Sunday, August 4, 2013

Their best side?

Hi everyone!

While I was gone at CHA, my layout went LIVE over at GCD Studios blog!!! :)


Recently I read a book called, "The Dog Lived, and So Will I" by Teresa Rhyne - and it was about a woman who's Beagle Dog survived cancer, and then soon after he had been gone through his cancer treatments, she developed Breast Cancer - and she focused how she was determined to beat cancer, because if her dog could live, so would she.  It was an inspiring book, and I just loved her attitude and humor!! :)

After reading the antics about her Beagle, it made my heart ache for my Beagle, Buddy that we lost 6 years ago. He was a joy, so fun, and even though he was diagnosed with Diabetes soon after we adopted him, and even went blind from his disease, he always came to help me wake up my son Adam every morning! Adam isn't a morning person, so having Buddy helped get him up in the morning! :)

One morning, once I got Adam up, he flopped onto the bedroom floor and laid down next to Buddy and I just COULDN'T resist this photo op! LOL!




I made the heart by punching several 1 inch circles and then when I had a piece of one of my 12x12 papers with negative circles all the way around it, I used that paper as a mask for my border edges

 One of the Die-Cut borders that comes in this collection has these little punch out circles in it.  I punched them out and used them as confetti on my page





The alphas in this collection are white, and I was afraid they wouldn't show very well on the background paper I used, so I used some dark brown colored mist and 'colored' them darker to make sure they showed up on my page!




Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :)

46 comments:

  1. teehee...LOL.....oh, my their 'best side' indeedy!!!! What fun, Julie.....& those bright hearts are fabulous...love the circles, too:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the title! LOVE the photo! LOVE the heart and all of the circles! LOVE the stitching! FAB LO, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, first of all very cool heart! Love how you did that. Second, that is a great photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is cute! Made me giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGOSH this is super fun and sooo sweet as well...I love the bond they had... so sad about your doggie, they are like family..I know from experience... such a fun layout Julie!!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! Love that heart and of course the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this page and all the circles! The photo and title is funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving all the circles & the funny photo. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha, hilarious photo + cute layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute story and I love the confetti heart. It makes such a a fantastic visual.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I might just have to read that book now. Awesome LO!! Love all the circles. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. sounds like a great book, we have a beagle too and love her!!!! SUCH a fun page love all the circles!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun layout with that fun photo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your sense of humor Julie! This layout has me cracking up. I love all of the circles and that title... I laughed out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness! This is absolutely adorable! I love your photo and title so much! And wowza - that heart with the circles looks amazing! Your humor is catchy, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is SO adorable and I LOVE that photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. darling~very clever. Love the matching plaid and the title!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL girlfriend this is one fun photo!!!!!
    super fab layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh this is a great page. The title is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulously fun!! Love the confetti heart!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. So fun! Perfect title for this funny pic! We are back to school tomorrow! So crazy! Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is too cute! This cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a cute photo and I love the fun technique on the heart in the background, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  24. HA HA HA! That is soooo CUTE! I love that photo, and the heart and colors are just perfect! I always say you are the queen of clever titles and this is no exception! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh Julie.. what a precious photo AND story! :) thank you for sharing with us, my friend. i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOL! Too cute! Love the photo, the funny title and that heart, oh my, it is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great photo!!!!!! The love how you did the heart. Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hee hee, what a cute photo and a beautiful layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hehe....sooooo cute! Love the punched circle hearts...super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is so fun!!! Love how you did the heart and the recoloured alphas really POP!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the colors on this one. The title is so fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  32. LOL I just adore this and that circly heart is A M A Z I N G!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a fabulous look this has! LOVE all the circles....so eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  34. OMGosh, how fabulous!! I love, love, love that punched circle heart! And what cool use for the confetti. Totally adore that photo, too!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is perfectly precious, Julie! LOVE that photo to bits and that you didn't let it pass without a photo op! Such a great play on circles, too, and I just adore the green and blue!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Heartwarming story and that heart is so cute. I, of course, would be pulling my hair out trying to make it. However, you make it look so simple! Amazing

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh what a great story and love that you snapped a photo! FABULOUS layout - LOVING all the circles!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. LOL! Bet he loves this LO, Julie. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Julie--I'm glad you enjoyed the book! Thanks for sharing your post--it's adorable!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)