Sunday, April 13, 2014

Do what you love - love what you do -- My Earth Day projects :)

Hi everyone :) 

As I mentioned in my last post -- my work is having a contest for Earth Day :)  Those that want to participate have to create a useful item out of recyclable/recycled items :)  

Those that know me will know I was all over this challenge :) 

This weekend, I made five items for the contest :) 


I am also entering these into 613 Avenue Creations challenge which is 'anything goes with recycle/reusable item'   and Paper Issues latest challenge 'Pitch Perfect' -- and one of the prompts that goes along with 'Pitch Perfect' is NOT to "pitch" your stuff in the trash -- but to turn it into something else :)


My first one was a glass bottle/drink that my friend Jenn gave me when she was done with it :)  

(because you can't throw anything away without asking Julie first you know... lol!!)  :)



And I turned it into vase for my roses that I dried after Brian gave them to me for Valentine's Day :) 




I used some Glitz Designs Paper from The Memory Nest and the butterflies are from Yvonne and the ribbon is from Michelle :) 






Next recycled project is a necklace holder :)  I was inspired by this :) 

I started off with some wine corks and a piece of Styrofoam :)



And I turned it into this :) 




These little hooks I have had FOREVER -- like since my first apartment back in 1989!!! LOL!! They were a mix of gold and silver, so I painted them all pink :) 

 

And the next upcycled project I made was a little metal tin I turned into a gift box with magnets in it (I made the magnets too!)  :)

Here is the metal tin :)



And here is what I made with it :)  I used Nikki Sivils' "Messages" collection :) 





The inside which holds the magnets I made :) 


The magnets :)


Showing the magnet side of one of them :) 




The next project I have to share is a little wall hanging I made :) 

I started with this :) 

A rusted out door knob cover and resin angel wings (they are HEAVY too!!) :) 



And here is what I made :) 



The blinged out circle is an antique cabinet knob :) 




And the last thing I made is a print :) 

I started out with this :) 

An old frame with no backing and some cardboard to use as my backing :)



I was inspired by these prints that were in a catalog I got in the mail last week -- I am too cheap to buy it from the catalog -- so I thought I would wing it (HA! It's an owl!! LOL!!) and make my own :) 



And here is MINE :) 



After I painted the frame -- I used a chevron stencil to add a little pattern around my frame :)

 I used Crate Papers and a stamp from Fresh Squeezed Stamp :)





Now to enter them in the contest at work  :)


Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :)



54 comments:

  1. Every one of these are awesome Julie!! My favorite is the owl and that awesome chevron frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW Julie! You have taken up-cycling to another level!! Love them all, but the necklace holder is awesome! Carri~Abusybee
    Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A-mazing!!! These are so cool, you have to win this contest, no doubt! It's hard to pick a favorite but the necklace holder might be it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome projects! I especially love the cork necklace holder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Julie!! you do amazing work, and you're always kind and encouraging and I love you!

    i love them all - esp the necklace hanger!! i need that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW... you really went for it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. love all these , Julie, my fav is the jewelry hanger!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. FABULOUS projects....my faves are the cork top jewellery holders [CREATIVE PLUS!!!] & the owl frame...super cute...good luck:):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness! You are on a roll Julie! These are fabulous! What can't you do my friend?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous projects Julie! I love them al!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omgosh you busy beaver, these projects are all amazing but I have to point out the necklace holder , it totally blew my mind, you are one creative chick!!! I will have to make one of these , you did such a beautiful job Julie! My lights are flickering here as we are in the midst of a freezing rain storm.. so hoping to get my visiting done...thanks for the smiles! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGosh, you are SO going to win that contest, my friend! Wow, wow, WOW! What amazing projects! You are SO creative! My jaw is hanging open here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are just adorable Julie! EAch and every one of them is fabulous and just soooo creative!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are totally gonna win the contest!! I love them all but the necklace holder made me gasp!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your projects are all amazing!!! Every one of them deserves to win!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All the projects are awesome Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my stars girlfriend. You have knocked it out of the park here. So many awesome projects my creative friend..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  18. I swear your imagination knows no bounds! You are always sooooo thinking outside the box! Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, these are all awesome and turned out beautifully. Any one of them would be perfect to link up (and be sure to link back) to the new linky party at Paper Issues. Just started at noon EDT today and it's called Pitch Perfect. http://www.paperissues.blogspot.com/2014/04/new-issue-pitch-perfect.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG, I'm loving all of these projects! You are the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow what a fabulous post full of fabulous projects! love the little tin the most :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! These are all so awesome! You have been busy! I need that necklace holder!

