Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My OLW for 2012 ....and some important blogger help for my friends... :):):):)

Hi everyone :)

On Monday, our latest challenge went live over on LESSology :):):):) This time we want to see an inspirational board :):):):):) New Year, New inspiration :):):):):):)

I decided to take a different approach to my inspiration board :) I have chosen "HOPE" as my OLW (One Little Word) for 2012, and so I decided to take a wood clipboard that I had and alter it to include one of my all time fave quotes (from the movie Hope Floats) and have this be my inspirational board for 2012 :)



Here is the quote that I used: "Childhood is what you spend the rest of your life trying to overcome. That's what mama always says. She says that beginnings are scary, endings are usually sad, but it's the middle that counts the most. Try to remember that when you find yourself at a new beginning. Just give hope a chance to float up. And it will..."

Used Lily Bee papers and alphas on my clipboard :):):):)



And our sponsor is AWESOME for our challenge this time :):):):):):)

(click on the above image and it will take you to their site) :):):)

Prize: 2 Spools of Baker's Twine of your choice. There are 13 colors to choose from.


 Wowwwwwwwwwwww! I wish I was able to get that prize!! :):):):):):):):)


Can't wait to see what you all make :):):):):):)


And now for the blogger help (sorry to my WordPress and TypePad friends....I am not verse in those...so this is for Google Bloggers only) :):):):):):):)

A few months ago I went to refresh my Blog and it was GONE... like telling me it not longer existed ... it took me an hour to figure out (digging through the blogger help section... which isn't always user friendly or very helpful...lol) that all Google wanted was my phone number to re-activate my account... WHY do they need this??? From the steps that I am going to share with you... it looks like they want your CELL number as a 'security' measure if they ever need to text you a password.... doesn't make sense to me... but sadly, I don't make Google's policies... I am just trying to help you all save your blogs :):):):):):):):) So after giving my number to them... POOF! My blog was back... just like that... very odd... but as they say, "Big brother is always watching" ... lol! :):):):)

So before it happens to you, I wanted to show you a step by step on how to give Google your phone number to (hopefully!) avoid this issue :):):):):) If you are worried about your phone number being out there in the world wide web... just know that it's actually harder to locate/trace cell phone numbers... etc etc etc...

First go to Blogger.com ... in the top right corner you will see "My Account" ... click on that :)  (PS... to see any of my images bigger, click on them)

Next you should be on the "Account Overview" page... over to the right I want you to click on "Change Recovery Options"

Next you will see a section called "SMS" ... this is where you will enter your phone number --- in my example the part that your number goes looks white... that is because my phone number was on my example and I erased it (love you all.... but don't want to share my cell number on my blog...lol!)
Click on "EDIT" then give them your number and hit save :)

And seriously... after just doing that one little step -- your blog should be safe :):):):) I can't make any promises of course ;) cause Google might change their minds and throw another problem in the mix in the future... I just know that after it happened to me and I gave them my number, my blog was back :):):):)


I have given this advice to other bloggers that also lost their blogs... and as soon as they gave their number...their blogs were back also :):):):)

I know a lot of people are leery about giving out their phone number... but just know that Google isn't making this public, it's in your account settings under "Security" :):):):):):)


Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :):):)

53 comments:

  1. Great quote and a beautiful inspiration board, J :)

    Thanks for the info on blogger. Scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your inspiration board - as you know I'm fond of text/alphas and the quote in all it's coloured alphas is so beautiful!!! The google/blogger story made me even more stubborn - I'm not on blogger and facebook - their privaticy policy is way out of line in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly AWESOME quote. WOW. So true ...so so true. Love your OLW. Can I borrow it? I think its what I need. Anyway, THANKS SO MUCH for the blogger info. Followed all the steps and added my phone number and fingers crossed we dont have issues . Many thanks for taking the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovve love love your board...that's alotta alpha stickers:) Hmmm....blogger, I gotta tell you...sometimes they are so frustrating, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it...you turned a clipboard into a piece of ART! Also, thanks for the help on blogginess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is good information to know so I can pass it on... just had a friend last week saying she had totally lost her blog as well. I think I have mine set up for mobile blogging, and I hope that's enough... I really do need to download the .xml file more regularly for backing the blog up. That canvas board? Sooo amazing. It looks like a piece of art.. I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow love love love your inspiration board...and thanks for the info on the missing blog...
    I HOPE you have an awesome day!!

