Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Drawn Together...a call to help the children in Newtown, CT ...

Hi everyone...

The other day I was on facebook and saw several of my friends link to Amber Kemp-Gerstel's website -- she is not only a fellow artist, she is also a child psychologist -- and she has a wonderful way to help out the children that went through the horrible events this past Friday in Newton, CT.



She wants supplies to be donated to make creative kits for the children - many studies show that children express themselves through art, when they sometimes cannot form the words to share how they feel --- I actually purged a lot of my scrappy supplies recently and donated them to Brookie's Children's Hospital -- so I couldn't help there --- but.....

Amber is also asking for uplifting encouraging cards to be made for the children of Sandy Hook Elementary -- a lot of these kids will be going to the Newton Youth & Family Services Center and they are going to need help -- and one way to help is to give them an uplifting, encouraging card --

sooooo you all know that when a card is needed, I try and jump in and help :)

So yesterday, I made 16 cards to send to Amber for this wonderful cause .... 

Here are the cards I am sending --



I used Nikki Sivils Beatrice collection, SRM Stickers, EAD stickers, and some goodies that Michelle H. sent me :)
 






And for those that don't know ... the parents all come to our house for dinner every Sunday -- and since the whole family was here, I decided they would all help sign the cards for the kids :)
They all happily helped out :)



And here is the inside of one of the cards that we all signed :)




If you are interested in helping -- please head over to Amber's Blog post to read all her instructions -- she is accepting donations of product, cards for the children and donations to help buy supplies for the creative kits .... I am so happy I found her -- I don't have the means to help out the Newton community the way I would like to, so just this little bit I am contributing feels like I am helping :) 
 

Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :)

43 comments:

Sudha said...

Pretty sweet creations. I love these.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

Lizzy Hill said...

This is wonderful...I'm sure she will get lots of takers. Great positive way to help the kids:):):)

Bente Fagerberg said...

Julie, you have such a big heart! Thanks for all you do!! I love your cards and hope they will be a big success! Hugs!!

Sharon Fritchey said...

Thank you so much, Julie, for doing this. You are the sweetest person - beautiful on the inside and out!!!

lisa said...

Thanks Julie. Guess what the kids and I have planned after school!!
Hugs xxx

Lynette said...

You are one very special lady Julie. Bless you for always caring.

Katie said...

Your heart is as fantastic as your creativity! What a wonderful cause to be giving to. I will be heading over to Amber's blog.

Sherry Eckblad said...

Great cards Julie, I love the inside sentiment and the fact that you got everyone including the parents involved in the process.

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

These are beautiful, Julie. Such a selfless and loving thing for you to do and for your family to participate in.

~amy~ said...

LOVE this post...love your family:)

Audrey Pettit said...

I just saw this post on another blog and think this is such a wonderful idea. LOVE that you have created all these beautiful cards to send. You and your family are amazing. Brought tears to my eyes, my friend!

Laurel said...

Wonderful cards and what a wonderful gesture!

sandi said...

Julie this is such a warm, loving thing to do! Your cards are fabulous....they will mean so much to those children!!!!!

Paula Miller said...

Oh Julie this was such a sweet, caring idea!!!

Keren Tamir said...

You guys are amazing!! Will check the blog

Mary Jo Rhoda said...

Oh, Julie this is such a great idea!
And I love that the whole family helped!!!

Jinny Newlin said...

TFS! And what beautiful cards! Be blessed!

Connie Mercer said...

you have the sweetest spirit!!! Love the cards and the idea but most the follow through:)

Joni Parker said...

Love getting the whole family involved!! Will check it out.. it's time to purge my stuff!! Take care & Merry Christmas!!

Debbie P said...

Thank you so much for posting this. Your cards are amazing and are making me cry! I am headed over to your friends site to see what I can do.

Carol said...

Awesome cards! You have such a caring heart! Hugs my friend.

wendipooh13 said...

such a great idea!!! LOVE LOVE the quote you wrote in the card!!

TesaB said...

Such wonderful cards, Julie! You are än angel, so very thoughtful with the biggest heart ever!

Deana said...

Well now I'm crying again. Love what you wrote in the cards. And the cards are all adorable too...

Annesphamily said...

I will certainly join this too. I will be home this evening where I am hopeful I can find some peace to do this. I am also sending a letter to our local pro baseball team. I think they should jump on these bandwagons as they have the means to help so many. I want to honor James, the nephew of my niece Holly's friend who perished! Amber is a light shining thru this darkness for sure. Thanks Julie. Love to all of you! Anne

Tracey Sabella said...

What a wonderful opportunity. Thanks for providing the information and link. Your cards are amazing! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Heather Landry said...

Your cards are so wonderful Julie. I especially love that you got everyone to sign them. Just beautiful!!

glorygirl said...

So amazing! I love the sentiment inside the cards and the outsides are so cheery. Perfect!!!

Lalo said...

You're an amazing awesome lady/mother!!! Awesome cards Julie :)

Marjie Kemper said...

Fantastic! Oh, Julie, I am so glad you shared this. I will share it too, and definitely send supplies and cards. Thank you!!!

Linda R said...

Gosh I have missed so much here. So sorry I have been so slow at getting around. But I did take a peek at what I missed Cause you know I love seeing what you create!

This is so sweet. Those children are just going to love these. That is so sweet of you. You have the biggest heart my friend.

Wish you and your family a happy week!

Hugs~

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Great cards for a great cause, I am joining you Julie!

Mitra Pratt said...

Julie! I am speechless and maybe crying just a little, what a wonderful thoughtful idea and how cool everyone shared signing them with you!

Cheryl said...

LOVE all of your sweet cards, Julie. Thanks for the blog link.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

These are so special! Love what you wrote inside! Carri~Abusybee

jeanie g said...

Julie you are one big-hearted lady who cheers me up every day when your latest blog post appears in my email in box. I, along with the whole world was affected by this latest senseless tragedy and what you've done so selflessly is magnificent. I dont get to post much these days but I just had to add my comment.xxx

carlies said...

what a wonderful post love it

Wida said...

what a lovely prayer in the card. you are a good soul. You take for granted that your kids will come home everyday, who would have thought a school would be scary.

yyam said...

Love that the whole family has roped in to help with this cause. The kids need all the support they can get.
I'll be sending some cards too.

Annmarie Pipa said...

thank you for your example.

Staci said...

What a beautiful idea and I truly love that you all have family Sunday dinner together!!

Teddyree said...

Adorable cards and it's so special that your whole family played a part!

michelle hodges said...

This is awesome!!
Love that you all made cards!! Ellie and I will make some on Wed and Im emailing the lady to see where I can send some pattern paper envelopes and children saftey scissors.
TFS!!