    ReplyDelete
  23. ok girlfriend!!! Seriously you totally rock!!! LOVE All the fun ideas, esp that wine cork, I'm gonna pin that, I need to make one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning projects my friend!!! Love the cork necklace holder and that owl is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! Love these upcycling projects! Beautiful work, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow~you have been busy!! All looks great ~Isn't it fun to re-purpose? Love your creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow Julie you have been one crafty busy lady. I love all of the projects. The cork one is my favorite. I love finding ways to display my jewelry so that I wear it.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  28. Julie - you are just so super creative!!!
    And I love that you linked up the top project to Paper Issues for "Pitch Perfect". Super creative take!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are AWESOME!!! What Fantastic projects Julie!!! Love these :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, you know how to make things pretty!!! Amazing projects, Julie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh, I love your fun projects, they are amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. You have been a busy up-cycler, Julie! Your projects are all spectacular and so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  33. You must be the WINNER! Love all of your items, you must been very busy with this!

    Love from The Netherlands,
    Leintje*

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh my goodness, you are on fire with your earth day projects! That is awesome! They are all unique and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Good grief girl...you are something AMAZING! How in the world do you find all the time and to come up with all these idea's is just INCREDIBLE!!! Wow...I am floored with your talent:) I love each and everyone!
    Have a great day!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  36. You did some AMAZING recycling Julie! You are super creative.

    ReplyDelete
  37. You just rock the upcycling!! Such an inspiring collection!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. OHHHHHHHHH MY! You are def. winning this contest!!!!!!!! WOWOWOWOWZA! I love that little owl as your last project! And I LOVE the cabinet knob! What a fun color and use of wings/charm! LOVE! And your necklace holder is beyond AMMMMMMMAZING! LOOOOOOOOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  39. My oh my all of those projects are just awesome and so creative! Love them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. all of your makeovers are a hit. love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow! These are completely amazing! Your creativity just blows me away! Love the cork jewelry holder and cute framed owl!

    ReplyDelete
  42. My vote is on you to win the contest!!! Your projects are fabulous! And p.s. your owl is even cuter than the one in the catalog!

    ReplyDelete
  43. These are ALL AMAZING!!!! Oh my! Don't know where to begin. I Love the necklace holder - so clever! And that vase is adorable. Love the idea of the magnets in the little container!! BEAUTIFUL!!! And thank you for the mention!!! I so appreciate that!!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  44. I am in awe!! These are so AWESOME!! That doorknob and wings-super cool! And the necklace hanger--I am going to have to scraplift that-that is so Brilliant! And I have corks ;) You rock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wow Julie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know what I like best....I LOVE everything!!!!!!!!!!!!! My goodness girl, you rock big time!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. WOW what a gorgeous selection of upcycled projects! Adore the pink doorhandle conversion the most!! I have found the perfect little shot glass for your mum. It has an African Elephant on the front! I shall look now for a little box for it so I can pop it in the post after Easter. Please supply your postal address to my inbox. Thanks Sweets xo

    ReplyDelete
  47. WOW! These are all so fabulous! I am so inspired!!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Serious WOW factor today, Julie! Love all these projects especially the cork jewelry holder and that awesome pink doorplate. Fabulous repurposing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Wow, you are just putting us all to shame with so many creative projects. Well, well, well, well, well done. I had to smile at the string of butterflies on the bottle project - I remember getting some of those in a kit 3 or 4 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Wow, I hope you won the work contest! That jewelry holder is so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)