Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Altered jar for Brookie's teacher...and Halloween pics :):):):)

Hi everyone! :)

I wanted to share my DT altered jar I made for the latest challenge at LESSology :):):)

I had so much fun making my altered jar! Recently Brookie's director of her daycare got transferred to another daycare, and I had a little trinket jar sitting around and I thought I would dress it up and add some Hershey's kisses too! (can't ever hurt to have chocolate added to any gift, right?) :):):)

This is what  I started with :):):)

And here is what I made for her :):):)

I used Nikki Sivils "School is Cool" line on this :):):)


Hope you all can play along :):):):):)


Here is our sponsor information for this challenge :):):):)


Our Sponsor is the awesome Paper Bakery Kit Club


Have you heard of The Paper Bakery? If not, you are missing out! The Paper Bakery Kit Club offers unique Project Kits that be completed in a snap with the detailed, colored instructions that are included in each kit. The Owner and Designer, Sarah Hill, offers an array of projects from mini albums to banners for your home. Along with the Project Kit, The Paper Bakery Kit Club also offers a fabulous Add-On kit that coordinates with the Project Kit. Make sure to visit the Blog for fun scrappy ideas, the Gallery for some inspiration, and the Kit Club to Join today!!

Gallery - http://sarahspaperbakery-gallery.blogspot.com/

Prize $20 off ANY single kit or First Month's subscription price
Picture of their beautiful kits




And I wanted to share our Halloween photos too :):):):):):):)  So the blond wig for Brookie was a BUST! :( It was totally cheap and when I tried to gets the kinks/knots out of it, it tore the inside (where the cap is)....so we had to abandon that idea and move on to being a Barbie Princess Fairy! :):):):):) Hey... whatever works, right?!?!?! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Here is Mr. Dandy in his Sheriff Woody (from Toy Story) costume :):):):)





And before we headed over to the parents house for dinner and trick or treating...we stopped by my dear friend Sherry's house to show off Brookie and Mr. Dandy :):):):):):):)

I think I look VERY tired in this pic... well I am tired...lol...just not used to looking that way! lol! :)

My kids and Sherry's grandkids (her granddaughters looked SO BEAUTIFUL!) :):):):):):):)

Trick or Treating with my in-laws neighbors! :):):):)

Brookie and the neighbor girl play together all the time when we go over to Brian's parents :):):):)

Can you just see the Scrapbook layout title on this one!?!?!?!? LOL! :):):):):):)


Back at the in-laws where the kids got more treats!! :):):):):):)






Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :):):)

42 comments:

  1. Supha SWEET jar, Julie!!! And yummy chocolate too!!! Brookie looks fantastic and it looks like she had a great time! :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the altered jar Julie!!! Great pics from Halloween. Looks like they had lots of fun!!! (=

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just a cute little jar that makes a perfect gift.
    And those pic look so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great little gift jar! i love the Halloween pictures. even Mr. Dandy got in the Halloween spirit. too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that Mr. Dandy. Did he get any treats for his tricks?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I love these pictures!!! And so neat that Sherry is in them too--wow, what a surprise!!! I hope the kids had such a good time...and I love the project you made for Brookie's teacher!
    Xo
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your cute jar...especially the apple...how fun! And Brookie looked fabulous in her costume! And so did Mr Dandy! He's such a sport!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW WEE... I so in love with the jar... its perfect gift !!! Super cute Jar!!! Gotta love that apple with Thanks... Awesome...
    Ahhh Brookie is so darling.... she looks so lovely... and I am enjoying all the photos... Thanks for sharing Julie... hugs..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a cute jar I am sure the teacher loved it! Brookie looked beautiful for Halloween she didn't even need the blonde wig and such cute photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that jar is too cuuuute! and i love your halloween photos. looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great project Julie!! Super sweet photos!!! Maybe next year we can come trick or treating with you guys. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That jar rules! I love altered projects... I need to do one myself! Really inspiring stuff! Great fun pics too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. That jar is adorable and I bet she adored it! What a sweet thing to do for her! I love your Halloween pictures. You have quite the cute Barbie Princess!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the altered jar! What a thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julie..I juet love to came in here and see what are you have done....and I love all those haloween photos, they look fantastic and just a funny family moment.
    I love all you created I see so many wonderful projects.
    My dear friend you are so talented.
    Have a wonderful week.
    Kisses and huges
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good Morning Pretty Lady,