    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. love love love this Julie sure is inspiring ... hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, my jaw is just hanging open at your clipboard project, Julie! What a fabulous quote and I LOVE how you created it with the tiny alpha stickers. This is just AMAZING!
    And I'm so sorry about your blog scare. I've heard so many people going through this same issue. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGoodness Julie, this clipboard is absolutely wonderful! love the quote and LOVE how you designed everything, awesome job!

    Thanks for the tip about blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on being the Nikki Sivils DT Blog Coordinator!! Woot!! What a fab project here too! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. what an amazing clipboard! i think that's a great idea to put your OLW up and out to share with everyone! best of luck to you on your Hope journey this year :)

    thanks so much for the blogger info too! very good to know and i certainly do not want my blog to disappear!

    have a great day!!!!

    xo
    sarabeth

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW... WOW!! I love your inspiration board and the quote is sooooo good. I might have to borrow this quote as I like it so, so, so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your clipboard!! Hope Floats is one of my favorite movies!! =)

    http://julies-thisandthat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your board! Good luck with your word- it's a great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Julie, Happy New Year to you and your family in 2012!!! I love your word this year and HOPE it is all you dream it can be.....what do you HOPE for this year? I would love to hear more......I love your board too!! I was going to do a 12x12 but may need to do this for my OLW for 2012. Anyway, I wanted to ask you a quick question about your blog? How easy it is do design a blog like yours? I tried several years ago with SIStv to redesign mine and didnt'get very far...somethings are so challenging to me? I would love to have something a little more friendly and if I can get my personal one changed then will look at getting my new one up...that is in the working phase still. Glad that Brookie is feeling better too....I just hate when our kiddos are down and under as crocodile Steve used to say...hehe. Hugs and love being sent to you from Texas!!! Di 817-919-3310

    ReplyDelete
  17. Julie, Happy New Year to you and your family in 2012!!! I love your word this year and HOPE it is all you dream it can be.....what do you HOPE for this year? I would love to hear more......I love your board too!! I was going to do a 12x12 but may need to do this for my OLW for 2012. Anyway, I wanted to ask you a quick question about your blog? How easy it is do design a blog like yours? I tried several years ago with SIStv to redesign mine and didnt'get very far...somethings are so challenging to me? I would love to have something a little more friendly and if I can get my personal one changed then will look at getting my new one up...that is in the working phase still. Glad that Brookie is feeling better too....I just hate when our kiddos are down and under as crocodile Steve used to say...hehe. Hugs and love being sent to you from Texas!!! Di 817-919-3310

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE this!!! I love Hope Floats, I just watched it last week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your word and your clipboard is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looove your take on the inspiration board challenge. The colors are so fun & bright. And thanks for the info about blogger too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your board is so pretty, and I need to check on my blogger settings!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your inspirational clipboard, what a fabulous quote. Thanks for sharing the blogger information.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your inspiration for the inspiration board is awesome. Wonderful altered project!

    Thank You for the sweet comment on my blog

    Cheers from Bangalore, India
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. love the clip board idea~so cute and great advice, it worked for me!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your board!!!! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. AWESOME clipboard! thanks for the tip on the blog thing--totally going to go and do that now!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh I love your inspiration board! Using a clipboard is a great idea!!! BTW, thanks for the blogger tips. I'll have to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOVE, LOVE that clipboard... what a great way to remind yourself of your word for the year!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I popped over to say congrats! Just came from the NS blog. Yay!

