Sunday, September 9, 2012

Day seven (and the FINAL day!!) of "How does she do it?"

Hi everyone!!!

It's day seven (And the FINAL day!!!!) of my week long post of sharing tips/techniques and sharing my projects that I made on my scrappy retreat a few weekends ago --- here is a recap from Monday .....

I have decided to dedicate this entire week to sharing a little into my scrappy world and how I get it all done .... A couple of weekends ago, my friend Krista and I headed up to Payson, Arizona for a scrappy retreat and during that weekend (Friday afternoon till Sunday afternoon), I made 27 layouts, 67 cards and 1 altered project --- and since I shared HOW MANY projects I got done in that one weekend -- I have had several people leave me comments on my posts and also emailed me asking me, "How do you do it Julie?" 

So this week, I will be sharing my layouts and cards that I made that weekend, giving some insight to how I create so fast, giving some tips and sharing everything that isn't DT assignments... :)


Today I am sharing the last of the cards I made on my scrappy weekend retreat!!! :)

Brookie's sixth birthday is in October -- and I will be having her birthday party at our house... we are going to be doing crafts with the kids!! Should be a TON of fun!! I have gotten a lot of ideas from Pinterest and from my friend Cindy!!! I can't wait!!!! :)

Well for a kids birthday party --- you need Invites and thank you cards for the gifts!!! So this is what I worked on at the scrappy retreat!!! I used Nikki Sivils "It's Your Day" papers for the invites and I used Bella Blvd. for the thank you cards!!! 

For my tip/technique for these cards --- don't forget these are cards that are going to be given to kids!! They won't care if they are fancy or perfect or anything else in between -- they will care that Brookie is asking them to her party :) So if you ever make your own kids invites, keep that in mind :)


I was going to dig for alpha stickers for the "You're invited" but then decided it would take too long and too many alphas for that (I made 15 invites) so I made it easier on myself and just hand wrote it on each one! :)



 




And just like the cards yesterday -- I used 8 1/2 X 11 inch Kraft cardstock for my base and I had 5 1/2 X 5 1/2 inch envelopes to go with them --- so I made the invites 5X5 inches and with the left over cardstock on each one I made 15 thank you cards for the gifts Brookie will get for her birthday! :) 

I am not going to share all 15 Thank you cards I made -- as they all had these same designs -- all the papers and stamp are Bella Blvd. :)


Tina left me a comment yesterday and asked me this...

Did you come back with any leftovers or did you mange to use up all of your scraps you brought with you? And while I am thinking about it, do you have some sort of system when you scrap? Like do you go ahead and make cards with leftovers from a layout or do you toss them in a basket and go on a stash busting spree and make cards and tags every so often?

When I started this series 7 days ago -- I stated that I had a goal at my scrappy retreat -- DT work first, then I worked on these Birthday invites and Birthday thank you cards  --- and then I started on my 'tool' tote bag -- it was a MESS!! Seriously people... I am totally OCD and I was completely upset with myself on what a mess I had made out of my tool tote bag ... this bag was FULL to the brim of STUFF upon stuff upon stuff upon stuff -- it was crazy!!!

So the goal I had that weekend was to completely CLEAN out my bag of the embellies, the papers, the buttons, the brads, the STUFF I just had shoved in my bag over the years... And by the end of the weekend -- I had ACCOMPLISHED my GOAL!!!!!! My bag now only had some random alpha stickers, Sharpies, scissors, glue, adhesives etc!!!!! GOAL ACCOMPLISHED!!!

And to answer the second part of Tina's question --- I do have a method to my scrapping -- I have two ways I keep my papers organized -- I keep all my BlueMoonScrapbooking.com DT packages together by month -- and then I have everything else separated by manufacturer in LARGE Ziploc baggies --- this way I have everything all ready to grab at a moments notice.

If I ever have leftovers from my layouts, I throw them back into the large Ziploc bag they came from -- either BlueMoonScrapbooking.com DT bag, or the manufacturer I used at that time -- and if I do want to make a card -- my scraps are always in my large Ziploc baggies :)

This is the system that works for me :) Besides this weeks projects, you will usually see me working with one manufacturer on my pages (maybe two - sometimes! lol!!) --- so my system makes it easier for me to grab what I want to work with -- it also makes it easier for me to go to crops ... as everything is all ready in bags and ready to put in my rolling tote and go! :)


So there you have it -- seven days of my sharing some tips and techniques that I used on creating all my cards and layouts from my scrappy retreat!!! I hope I helped some of you with my ideas!!!!



