Thursday, January 26, 2012

Birthday gift set... and some info for my friends :):):):):):):)

Hi everyone :):):):):):)

Wanted to share a little gift and card set I made with goodies from Kanban Crafts!!!! :):):):):):):):)

My Mom gave me a candle holder that she didn't want anymore and I thought I would alter it for a birthday gift! :):):):):):) Here is what I started with .......


And here's what I made :):):):)





And just in case any of you didn't get the email... I thought I would share this :)
Official Announcement: Picnik is closing

Since joining Google in 2010, we have been creating editing magic in Google products while continuing to keep Picnik awesome. But now we get to focus on even awesomer things. Picnik will be closing on April 19, 2012.
Your photos liberated
Amazing photos are created in Picnik, so we have launched a new feature, Picnik Takeout, that easily downloads your photos to your desktop in convenient zip files. You may also elect to copy your photos to Google+ where you can store and share your creations. You may request your photos at any time and use this handy tool as many times as you like until our closing date of April 19, 2012. Learn more.
Premium Refunds
To our primo Picnik Premium members, we'll begin processing a full refund of your current membership fee within a week of this announcement. By "in full" we mean the whole darn thing. Yep, this means even if you are on your very last day of an annual membership, we will refund you the entire $24.95. Just because we want to say thanks.
Now the Good News - Free Premium for ALL!
To express our gratitude for your support over the past 5 years, Picnik Premium is free for everyone! Use Picnik in all of its premium glory, for free, from now until our actual closing day. Touch-up, Textures, Advanced, and more are all free for you to use!
We have been incredibly proud of building a product that is used and beloved by so many of you. We continue to be amazed and humbled by the photos you create and we are immensely grateful for all of your support, creativity, and passion.
We are excited by the photo-editing fun we have already brought to Google products, like Google+, where you can find many of your favorite Picnik effects in Creative Kit. We encourage you to visit Google+ and give it a whirl.
Please visit the Help Hub for more information on our wind down, and check the Picnik blog for updated information on our April closure.
It's been awesome,
Team Picnik



 Also... while I was looking at some sites while I was working on fixing my blog... I thought I would share this that I found... I haven't used this site in a long time... But I know that some bloggy friends do - so I wanted to share so you can retrieve your photos before they shut down :):):)  If you can't see what it says... it says that SLIDE.COM is shutting down on March 6th, 2012 ....

Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :):):)


 

51 comments:

  1. What a great gift set! Just soooooo sweet! :)

    Oh yes, I know about slide...have switched to Photobucket for my slideshows. Pity about Picnik though....it's my go-to tool for editing when I'm short on time. My only regret is not paying for the premium features...could have enjoyed those features for free with the 100% refund...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! That is really beautiful, Julie! I love the candle holder and the card! What a great way to re-purpose things you might not have a need for anymore!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the vase & card are beautiful! That was truly crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the candle holder! Another great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks amazing!!!!Thanks for the info:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! happy birthday!!!

    thanks for the scoop too!

    : .)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty altered vase and your card is gorgeous!!!
    Thanks for the picnik info I did hear about it but dont remember how or where?
    Thanks for the reminder that is so sweet!
    Have a fabulous Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Job Julie! It is even prettier now and combined with the card that is sure to make your friend smile!!!
    :)
    Deb♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. My gosh you are so creative! The vase and card are just so beautiful. Your friend is one lucky person!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous project you made, Julie!!!

    Thanks for stoping by my blog and leaving such sweet comments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a fantastic job on your project!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great gift set! Beautifully made.... [made with love :)] I totally love it Julie... TFS

    Thanks for info.... big hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great candle holder project. Very fun that it coordinates with the card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is lovely! Great job on the vase and card!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. awesome altered candle holders...and nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is beautiful the candle holder with the card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love what you've done with the candle holder and the matching card is so sweet.

    Thanks for the heads up about picnik and slide, I think I still have some layout photos on slide. Off to check :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. love, love, love what you did with the candle holder! Super pretty! So dissappointed about picnik too, I got an email as well :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful idea! So cute!!! Love the coordination with the card!

    When we got the picnik email my dd was shocked - I got her the premium subscription a few years ago for a xmas gift. She's spent hours altering photos. It's a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a fun giftie!!!! I can't believe how many sites are closing down..ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous gift idea, your talents are amazing, take care, enjoy the weekend, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW Julie, you did an awesome job with the candle holder, it looks great!!

    I heard about picnic, that's bad...

    have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The candle holder and card are really pretty! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  24. very elegant gift Julie! Love the softness and the sophistication ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great gift set & so thrifty - well done! What a shame about those sites - lucky for me I don't use them - Picasa better not close though as I live there!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You mom will love this gorgeous gift set! Love that candle. I'm off to watch your flower tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a lovely pair, you are so creative!
    Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a beautiful gift! I'm mourning the loss of Picnik.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gosh Julie.. those pinks and purples are surely gorgeous. Such a wonderful crafty gift idea! I just love it!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a beautiful way to recycle! Love your card it is so pretty and your candle holder turned out so Pretty too:)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  31. That is so cute!! I love it...so is PicNik and Picasa the same? I use Picasa but it also shows Picnik on it? Was just wondering if you knew!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Visiting your blog for the first time! I've seen you posting on several other friends blogs (like Michelle H.)so just wanted to say "hi"
    Very creative what you did with the vase!
    And I am pretty bummed about Picnik closing!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a fabulous project. I love the way they coordinate. Great before and after pics. Amazing work you did there.

    I was bummed about Picnik, I tell ya! That was a very disappointing email.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your vase & card are just gorgeous!! What a great gift! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Julie, I just have to tell you how much it means to me to read your wonderful comments on my blog and on FB. You must be the sweetest person in the world!!! I feel like I know you so well and we've never even met!!

    Thanks for the remarks about my 365 project - it's probably kind of silly if you're not really "into" photography, but I have been "in" it for about 30 years (since I was 2 LOL)

    I see a photography shot in everything and everywhere. It's just one of the loves of my life.

    So, thanks again for stopping by and maybe we can hook up and actually do something together some day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Just got your comment...thanks:):) And you've been making a card too! Love, love, love your colours.... I think I'm a bright girl at heart:):)

    ReplyDelete
  37. YAY!!!! What a fantastic gift set!!!! Sooooo beautiful!!!! :):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh that is stunning. Lucky person who recieved that holder! its perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a beauty and what an amazing gift!! This Candle holder is really wonderful!!!

    Love from The Netherlands,
    Leintje*

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love what you did with the candle holder!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I cannot even begin to say how bummed I was when I got that picnik email. I am so not good with my photoshop other than basic editing & love how easy picnik is to use. Also love the collage feature! No, no, no! They can't close! I am pouting... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a beautiful set Julie! Thanks for sharing the site! I am off to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  43. WOW! This is a super fun gift--and I LOVE that it's recycled! Beautiful papers! And I just found Picnik--sad it's closing!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thats so pretty. Great job. You are officially crowned the alterin' queen. :)

    I'm bummed about picknic too. Stinks.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wow..that candle is amazing!!! Didn't know Slide was closing too... I had layouts on there..but I have the orig layout pics, so I'm all good. I ended up removing all my slide shows cuz they slowed down my blog so much!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)