    Re: blogger. Yes, I have heard others give the same advice but I LOVED that you actually showed what to do. That would really give someone a heart attack, I tell you. Thanks for being so helpful.

    Beautiful board you made. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. heehee...congrats on the team! LOL hugs, Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your word!! and the clipboard that you created is awesome! Thanks for the tip. I already did it!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your 2012 olw!! Great clipboard. Thanks for the blogger tip too!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your inspiration board! Love the banners, the text and fun strip of "hope" tickets! :)

    I gave blogger my cellphone # when they introduced the 2 step verification program. Actually it safeguards you from people hacking into your account. Pretty much like buying online with your credit card, they send you a pin which expires in 15 minutes...just enough time for you to complete your transaction. Google has one of the best securities systems in place...though they should revise their parameters for active blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  34. The board turned out amazing!! Wow. My best friend would die for that board. Her like all time fav movie is Hope Floats. I like it okay. But the quote is great. Great pick for your word this year.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Mmmmm, my Blogger doesn't look like that or have those settings. I'll have to dig further for mine.

    thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. That's a great quote! I love the lettering you did...that had to take FOREVER! :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi!!! love your OLW. I'm still not able to pin mine down. great way to make something that will remind you of your word. and congrats on the NS DT gig. read the announcement on FB this morning. can't wait to see the new lines. Hope you are having a wonderful week. =)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh I love that quote! It is wonderful! Thank you for sharing it.
    And that you for sharing the blog info. I checked mine. It had my house phone but I changed it to my cell. My cell does always work here at the house. We are to far from towers and there is a big hill near by. I sure hope the doesn't happen. Thanks sooooooo much sweet lady.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love your altered clipboard so very pretty!!
    We are altering some this Sat. for dd Bday!! Then they are having a pedicure! Long story it will be on my blog about this.
    You rock for sharing all this with us!!
    Thanks you so much!!
    You never know when one of us might need this!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love your word and the clipboard and quote from Hope Floats ... both gorgeous and inspirational.

    Great tip too, I'm hoping not to run into problems (but you never know with blogger) as I'm set up for mobile blogging but I'll know what to do if things go pair shaped :))

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi Julie! Just wanted to stop by and say "HOORAY" for working with you on Nikki's team this year :) You are so full of happiness and inspiration, I'm really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love your clipboard and your 2012 word!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Your clipboard looks amazing. I just love it.. That same thing happened to me while I was on Vacation about a year ago... I got emails from my friends telling me my blog was gone.. It freaked me out, But like you I finally figured it out!! Glad your up and running..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thanks for that tip Julie - I must go in and add my number - I've been meaning to do it! And your board is so colourful and fun - I know you love that quote & will love to see that every day - wow, the prize is fab - will have to see if I have time to enter...

    ReplyDelete
  45. LOVE the board!! What a Great project!!!
    Blogger was giving me issues last night. It completely changed the look of things and I couldn't post. I think I've got things back to normal. Frustrating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Fabulous quote! That was a great movie! Your board Is incredible with the entire quote spelled out to remind you! I like the tix too! Great inspiration indeed! Thx for sharing the phone infor for blogger too!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love your inspiration board Julie! That quote is one of my favs too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. LOVE your inspirational board!!! So fabulous with all those letters and colors! LOVE LOVE LOVE:)

    I don't understand technology--and I'm sorry you had to go through that "missing" blog ordeal! I tried to follow your steps--but I couldn't find the Account Overview button to click. My account looks different? SO WEIRD! EH! I hope that it doesn't happen to me and I hope it doesn't happen to you again! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Such an adorable and inspiring creation!

    ReplyDelete
  50. You saved me when you helped me with that info!!! What a great project.

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love, love, love this!! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  52. So cool! I have an old clipboard that is very long! I have it at work but now I am thinking! Hmmm....maybe I can design something pretty there! My 2012 word is "grateful". Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)