    What awesome piccy's!!!!! BrookieWoleck was of course STUNNING! The absolute most beautiful Barbie fairy ever. I see Adam went as himself, Mr. Handsome, and where was hubby? Was he in costume? I like your very original costume.....Wife and Mother, you got it right! You, however, make a far lovelier Wife & Mother than I do, and you hide the fatigue really well.......LOL

    Love ya'
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! I really, really like that jar! You did a great job with it! The pics are just fab. Such a beautiful Brookie and that sweet dog one is too funny! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely teacher gift idea and your dear little Brookie looks absolutely gorgeous - love the hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brookie's teacher is going to love, love, love her altered jar. Super adorable. And what fun Halloween pics. The kiddos are so cute. And Mr. Dandy looks fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, a holiday post like this always does my heart good!! Love all the fun and the smiles.. and the altered jar you made! Really CUTE!! Happy Halloween wishes to you, and have a great week! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  21. okay, try this again....


    So cute!! I love all the pictures, Brookie looks so cute, and the kit, pictures, they're all so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your altered jar is super duper cute.. What a lucky teach!! And you know Miss Brookie look like a little princes.. she is adorable..

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your halloween pics, Julie! Brookie was so adorable as Barbie, I can see many pages coming from these photos, hehee

    Love the gift you made for the teacher too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute jar.... I may steal that idea!! Love the Halloween pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the Halloween pics!! Brookie makes an adorable Barbie girl!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The jar is adorable and no, you can never go wrong with chocolate!!

    Love those Halloween pics and that ever so coy look Brookie threw the camera!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. fabulous pictures. love how the costume turned out. she's adorable. lots of fun scrapbooking creativity just waiting to happen.. lol.. =)
    and I love how the dog gets in on the action.. so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you for this sweet post!
    Love what you did with the jar ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. The jar is darling...so sweet! And Brookie looks so fancy in her pretty pink dress! And you may have been tired, but you certainly don't look it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. OMG!! I love your jar!!
    I will ty to join in on the challenge!!
    Brookie looks so pretty!!
    Love the photo's of you and the kids and friends!!
    Your dog looks so adorable!!
    TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Truly all treats and no tricks. Love that sheriff Woody and Barbie is a dream.

    Fun to see pics of our lovely Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Awww, what fabulous photos. Looks like you guys had a wonderful Halloween! Brookie looks so happy and so cute!
    And what a fabulous altered jar project you made, Julie! So perfect for a teacher. Love, love the personalized banner and the apple on top.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow that jar is fabulous! What a great idea!!! Love the Halloween pics, Brookie's costume is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Awesome work on the jar! And great Halloween pics!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Julie Sweetie...
    What an awesome share. I love seeing these precious pictures of Ms Brookie and Adam too. They are just priceless.

    That jar is so delightful and what a fun project. I am sure Brookie's teacher will treasure it for many years to come.

    I love seeing you all. The pictures of us, I thought we both looked tired, but for me, that seems to be the new look these days. I run myself ragged and then get up and do it all over again the next day.

    I can't wait to spend some girl time together. I want to make some of those darn flowers, and I need you to show me again. The ones from the circles you were making when Marydon and I came over.

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend sweet girl. I love you. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  36. super CUTE altered jar...love the pics and you don't look tired!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very cute jar! Totally makes me want to go alter something!!!! :) Looks like Halloween was a lot of fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  38. Very cute project!! And love the Halloween pics, looks like everyone had a great time :)

    Linda
    http://lasteve1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow the jar is wonderful. I wish I was Brookie's teacher. LOL.
    Love all the Halloween pictures. Looks like everyone had a lot of fun.
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  40. How sweet pictures !!thank you for share your beautiful pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. That is such a beautiful altered jar!! So creative.
    Love Brookie's dress, she is so pretty ;)

    ReplyDelete
  42. First of all, sweet jar! I bet it was uber appreciated!

    Secondly, as soon as I'm done with this comment, I'm off to check out The Paper Bakery. Never heard of it before, so I'm told that I'm really missing out ;).

    Third, such cute pics! Looks like EVERYONE had lots of fun!

    Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)