Monday, June 10, 2013

Remember this ... you're important :)

Hi everyone!   

 

Earlier this month it was my turn over on the GCD Studio's blog and I shared this layout :)









I used the Special Delivery collection on my layout :)







Come on over and leave me some love please :) 



Also I wanted to share a layout I made for the latest Chic Tags challenge :)   The challenge was to use song lyrics on your page :)

I chose the song "I Hope You Dance" by Lee Ann Womack :)

Here are the lyrics --

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger
May you never take one single breath for granted
God forbid love ever leave you empty handed
I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance

I hope you dance
I hope you dance

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Livin' might mean takin' chances, but they're worth takin'
Lovin' might be a mistake, but it's worth makin'
Don't let some Hellbent heart leave you bitter
When you come close to sellin' out, reconsider
Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance

I hope you dance
I hope you dance
(Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along)
I hope you dance
I hope you dance
(Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder, where those years have gone?)

I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance

Dance
(Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along)
I hope you dance
I hope you dance
(Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder, where those years have gone?)



And here is my layout --


I used some older American Crafts and Chic Tags :)





And here is the story :)

When we were in Prescott, Arizona Memorial Day Weekend ... we had lunch before we went to the Art Show :)  .... After lunch and before we headed to the show, Brian went back to our car to grab some water bottles that we brought with us so we wouldn't have to pay crazy prices at the show (Hey... what can I say, I'm cheap... or I need to save my $$ for scrappy supplies... lol!!) ... so while we were waiting, Brookie started dancing on the sidewalk... no music, just started dancing ... just because :)

I swear... every adult that walked by us just smiled at Brookie and told her to keep on dancing!! It was AWESOME! To have people encourage her to just dance, just because ... so LOVED it!! :)




Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :)

54 comments:

  1. These are both beautiful layouts! The use of the GCD is so fun! I just love the story behind the I you dance layout. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't "i hope you dance" just remind you of the fearlessness of a kid? I LOVE that page!!! Suits Brookie so much! Lovin the page of your Daddy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pages Julie!! Really loving both of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous work....love the retro feel of your day's LO...those glasses!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Left you some bloggie love on GCD...love this layout and the story behind. That Brookie, she's a whipper snapper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pages! I love that big stitched circle! I'm inspired :-) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that layout, love the stitching. I also love the I hope you dance, layout - I did the same song for a layout of my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such fun layouts. The one for your dad is so great with the bright colors and stitching. and the dancing layout is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! 2 FANTASTIC layouts Julie... both are SO Bright & TOTALLY AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the retro embellies on the first layout and the super sweet journaling on the second page. Totally awesome Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. TERRIFIC layouts. Really love that photo of your dad and all the messy stitching. Great work on both!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pages, my friend! I absolutely LOVE that song to bits! What a great idea for a title. Putting that one in my notebook. TFS! Have a great week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those pages! The GCD glasses rock. Love them. And that's so sweet about the dancing! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such great pages, Julie!
    I love how you contained your design in the circle on the first.
    And that second one is so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love both layouts!! Both are beautiful!!! loving the circle stitching too awesome Julie... hugs..x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww...Julie, both layouts are so special!
    I love the fact that you are able to scrap both the past and the present with such a flair!
    Thank You for sharing your story with us! and Keep on dancing Brookie!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. my goodness, these are both FABULOUS julie, the story about brookie is incredible too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. totally lovin both pages!!! I saw the GCD one earlier and loved the fun glasses and bowties!!! great lyrics on the chic tags page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such lovely layouts and so beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous LO's!!
    Love that GCD Lo it is amazing!!
    I will check I think I left you some love?
    Love that Brookie was dancing and everyone kept encouraging her how sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Two beautiful layouts. Wonderful tribute to your dad and I love that you DD will dance just because and I hope that she never looses that.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome layouts my friend. I love the use of colours on both. And the fabulous stitching on that first one! Totally artsy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Julie I love your layouts and that song has always been one of my favorites... beautiful job , hugs

    ReplyDelete
  24. That first page is so fun with the layered up glasses and bow ties! The second one is so pretty and perfectly girly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great layouts and I love the title on your Dad page along with all those bowties.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome layouts Julie! Love the circle stitching and titles.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great inspiration from both of these. thanks for the update:):) I hope she dances too!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOVE!!!! These LO's are fabulous and your colors are popping ;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Terrific pages, Julie! Love the stitched circles on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Julie, your layouts are fabulous! Always filled with so many fun elements! Great paper choice and lovely pictures!
    Have a great day!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Julie Julie Julie. . . do you ever sleep??!!! you update your blog often and always with amazing work!! thank you for the inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  32. OMGosh ... where to you find the time?
    Love both your LO, so colourful and happy looking. I love the pink one, and it is such a sweet story :)x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love both of these layouts! Lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Both pages look amazing. I love that song. And what a great story behind it..

    Keep cool my friend.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  35. Both of these are great layouts. I love the 2nd one. The bright pink makes the page jump out at you, but in a good way and the blue and photos go perfect with it. I enjoyed reading your story behind the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  36. AWESOME layouts!!!! Love the vintage feel of the first one... and LOVE the bright colors of the second!

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is so sweet....I also hope she keeps on dancing to her own music. I love the circle stitching on your first layout.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your accents especially on that first page are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  39. both are great; i really like the first one--really fabulous masculine layout!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Awesome layouts ~ both of them!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Fabulous layouts and vibrant colors!!! Love your work and creativity. Will miss you at Meri's this Saturday. Boohoo!
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  42. what omega cool beautiful design :}

    ReplyDelete
  43. love the retro feel of your first layout, really cute! and the second one is super fun with all the girly touches and pinks :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wow! Love, love, love both of these! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I just LOVE your stitching on the GCD layout - what a wonderful job and all those bow ties are awesome. The last one is just so SUPER sweet and one of my all time favorite songs! That is adorable that Brookie just began dancing - what a happy soul!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Loving all the retro elements on your first layout! And Brookie, well every layout you do with her just makes me smile. This is so sweet and I love the title work.

    ReplyDelete
  47. SUPER layouts, Julie! I love love love that first one-- the stitching and misting-- AMAZING! And I love the hot pink background paper for Brookie's page! What a fun story-- wish I could have seen her dancing:) I probably would have joined in!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  48. Fabulous! Love those 70's images and embellies and of course how sweet the 'Dance' layout is... gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  49. The multiple eye glasses look great on your dads page and I adore the dancing page.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)