Saturday, September 8, 2012

Day six of "How does she do it?"

Hi everyone!!!

It's day six of my week long post of sharing tips/techniques and sharing my projects that I made on my scrappy retreat a few weekends ago --- here is a recap from Monday .....


I have decided to dedicate this entire week to sharing a little into my scrappy world and how I get it all done .... A couple of weekends ago, my friend Krista and I headed up to Payson, Arizona for a scrappy retreat and during that weekend (Friday afternoon till Sunday afternoon), I made 27 layouts, 67 cards and 1 altered project --- and since I shared HOW MANY projects I got done in that one weekend -- I have had several people leave me comments on my posts and also emailed me asking me, "How do you do it Julie?" 

So this week, I will be sharing my layouts and cards that I made that weekend, giving some insight to how I create so fast, giving some tips and sharing everything that isn't DT assignments... :)

The full story of what/why I am sharing this week -- see Monday's post! :) 

Today I am sharing some of the cards I made on my scrappy retreat!!! :)


In my tool tote bag that I mentioned Monday I had a TON of 6x6 papers that have just accumulated over the years --- I don't even know the manufacturers that they came from at this point...

But they are still good papers and great for cards!!! I had 8 1/2 X 11 inch Kraft cardstock with me in my rolling tote and 5 1/2 X 5/12 inch envelopes --- so with each sheet of Kraft cardstock, I was able to make two cards -- one is 5x5 inches and the other is a lot smaller than my 5X5 cards --- but they still worked out!!!

I used a TON of stash on my cards --- most don't have a theme -- just tired of not having any 'everyday' cards around when I need them! :)

My tip/technique for my cards --- again I can't stress this enough -- don't over think your pages/cards!! Someone who receives a card from you won't care what papers you used, the level of skill you used -- they will just care that you sent them a handmade card!!!! :)

For most of these, I just started grabbing from my HUGE pile of stash that I was trying to eliminate from my tool tote bag that I touched on in Monday's post! :)

These are all really clean and simple -- but I love them just the same!!!! And I am sure whoever gets them will love them too! :)












Thanks for sticking with me this week!!!! One more day and I will be sharing the last of my cards that I made on my scrappy retreat!!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :)

39 comments:

  1. A-mazing! Cards are fun, I find, to make & such a sense of satisfaction using up those bits & pieces...I NEVER have enough. Think there's a card eating monster lurking somewhere!!!!:):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These creations of yours are simply amazing! So much beauty here! So creative and perfect use of your art supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of those cards. What a cool Christmas gift idea you have given me. I have so many embellishments and paper...could make a bunch of cards to send as a gift to to family members!! I think I see one that is not sitting on my table!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wahooooooo!!!!

    that's a crazy amount of cards and they are most fabulous....happy happy saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I second everything Amy says!!! :):):) You are amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you have cards for the next few months!! That's amazing they are so lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are like a well oiled super talented scrapping machine! Love em all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What are you Robo Scrapper??? OMGosh girl! I love ALL of these cards! Did you come back with any leftovers or did you mange to use up all of your scraps you brought with you? And while IO am thinking about it, do you have some sort of system when you scrap? Like do you go ahead and make cards with leftovers from a layout or do you toss them in a basket and go on a stash busting spree and make cards and tags every so often??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute cards! I hate making cards but you make it seem like it could be fun if you just get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so you have been a busy lady!!! great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am just beyond amazed (I mean, my jaw is touching the floor.) at how much you were able to accomplish in one scrappy weekend! These are fantastic! I would've been talking too much to get anything done. LOL! You put me to shame ;).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Diggin' those cards, girl! Super ideas as to how to use up that stash!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cards are such a great way to use up those last random bits!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love them all, Julie! Thanks for sharing. You've inspired me to start making more cards! I'm sure you're right and everyone loves your cards because they're handmade by you!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW WOW WOW!!!!! i love the free spirit one :)

    *i want to lock you in my craft room for a week so you can use my stuff up and give me a "good" reason to tell hubby i need/want more goodies!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. just sooo brilliant cardt's
    xx carla

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are super woman, can't believe how much beautiful work you could squeeze out in a short period of time! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So unbelievable that is for sure...yes we need to craft together...lol
    Thanks for sharing all week long with us

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are some adorable cards Julie and you rocked it, getting that many done!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOWZERS!!!!!! I know I have said this to you lots of times but you just blow me away! I really am trying to not over think things but I do. Love all your cards and I know that who ever receives them will be blessed :)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are all soooooooo FAB Julie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. sooo many cards!!! Way to go!!! you were on a roll!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. hahahahahha, I am never speechless but this time I really am, you are so amazing, I will never know how you get so much done... amazing cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wozer those are some beeeuuuteeeful cards! You are so right about over thinking a card. I make beautiful cards for my mother in law and she always says they are too pretty to toss. I feel like I am causing stress for people who hate clutter. LOL She really doesn't mine clutter but some people do.
    Thanks for sharing all your pretty cards.

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow Jules you really are a creative genius ... magic in those fingers .. hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  26. amazing julie!
    Thanks for letting us have a peek into your creative life ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  27. You just continue to WOW me my friend. these are amazing.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fantabulous and gorgeous cards Julie... I love them all... I'm just like Linda...You never failed to WOW me...hugs...xoxo

    Enjoy your 2 S!!!...xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. GREAT tip Julie! People do LOVE to receive cards--i try and send EVERY lady in the congregation at church a birthday card--I make them and if I didn't send them they would NEVER get used. I have had SO many ladies come up to me and thank me--I LOVE to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. WoooooooWWWWWWW!!! Am-a-za-zing!!!! Love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. You must feel great having such a lovely selection of cards to hand now Julie - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  32. More AWESOMENESS! I remember the light bulb from SIS days! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  33. You did an AMAZING job on all of these cards. Each one is gorgeous! I can't believe you got all of them one in ONE retreat. I went to a crop the other day and got ONE page done. TOTAL. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow!!! I am amazed at all of the great and different details!

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a great tip, Julie - don't overthink it! Perhaps that is why cards are such a struggle for me. Yours are all so good! Cannot believe you made all of these in such a short time. They are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  36. These are amazing! I love having everyday cards on hand....pretty useful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)