Friday, December 28, 2012

My top projects for 2012 :)

Hi everyone!!! :)

Recently, Christine Meyer asked a few of her FB/bloggy friends if we would like to join her in sharing our top creative projects for 2012!! Of course I said yes!! I love Christine and what a great idea to have a bunch of bloggy friends link up their fave projects of the year!! :)

Since I create just about everything -- I decided to do my top 10 layouts, my top 10 canvasses and my top 10 altered projects :)

Here we go :)

First -- my top 10 layouts :)


This one was made with Graphic 45's 'Once Upon A Springtime' collection -- my all time fave collection of G45's -- ever!! :)



This one was made with a mixture of goodies -- but the main reason it made it onto my top 10 of the year -- is because it is about Brookie's 2 different colored eyes (one green and one stayed the blue grey we are all born with)



I made this one while a DT member for Artful Delight! I just love that photo of 'little' Brookie! :)



I made this one while I was on the Nikki Sivils DT ... I loved using lyrics on my page for my journaling :)



I made this one while I was a part of the Scrapbooker's Anonymous DT! I love my idea of connecting the brads on the map with twine!! I might be doing this again! :)



Another one from when I was on Nikki Sivils DT! This one was about little Adam and his "HELP!" story when we were walking to the store together one day! :)


This one is about little "me" :) I grew up four-eyed, wearing a patch over my lazy eye, pigeon toed, hip brace,  just not a good combination for a kid :) Wasn't always easy :)



I made this one for a challenge :)





I made this one with Bo Bunny's Little Miss collection while I was their GDT over the summer :)



I made this one for a Bella Blvd. sketch :) Documenting my monthly photos with my babies :)



And now for my top 10 canvasses!!! :)

This one I made using 7gypsies goodies -- and I was honored when they showcased it on their blog :)



This one I made for 3 Cool Chicks -- Let's Get Trendy :)



This one I made with Pink Paislee goodies :)



This one I made using Bo Bunny's Little Miss collection! :) This is also the biggest canvas I ever made -- it is 4 feet by 6 feet! :)



This one I made for Helmar :)



I made this for a challenge at Scrapping the Music using Graphic 45's Magic of Oz papers! :)




I made this for a challenge :)



This one I made after the Newton, Connecticut tragedy .... I was so saddened for the people lost -- I felt compelled to make this....




This one I made just because with the December Paper Made Bakery kit :)



And this one was made for the December challenge at Graphic 45 and Scrap Fit :)



And last -- but not least -- my top 10 altered projects :)


I made this for a LESSology DT project :) This was a little dresser that my Grandma gave me (it was hers as a child) -- so it is over 100 years old :)




I made this when I was on Nikki Sivils DT -- I bought an antique washboard and turned it into a magnetic message board :)



This one I took an antique wood box and used Bo Bunny's papers to make a present for Brookie's Kindergarten teacher :)



This is an autograph book I made for our trip to Disneyland!! All the characters loved it and were impressed that Brookie's Mommy had made it :)


These jar tags I made as part of the Helmar DT! I bought the jars at IKEA and then added the eclectic tags to label them :)




I made these book ends with some rocks I painted, wood bases and some yummy Graphic 45's papers! :) I made this as a part of the LESSology DT :)




I made this for Bo Bunny while I was their GDT over the summer! :)




I made these next two as a part of my application for the Bella Blvd DT (I didn't make it) -- but I loved what I made :)





I made this at Meri's house -- I won't lie -- I almost gave up on this one -- I was VERY discouraged on how it was turning out for me -- but Meri and the other girls that were there pushed me on and I finished it :)




This one I made for a challenge at Graphic 45!! I made a star from Wine Corks, misted them and then added papers from the Nutcracker Sweet collection! :)



So there you have it -- my favorite layouts, canvasses and altered projects!! :)

I would love to see yours too -- if you are sharing your top projects leave me a link -- I would LOVE to come see them!! :)


Here is everyone that is participating in our year end celebration!!! :)

