Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Day two of "How does she do it?"

Hi everyone!!!

It's day two of my week long post of sharing tips/techniques and sharing my projects that I made on my scrappy retreat a few weekends ago --- here is a recap of yesterday .....


I have decided to dedicate this entire week to sharing a little into my scrappy world and how I get it all done .... A couple of weekends ago, my friend Krista and I headed up to Payson, Arizona for a scrappy retreat and during that weekend (Friday afternoon till Sunday afternoon), I made 27 layouts, 67 cards and 1 altered project --- and since I shared HOW MANY projects I got done in that one weekend -- I have had several people leave me comments on my posts and also emailed me asking me, "How do you do it Julie?" 

So this week, I will be sharing my layouts and cards that I made that weekend, giving some insight to how I create so fast, giving some tips and sharing everything that isn't DT assignments... :)

The full story of what/why I am sharing this week -- see YESTERDAY'S post! :)


Today, I am sharing 4 layouts I made on my scrappy retreat!! 


For this layout, I used Bo Bunny, Studio Calico mask, a vintage dictionary page, Studio Calico's Mr. Huey's mists, Tim Holtz distress ink, and Copic Markers with an airbrush gun! :)



For my technique on this page -- and I have to thank the girls that were sitting at my table during the scrappy retreat, including my friend Krista --- they told me to crumple up my vintage dictionary page and then ink it with my Tim Holtz distress ink -- also another technique -- I not only misted my Studio Calico banner mask with Mr. Huey's mists, I also used Krista's Copic Markers and her airbrush gun to give it a double mist look! :)





On this next layout -- I used some old bling I had from Michaels that I bought like 3 years ago while at CHA -- some K & Company, some vintage fairy cards from Diana's ETSY shop and also some 'business' cards that I will explain as my technique! :)

A few years ago while at CHA, "Dove of the East" was just starting up -- and they were giving out postcard size 'business' cards to advertise their business -- I loved the look of the postcards so much, that I took two :) And that is what the flower hearts are!! They are from "Dove of the East's" 'business' cards!! I cut them out and used them as an embellishment! :)






My next layout is using Studio Calico butterflies, K & Company, a digital frame that I got from ETSY a LONG time ago, Making Memories journal paper -- and Theresa Collins is my 12x12 background paper! -- oh and some unknown manufacturers are on here too! lol! :)


For my technique on this page -- I had the digital frames from ETSY -- and I wanted to show it above and BELOW my photo -- so I cut it in half and put 1/2 on the top, and 1/2 on the bottom! :)




My last layout today uses Prima flowers and Prima printed fabric, a vintage BINGO card, Kraft journal tags I got from ETSY along time ago, a homemade flower from my friend Phin, Basic Grey,  Jenni Bowlin number pennants, Cosmo Cricket bling and the title is a journal tag from LivingRoomFloor's ETSY shop.

This one came together pretty easy as I had a lot of the orange/brown embellies in my stash.




And for a tip for my layout --- don't always grab for your alpha stickers for your titles ... I hardly ever use Thickers or the sort anymore -- I now like to grab a journal spot (in this case the "I will always be your girl") and use those for my titles --- using a journaled tag will be a lot easier than trying to find a package of alpha stickers with all the right pieces to spell out your title! LOL! :)




Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :)

51 comments:

  1. This is really, really interesting Julie - keep it up! I never thought about using journaling spots for titles...brill idea, I'll put that one in the 'vault':):):) TFS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another wonderful batch of layouts! Love the masking/misting and your choice of embellishments on the second page completely matches and complements the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful layouts!!! you are flat gettin' it done:):):) love the JBS flags :) I know I already told you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how much you got done at the retreat...crazy...love the layouts sista...have a super week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie this is Amazing!! Love how your so talented :)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the crumpled dictionary paper with the distress ink!!! You take the best photos, something I have to get better at... love all your techniques , keep it coming!!!! Beautiful Brookie is so photogenic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm SO loving your eclectic mixes on your retreat pages, Julie! What gorgeous pages! And great tips, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Such fabulous lo's! I love the way you did the banner in the first and the 'family' one is such an eye-catcher...nice rich colors, design, and awesome pic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for sharing this post. You got a LOT done. I think each of your pages is unique and very pretty. Such an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am truly amazed at how much you got done---I am the opposite, but for an upcoming retreat, I am planning to attempt an entire vacation album! Thanks for the inspiration---your layouts are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow all the layouts you shared yesterday and today are so beautiful! Keep 'em coming, they are so inspirational :)

    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Julie, you go girl! I always love all the little bits and layers you have in your layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are inspiring me so much to use some of the stuff I hoard. We all take something different away from things like this. I'm realizing that I'm keeping way too much stuff. I need to use it!

