Saturday, November 19, 2011

Hanging Mobile for LESSology using Nikki Sivils Gingerbread Land (with tutorial!) :):):):)

Hi everyone :)

****I wasn't able to give an update on Brookie's surgery until late yesterday... you can see my post HERE***** :):):)

A couple of days ago - my DT project for the latest LESSology challenge was live on their blog... and I wanted to share it here too... this time we want to see a hanging mobile :)

I actually wasn't going to do the hanging mobile challenge...as I couldn't figure out an idea for this one...then one day I was looking through a catalog that came in my mail... and LOOKY there -----inspiration from a catalog :):):):):)


Of course, mine's not solar powered lol!! But I have some ornaments that my Mom painted for me several years ago... and I thought.. I can do something like this! So, I did! :)

This is what I started out with :)


The round box is a box I found at Michaels awhile ago - since the lid was missing - I got it on clearance for dirt cheap ;) Gotta love a bargain :) Before I put an paper on the round box, I poked holes in it to make room for my wires :)
I used a pencil to wrap the wire around to give it the curly look :):):)

I thought Nikki's Gingerbread Land was perfect for my mobile :):):)

And here is my mobile all put together :)

For the punch outs that I placed on top - I used my X-acto knife to cut a slit in the round box and then just carefully put the punch outs in the slit to stand them up :)



The punch outs were also very easy to glue onto my Mom's ornaments and to cover the part where my curly wires met up with the ornament hooks - I simply glued the punch outs to cover those spots! :)





You can see in this photo that I added paper on the under side of the round box :) Since this is hanging up high -- I wanted to make sure that the kraft side wouldn't show :) Also you can see in this photo that all I did was push my curly wires through the holes I had poked in the beginning and then I just gathered the wires at the top and twisted them all together to stay in place :)








And you ain't gonna believe this... but Nikki Sivils is sponsoring this challenge with the EXACT line that I used on my mobile!! I didn't know that when I first started making this! LOL!! Talk about irony!!




Our Prize for this challenge - The "Gingerbread Lane" Kit



Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :):):)

36 comments:

  1. Julie that is THE CUTEST idea ever!! I am so going to have to steal this one....that is if you don't care:) LOVE it so much!! Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooooo cute...who can resist all those fun gingerbread peeps?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so, so, so, so cool, Julie!! Such a fun idea and so darn adorable, too. Love the base that you used and the little cut outs just make me smile. Having the curly wire adds so much great detail, too, and I adore that ornaments your mom painted. What a treasure this is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! great project for the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Positively brilliant!!!!!!!

    and thinking and praying for Miss Brookie - hope she has a rapid recovery

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOLY CRAP JULIE!!!!!!

    I LOVE THIS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are going to have all your Christmas decorations complete before Thanksgiving, girl! This is just too fun! LOVE all the extras you poured into every last detail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous, love it, take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable and so clever!!! Love the little scene on the top!! Hope Brookie is feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolute cuteness!! Great job you did - just love the little standing-up bits & the curly wire - it's so unique & FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is fantastic! I really should pull my finger out and try to at least attempt something like this! You sure have done a fabulous job here!!! And that is such a coincidence isn't it! LOL! GORGEOUS!!! :) :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it!! Such a fantastic idea and you've done it beautifully. I haven't tackled a lessology challenge yet so might have to give this one a go. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous Julie... you are awesome... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW this is an amazing project Julie! So fun and colorfull, I think it looks great in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope Brookie is in less pain by now... I just read the Friday post ánd this one - it's a great mobile Julie! Great thinking! I guess I should order more catalogs myself from now on - love the inspiration you got out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. well, as usual, this is so cute!
    how is Brookie feeling?
    i hope you guys had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. HOW SUPER CUTE!!!! this is such a great idea and not just for the holidays-way to go once again julie :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE your mobile! The decorated top is so cute! It adds so much :)

    I hope Brookie is doing better. Poor little peanut.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow that is for sure sooooo fantastic !!!


    hugs carla

    ReplyDelete
  20. That gotta be the cutest hanging mobile, just amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my stars... I am speechless. This is perfect in every way!! I just love every little detail..

    Hope your little sweetheart is feeling better..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ohh poor thing!! But I'm glad that hs eis doing better!!!!! Prayers for your lttle Brookie!!!

    I love the mobile--its such a clever idea...wow, really!

    Oh and Breaking Dawn----omg--it was sooooo romantic--I was in tears most of the beginning..I'm such a sap!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh too cute! But I'm so disappointed that it's not solar powered...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing and so clever!!
    Very fun and you really rocked that mobile!!
    Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You're so creative, this project is fabulous!
    Thinking of you and Brookie <3

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my stars! This is AMAZING. You are soooooo creative. I couldn't love this more. FAB!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a clever design. Love the NS paper and the colors. Wishing you and your family a Happy Turkey Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Julie, you completely hit a HOME RUN!!! Yours looks wayyyyyyy better than the solar powered one too.. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE your mobile.. so amazing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is really darling! Well-done, friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow Julie!! This is fantastic!!!!! I totally have to make one of these!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)