Liz Chidester http://thescrappiest.blogspot.com
Marcia Dehn Nix http://onescrapatatime-bymumsie.blogspot.com/2012/12/top-ten-of-2012-blog-hop-plus-giveaway.html
Monika Wright http://www.iloveitallwithmonikawright.com/
Ivanka Lentle http://ivankascardstudio.blogspot.com/2012/12/top-10-of-2012.html
Christine Meyer http://scrappingwithchristine.blogspot.com/2012/12/my-top-ten-of-2012-plus-giveaway-and.html
Jamie Cripps http://jamielanedesigns.blogspot.com/2012/12/top-10-of-2012.html
Erin Morehousehttp http://girlpaperscissors.blogspot.com/2012/12/top-ten-of-2012.html
Melissa Elsner http://www.theprofoundbrunette.com/2012/12/top-ten-for-2012.html
Jodi Wilton http://luvalotland.blogspot.ca/
Sarah Hill rockoandbella.blogspot.com
Laurel Seabrook http://want2scrap.blogspot.ca/
Carrie Walz http://everydaymoments-carrie.blogspot.com/
Jen Matott http://arttalk-sigmagirl.blogspot.com/
Jan Tatomir http://www.jantatomir.blogspot.com/
Jennifer Haggerty http://livethemoment-jen.blogspot.com/
Kerri Yarus http://kerrikr8tions.blogspot.com/2012/12/top-10-projects-of-2012-plus-blog-hop.html
Ashley Nguyen Newell http://hearthugsdesigns.blogspot.com/2012/12/top-ten-blog-hop.html
Cathy Harper http://alteredplayground.blogspot.com/2012/12/top-ten-of-2012-blog-hop.html
Malika Kelly http://malikakelly.blogspot.com/
Lynn Shokoples http://scrappyhappymom.blogspot.com/2012/12/top-ten-of-2012-blog-hop.html
Kris Berc http://stashofprettypaper.blogspot.com/
-------->>>>>You are Here :) Julie Tucker Wolek http://thetuckerwolekclan.blogspot.com/2012/12/my-top-projects-for-2012.html
Rhonda VanGinkel http://snapwhiz.blogspot.com/2012/12/top-10-of-2012-blog-hop.html
Savannah O'Gwynn http://www.savannahland2.blogspot.com
Audrey Yeager http://audreysreflection.blogspot.com/2012/12/top-twelve-of-2012-blog-hop-and-giveaway.html
Katrina Hunt http://paperscissorsandglue.blogspot.com/2012/12/my-top-ten-of-2012-along-with-blog-hop.html



Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :)

80 comments:

lisaplus6 said...

oh Julie, these are so incredibly beautiful! I was not without a tear (or two) as I looked over them... thank you for always sharing your heart in all you do! :)

Laurel said...

Wow, your are amazing Julie, such awesome creations each and every one of them!

Jennifer said...

OMG!!! You Rock Girl!!! (= (= Very inspirational looking at all those FABULOUS layouts and projects!!! Seriously, I don't think you sleep! LOL (= Looking forward to your blog in 2013!!! Have a Happy New Year!!! (=

michelle hodges said...

All of your projects are so creative and amazing!!!!
Love them all!!!
TFS!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Congrats on a wonderful year of crafting!!!!!

jacque4u2c said...

I dont see how you narrowed it down, all your stuff is so awesome!!! I do love what you picked tho!!! Cant wait to see 2013 picks!!!

Sharon Fritchey said...

Hi Julie! Most of us have not even made one canvas yet alone 10, yet alone picking the top 10!!!!! You did an amazing job on all of your layouts, canvases, and altered projects. You ROCK, girl! I think my most favorite of all is the layout of Brookie showing her different colored eyes. But of course, I love them all. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us, Julie!

The Preppy Student said...

you are so talented! im sure brookie's teacher loved that box and i want that autograph book

Sherry Eckblad said...

Your talent amazes me. I love everything but I think my absolute favorite is that big frame with the clothespins and pictures. That is on my to do list for 2013.

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

You have so many treasures to look back on and to enjoy in the years to come. I love reviewing our current year's album over New Year's Eve. :)

Scraprageous said...

You have created some phenomenal layouts and projects! Thanks so much for sharing in a year of review for us!

~amy~ said...

super awesome choices my soul sista! I hope you have a magnificent day!!!

Mary Jo Rhoda said...

Such amazing, amazing projects!
So many I like!
Standouts for me were your crayon canvas and all of your layouts!

Jamie Lane [Cripps] said...

I love that you create across the board...layouts and cards and altered...and they are ALL so amazing! I love that you share so much of yourself in your projects!

Marcia Dehn-Nix said...

Wow! Such fabulous projects. Its my first time seeing your altered work and it blew me away!

Heather Landry said...

These projects are all amazing in their own way Julie. It's so neat to get such a peek into your favorites for the year. I don't even know how I could choose.

Nicole Doiron said...

WOW! You sure have been busy this year! Love all your projects - your talent is outstanding! Thanks for sharing!

Connie Mercer said...

what a gorgeous collection of your work!! fabulous inspiration!!

Christina Aiton said...