    You KNOW how much I love every single one of these and every single tip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Busy, busy, busy! I don't know how you do it! LOVE these! The misting is yum-o! Oh! And I have those same kraft butterflies! LOVE the way you've used so many on this one layout! They last forever ;).

    ReplyDelete
  15. These turned out great and as usual I am totally impressed with your techniques, pages and all around awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How nice to get an insight in how you work Julie! Love to read how you work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. All I can say is WOW! You are one heck of a creative machine.

    Hugs,
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have my coffee and I just had to see what was on Julie's blog today! Oh WOW!! Love them all!! What a great idea using the business cards..way too cute! Gosh if I had to do that many layouts it would be a photo and a sticker on each one, not the amazingly detailed layouts you did! WOW..(can i say that again?)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great LO's and tips, Julie. Thanks for your sweet cheer in the Berry71beu comments!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow...you are amazing!! Love these layouts!
    Thanks for your tips!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wonderful wonderful pages!!! and way to get lots done!!! LOVE LOVE the misting on the top page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You have some awesome layouts here. They all look fabulous. and thanks for sharing some of you tips. I need all the help I can get..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love, love all these layouts! The fairy cards are so cute and isn't it amazing how a page out of a book, all crumpled up and inked can make such a fab background!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. And this is why you are so inspiring!! Love your "How to's" for getting it all done. Love that you just grab whatever is in your tote and have at it! Journaling spots... duh... super great ideas here Julie!! You have mojo'ed me to get scrappin' in a much faster way!!
    So glad you had fun and you got so much done!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Doesn't it feel great using up bits that have been around forever?!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fab pages. I really love the dictionary page. I like to use journaling cards now too instead of alpha stickers. Great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful family pages Julie!! Love reading all your thoughts too!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. i love the family photo. :)

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, you had a super productive retreat! Your layouts are amazing, so many wonderful techniques :) I really love the mising on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fantastic jobs on the layouts! You really use your embellishments while I just look at mine and wonder what to do with them!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I dont know how you did all of them at the retreat!!! But they are gorgeous!!! You are superduper amazing!!!! Very inspiring indeed Julie... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow four more wonderful layout. I love them all. The paper must have just been flying at that retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, great layouts! Some really fun ones, loving all the techniques and great products, and WOW on all that you got done that weekend! I need one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a great week of posts idea! You are truly amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hello Julie, I thought it was high time I come and pay your blog a visit. I see you EVERYWHERE! You follow/comment on so many of the same blogs I do that I figured I really should stop by and say hello :) Glad I did, now I know that you are a scrappy super woman too. Great insights you've shared, and fun layouts too. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love seeing all of the pages from your retreat Julie!! The misted banner on the first one is awesome and I love that you used the fun Orange mist!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Well such nice layouts!! you should pace yourself as you might run out lol!! who am I kidding you have 20 more to go!! you are a champ!!

    your daughter is a doll!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. How awesome are these! Love the cutout flowers from the business cards.....they match the flowers in the photo! Brookie is soooooo cute! :)

    P/s: You're killing me with the airbrush gun technique...I must I must...wait for a sale...lol

    ReplyDelete
  39. More amazing pages, Julie! I'm looking forward to the next installment in your blog series :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. WOW Julie, these are all awesome!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Fabulous creation! They are all so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Still can't believe how many layouts you can do in such a short period!!! They are AWESOME!!! LOVE the misting in the top one and fun to see that family photo from a few years back!! (=

    ReplyDelete
  43. So creative Julie, love your tip using a journalling tag or quote for the title. All your layouts look great!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I LOVE that you didn't stick to one particular style and just created each layout based on what the pics called for. GORGEOUS misting too :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. More fantastic layouts, Julie! I ADORE the top one with the double misting. Going to try and forget that you told me about the copics/airbrushing. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  46. More great pages!! Love the masked banner on the first page! PS...I didn't submit to that call we chatted about. I'm rooting for you though! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  47. They look awesome! You must have some great stash LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  48. More gorgeousness!!! Great misting on the first!!! And loooove all the butterflies on the third. Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  49. great pages. i was thinking about the whole thicker frenzy last weekend when I cropped. I have soooo many, and when i think about how many I actually use, it's minimal. and I'm all about using things that are not meant for scrapping on pages. great use of that business card. cool!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)