Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Inspired by The Property Brothers?? Oh Yes I was!!!! :)

Hi everyone!!

A few weeks ago, I was watching HGTV's "The Property Brothers" and one of the design elements they included in the house they renovated was the wife's grandmother's doilies.  Johnathan (the Brother that does the renovating and designing of the homes) took the doilies added it to a bright sheet of paper and then hung it on the wall ... I really LOVED that design, so I had it in my head to create something like that for my house :)

Except I had no doilies!!

DOH!!!

So I saw that Connie had posted on her blog that she had some doilies and if we emailed her, she would send us some... so I was ON that real quick!! And Connie graciously shared some of her doilies with me!! YAY! :)

Then I went to a Home Decor Swap luncheon with some bloggy friends at Marty's house ... and Marty had a lace doily that I LOVED and I was able to take that home with me!!! YAY for bloggy friends!!

So now I had the doilies -- now to create my pieces to hang on my wall :)

I used Bo Bunny's Autumn Song papers and created these :) 


This one was created with the doilies from Connie :) 







And this one was made with the doily from Marty :) 






These are now hanging in frames in our family room :) 





And this is from my last Monday night post .... 


I want to thank ALL of you that has voted "liked" my project :) 

At last count ... I was about 15 "likes" behind my closet contender :)  So it doesn't look like I am going to win :) 

But again ... I want to thank all of you that voted for me!!!! :) 


I am here to BEG for your VOTE!!!!!!!




 Wellllllllllll it's LIVE on Graphic 45's Facebook page and it's READY for your VOTE!!!!!!



All you have to do is go "LIKE" my project!! That's it!! :)

   Pretty PLEASE!?!?!?!?!! :)
 
  Go "LIKE" my project :)   







Here is what Graphic 45 says on their post :)  
 




VOTE by clicking LIKE on our beautiful entries for our September Challenge: Autumn Upcycling! The G45er with the most liked project will win a $75 prize package. Deadline to vote: Wednesday, October 2, 11:59 PM PST.


Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :)

42 comments:

  1. Nice! I have a ton of my grandmother's doilies sitting in a box somewhere. Maybe someday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun ways to work with those pretty doilies, wonderful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHHH! What a fab idea to add doilies to my projects! And I LOVE that you were inspired by this TV show! LOL!

    I voted-- it froze my computer.... so that better mean you WIN!!! LOL! I restarted my safari and made sure my vote was counted (and it was)!!! GOOOOOOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great home dec pieces Julie, and awesome use of the inspiration from the show!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! These are amazing! I so need some doilies now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great way to use doilies! I love them too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful way to showcase doilies. These are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally awesome!!!! These are gorgeous.... Great way to use those doilies! ... Amazing my friend... hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! Great job using your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous idea....looks totally cool....really clever:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  11. FAB doily projects...home decor swap....that sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful use of doilies. Love the whole concept of this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. these doily projects are gorgeous, makes me wish I had some of my nana's old doilies...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the Property Brothers show! Great inspiration! I love what you all created with the doilies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. that is awesome and I had a part in all of that:):) looks great !! Gone junkin friday is this week:):) hope you can post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very fun inspiration! These are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. sooo pretty love how you worked the doilies!!!! and I LOVE Prop Bros!!! such a great show!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVING the doilies!!! Such great texture to your pretty projects.

    ReplyDelete
  19. We get our inspiration from lots of places and this is wonderful. I love what you created.
    I can not believe you are not in first place. Your creation is wonderful! G45 should be after you to create for them. If it was up to me would pick you for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great work - love your inspiration point!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I didn't realize people collected doilies.... Hmmmmm...interesting!
    You made them into some very awesome art!

    ReplyDelete
  22. gorgeous and inspiring Jules, loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the doilies ... fabulous work x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love what you did with these doilies. I have so many of them I should do something like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love how you've used the doilies. I've just voted for your stunning Halloween creation. X

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that show!
    And your projects look great!

    ReplyDelete
  26. beautiful use of doilies my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a fab idea! You always use things so creatively! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  28. How original! LOVE the textures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh, what a fun idea! Such beautiful projects, Julie! LOVE those doilies to bits, you, lucky girl, you ;).

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous and creative projects using the doilies!!
    I still hoping you will win!!
    You deserve it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love Property Brothers too! The doilies look fabulous. Great project.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I do love the look of these doilies on your pages.. You LO look wonderful.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  33. Cool these dollie projects. Especially the Count Your Blessings project.

    ReplyDelete
  34. wowza love the doilies so awesome

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wonderful ideas Julie & love the gorgeous Fall colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the warm colors and the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  37. GORGEOUS doilies! And your project is still FAB, even if you don't get the most votes! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wonderful you that you got those doilies. Great way to use them too.
    I hope you win Julie...your project is so awesome....heres to 16 votes, yes 16, not 15! :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh that's a beautiful project! Liked! Needs a "love" button! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow! Love what you did with the doilies! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)