I am always so amazed by your creativity and productivity - you are inspiring me to do a blogpost this weekend of my Top tens. Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

WOW! What a list! How fun seeing all your best stuff in one place!

Dawn LL said...

I have enjoyed all your projects in 2012 and so look forward to 2013
Happy New Year sweetie

Ivanka said...

Wow, such a creative year you've had. Your Wake me up When September ends really touched me. Thank you for sharing.

Lynn Le5 said...

Wowzers! So many beautiful projects!!! So nice to see as I just became a follower not so long ago and now I get to see all your best favs! Thanks sooooo much!
Happy New Year. xo

Doreen Vasquez said...

Wow! You are crazy talented and creative!! Well, I already knew that, but seeing your favs laid out like that, all in one post, it just really showcases your talent!!
Thanks for sharing!

Tammie Lien said...

Woozeerss you were one busy lady and so much talent.Just love them all:))Thanks for sharing:)))

Sharla said...

You have such amazing talent! Loved looking through all your projects!

Cheryl said...

How fun to see all of these projects again!! I LOVE ALL of them!!!!!

Cathy said...

omgosh! so much fun, so much talent!

Linda Beeson said...

Wow, you can see how busy you have been with a post like this!!! That first layout is my favorite!

TeenaBugg38 said...

OK...my pinning finger hurts now......lol. Julie, I always love anything you create, and even tho your style is as all over the place asw mine is I can still spot a "Julie" layout from a mile away....I love all of these3 but the I Am one of Brookie.....omgosh! My fave, as is the one of little Adam and the little Julie one made me cry.....please know you are beautiful no matter what....and I hope Brookie learns the same thing....love you my friend!!!

ImagiMeri said...

Oh Julie, so many of those projects I didn't get to see before. Thank you so much for sharing them again. You know BrookieWolek is my favorite subject, but I have to tell you my all time favorite out of all those is the one you did for Artful Delight with Brookie holding a rose.....sheer loveliness.

I'm wishing you and yours all the best for the new year, and I hope we have more opportunities to get together.

Love ya'
Meri

BTW, I wanted you to know that right before Christmas I made 50 cards to send off to the gal you told us about for the survivors of Sandy Hook. I also sent some supplies, but I wouldn't have known about it if it wasn't for you, so thank you.

Christy said...

I looooved the look back at your favs. My very favorite one of your layouts ever made the list! :)

carlies said...

Hi friend
all your work is amazing so much stunning projecht's and many gorgeous details

thank you for all your sweet messages on my blog this year, I always enjoy if you what has written to me, I hope next year also be blog friends continue

happy new year almost

hugs carla

Mel said...

Great post Julie!! Love seeing this recap:)

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Hi Julie! Just got back from California, trying to catch up on my fave blogs! It's so much fun to see all of your fave projects from the year! I love the one about Brookies eyes - didn't know she had two different colors. That is soooo special and beautiful! I think David Bowie's eyes are like that too! Another fave of mine is the one of all of your monthly photos with the kids - gorgeous! Happy New Year my friend!

Miriam Prantner said...

So many great projects! You have such a wide range, and it's all so much fun. Can't wait to see what you wow us with in 2013!

Rose said...

love the look back :) fab projects girl :)

Debbie P said...

What an amazing mix of projects! You are just too talented lady! Hope you have a wonderful New Year!

April said...

Amazing projects girl!!

Tracey Sabella said...

Such amazing pages and projects, Julie!! Your work is always a joy to view and I can see why these are your faves!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

wendipooh13 said...

way to go!!!! you got sooo much done this year, your projects are amazing!!!!!

Liz Chidester said...

Are you just the Jack of all trades, or what??? These are amazing, Julie!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Your work is just amazing...my fave is the LO you made for a challenge...so soft & pretty...I wonder if you were forced to narrow it down to only ONE, which you would chose...cruel thought, huh????!! !!!!!!:):):)

MamaKaraba said...

OMG! I LOVE your stuff! You are so prolific! Do you wake up everyday with new ideas? How do you make so many cool projects?

Kelly said...

I JUST LOVE LOVE LOVE all of your work and can't believe I missed some of them since I'm always admiring your latest! Absolutely GORGEOUS and so many fabulous canvases!!! WOW! Can't wait to see your creations in 2013! :)

Lynn said...

Julie, I just loved every project. Gorgeous work my friend. Have a wonderful New Years!

Krista said...

♥♥♥♥♥ so many of these!!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I should have totally thought of doing 10 of each---SOOOOO clever! You rock! LOVE each of those LOs--I esp. love that one of Brookie when she was 2! And that page about HELP and Adam! SOOOO cute how you lined the pockets up!

