantastic and what a score on those spools!It will never happen here...lol

    Happy birthday to your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really LOOOVE what you've done to this box...it looks fabulous & it is just PERFECT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful transformation!! Love your sewing box !! Amazing up cycled project Julie!! Love it!! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome transformation! This would make me want to sew all the time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to google to be sure, but that's a whiskey box, not a wine box. I can only imagine how much it cost the original owner. But $10 is a great deal! And it looks MUCH better as a sewing box. I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you always reuse things and make them into something else. Great sewing box.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an awesome find for storage and the way you jazzed it up is adorable. Love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a super up cycling job, Julie. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's sooo cool Julie!! I LOOOVE the adorable little sewing chipboard pieces! What a fab find!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a gorgeous box - and now it's even prettier!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a seriously awesome project!even the photo of all the spools inside looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so inspirational and just plain awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're so clever AND creative! Love the cover!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is just AWESOME Julie! As always ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fantastic transformation! I love these happy BB papers, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That box makes for awesome storage. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is amazing .... I love, love and love how you have changed this wooden whisky box into this delighful work of art to keep your spols in one place :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a cute use of the Bella, Julie! Great altered project!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adorable! And what a great storage piece!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. sensational and so innovative ... love x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a beautiful project Julie! I love that little mason jar too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful place for all of your sewing stuff! I love the finish on it! All of my sewing stuff is in a really ugly plastic organizer. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice job!! What an awesome find and what a fabulous transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, how cool is this! I love what you did with this amazing find! Super cute idea and perfect for organizing your spools of thread!
    Have a great day!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  28. As alway, you are thinking outside the box .. well maybe inside the box this time! LOL So clever and cute. I have tons of thread from back when I sewed but I'd never get rid of it, yikes! Might even have to hit the antique stores for some! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is so cute Julie! What a beautiful box!! You did a fab job on it & I love how it turned out & everything fits so perfectly! Last night I used my Sharpies for the first time - WOW - they're so amazing! I labelled some drawers with some chalk board labels - they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a sweet little box! I love your wooden spools. They look darling in their new "home". :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous!! What a cool box!!
    I really love how you decorated it!!
    Very cool place to store all your sewing supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy birthday to your dad Julie!!! And I just love the new box for your threads, theynare a lot more comfortable in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What an amazing transformation! Love, love your cover! So gorgeous and those little chippies are perfect! I love stopping by for inspiration =) You're so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Super creative! I love how you reinvent things!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  35. Awww, this is amazing, Julie! I am such a sucker for old vintage finds like your box and sewing spools. They are treasures in and of themselves, and then you put it over the top with your fabulous transformation. LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  36. FANTASTIC idea! LOVE all of the embellies but especially the piece of twine in the scissors!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Total genius!!! LOVE the transformation!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow! This is perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I absolutely love what you've done with the box......gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Girl...you are blessed with alteration! This box is Gorgeous, really love what you did :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love this project. I have a few of hubbys boxes from "liquid refreshments" in a closet that I saved to alter. Must get on that.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love love love this!! That is a great box! Love how you upcycled it! And I love those chipboard sewing pieces! :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a fantastic and useful transformation! I think you and I should do some of that shopping together. You must have an eye for the bargains ;).

    ReplyDelete
  43. FABULOUS re-do of a beautiful wine box! Wow! Glad you left the finish...it's really pretty. It fits lots of spools of thread in here.

    Having vacationed in LV recently, I can TOTALLY appreciate the kind of heat you all deal with daily! Wow. I don't care what people say about "it's a dry heat". If it's 108 outside, it's darned hot!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)