Thanks for taking this journey with me this week!!!



Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :)

39 comments:

  1. OH! MY! Goodness... All these invites & the envelopes to match are AWESOME WTG Julie!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how the invites are all slightly different....how cool for the kids to get that!! Interesting how you store your goodies. I sort mine into colours, mostly - but keep some 'packages' together as well. Consequently i get in a mess 'cos I can't find stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them all Julie... Simply Gorgeous....!!!! You are simply amazing!!! Hugs ....xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome inivites Julie! Great tip not to get too detailed , I bet the kids are going to love these!! There is so much detail already in the Nikki Sivils papers! Love them all !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, Julie! Your cards inspire me...a terrific way to use an entire sheet of 12x12 AND increase a stash of cards ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards!! And I love how all the invites aren't identical :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute invitations! And thanks for the shout-out! I can't wait to see which of my kids' crafts Brooke and friends make. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! These are just the cuteset invite and thank you cards ever! Love all of them. I am so amazed at everything that you created on your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so creative Julie! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know all the guests will love their invites.How fun and you are right about them not caring if there crooked or not just that their invited...lol
    I use to work by manufacturer also and bags. I need to do better to get myself crafting again on layouts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all your creations from the whole week!! good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great goal and so wonderful that you accomplished it! Ya keep me motivated! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderful cards and LOVE how you shared everything this week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've really inspired me to dig into my stash Julie & get my drawers cleared!! Woohoooooooo to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing my friend. So many fabulous cards. Truly inspiring.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad you took the time to share all of your layouts, projects and tips Julie!! These cards are so fun and perfect for kids!! I need to get some of hose jumbo Ziplock bags for my papers...that is a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute little invites! And yay for having a bday party for Brookie! Have FUN!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, I still think this is amazing~ A huge amount of work done .. and look at the rewards! Loving these invites .. and all your weekend's work! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the bag idea to keep products organized and the leftovers for cards. Great plan. So mandy great ideas this week. Thank you Julie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love, love, love these cute little invitations and notes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. truly amazing how much artwork you create! always so inspiring Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'd say you did a fabulous job of using up a ton of embellies. We have something in common too. I only use on manu. at a time on layouts also. At least for paper and stickers, I add a lot of bits and pieces but that's the easy part it's mixing and matching that I find difficult, so I keep it easy and store/use my product by manufacture & collection. Thanks for sharing Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  23. yahooooo...such an awesome feature! You are always so very super productive!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julie! Such a great idea about the birthday invites! It's so true! The kids just want to be invited! I'll have to remember that this year :) I am so interested in reading your tips! You got so much done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your b-day invites are so adorable! Your handwriting is so pretty! Totally get the problem with all thise alphas to spell out those invites. It would take a half a dy to do. I like at you added the personal touch with your writing. It's cute in the blue too! I am going back to read all your tips. I have been mia in blog land. Catching up now! Take care Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Using your handwriting on the invites was a great idea. Congrats on cleaning out your bag of scrappy goods. Now it's time to fill the bag up with more embellishments for you next projects!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your invites are super CUTE!!! Dare I say I just sent out EVITES )= (sigh) My crafty time is being taken over with LIFE! (= GREAT week of tips and inspiration!!! (=

    ReplyDelete
  28. Super sweet invites. Thanks for sharing your tips and tricks with us.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have gone through 2500+ blog post and I saw you were sharing HOW YOU DO IT!!! I'm bookmarking these posts and coming back to them so I can read it and take notes:)

    LOVE these cards! FUN papers and great design! FAB x10:)

    ReplyDelete
  30. This week has been awesome! My favorite tip/technique was how you get little splotches of mist on your papers. I had never thought to unscrew the spray nozzle! So excited to try this! Awesome work Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Two words. Production machine.
    *Big smile*

    ReplyDelete
  32. you ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    so when is miss brookies bday?
    mine is in oct also :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Absolutely loved your week of posts, Julie! Thanks for sharing all your projects, tips, and techniques. Your invites and thank you's are adorable, and I so love that you used up ALL your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  34. So many fab cards and thanks for the organization tips!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. I loved reading about your process throughout this series. It's always fun to see how others go about their crafting routine. THe invites and thank yous were a great way to use up scraps! The party sounds like it will be super fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)