I love your canvases--esp. that Just Breathe one--I love the double letters!

FAB altered projects- that one you made in honor of Newtown is my absolute fav:) LOVE feathers;)

Staci said...

You had an amazing and crafty year for sure!! Love the way you put your heart and soul into everything!!!

Ashley Horton said...

Awesome picks Julie!! I love them all and I love your versatility at creating layouts, cards, altered projects and canvases!!

Alison Day said...

Fantastic Julie! You are SO creative!! Loved that Christmas tree canvas!

Sue D said...

Thanks for sharing all your wonderful projects!

betsy (pharmgirl) said...

Wow! You are one productive girl! You rock the multi-photo layouts Julie and I LOVE your canvases! The one that you did in honor of Aleida is so touching.

Linda R said...

Your work is amazing. I really enjoyed taking a peek at your favorite of the year.. What a great idea.

Hugs~

alexandra s.m. said...

it's a wonderful selection Julie!
Thank You so much for sharing!!

Heather Jacob said...

wow oh wow what a magnificent journey .... awesome, thanks so much for sharing xoxoxo

Nitasha said...

Amazing projects! I just love the heartfelt layout "being ugly matters" and the nutcracker canvas- those shoes are adorable and add so much dimension! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Tina Connolly said...

Thanks for sharing all these fabulous projects with us. Love the lyrics you used on Brookie's "What I Am" layout, very empowering words.

mandysea said...

OMGOSH girl... take my breath away!!!
Ooooh I love the 'adore' LO - the one Brookie is in with the flowers encircling her... serene and beautiful.. my fave of the them all... though close second is the Nutcraker LO with the ballet shoes... stunning!!!

Ooooh blessings for the most wonderous 2013~!
hugs
xxxx

sandi said...

Oh Julie all of these are so fabulous! These picks are amazing....there have been so many wonderful projects that you've done that have been so gorgeous inside and out!
Can't wait to see what you come up with in 2013!

~jan said...

I was wondering how you were going to narrow down all of your fabulous projects to just 10! SO happy you shared 30! Your creativity (not to mention your heart!) knows no bounds. You are an amazing crafter, Julie! All the best to you and your family in 2013!

Marjie Kemper said...

Oh my Gosh, Julie! What a load of eye candy... I'm so glad you did this wrap-up and shared so many of your beautiful creations. Happy New Year's to you and yours!

Melissa Elsner said...

So many beautiful projects! Love them all! :)

Buffy Esser said...

so many wonderful projects...Love the autograph book! Happy New Year!

scrappin_mom3 said...

oh my goodness! All those projects blew my mind! SOO much fabulous work! Thanks for all the inspiration!
Kerri

Laurie LaRiviere said...

WOW!! I don't even know where to start, these are all just amazing! every layout is different, I love that! and your altered projects are so unique and fun, great blog post Julie!

glorygirl said...

And to think these aren't even a fraction of everything you created this year!!! What a beautiful legacy you're leaving for your family - all these thoughts and moments documented so beautifully!!!! GREAT JOB!

carrie said...

Such a creative mind you have! These projects are wonderful!

Keren Tamir said...

OH my Julie!! love all of these, just fantastic!!

TesaB said...

Holy Moley! Fantabulous!!!! Speachless... You do the most amazing creations!!!!

Deana said...

That's a lot of talent & inspiration in one post! I think that What I Am is my all-time-fav Julie layout!

Katrina Hunt said...

Girl, you know I love you! And geez, you are a creating machine!!!! Happy Happy Happy New Year!! Hugs, Katrina

Monika Wright | I Love It All said...

Wow, you've been a crafty gal this year...all fun and amazing projects!

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

You are so creatively driven, I admire that very much about you!!! Awesome projects gf!!!

LisaM said...

WOW! So much inspiration in 1 post!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is SUCH an awesome post, Julie! Love, love to see a recap of all your favorite projects! You are amazing, my friend!

Aga said...

Super gorgeous as always Julie!! Love seeing all of your bright and happy projects and look forward to seeing what you'll create in the new year :) Happy 2013 xx

Gina said...

I love your sky is the limit layout and the Christmas wreath would sell at a store for a ton of money. Seriously that is like a work of art. I want one!! lol :)

Sherri said...

"Life is about using all the crayons." Love that quote, and loved that canvas, definitely my favourite project of your 2012. I have loved meeting you Julie, and look forward to a fabulous 2013 in all things scrappy with you friend xo

Diana Waite said...

wow Julie you have been BUSY and these look GREAT!