Saturday, October 8, 2011

Hmmmm... a little about me :):):)

Hi all :):):):)

I saw this on Lynette's blog and thought I would play along :):):)



A. Age: 39...will be 40 in less than 2 months...yes.I.just.said.that.out.loud...I will admit it, 40 scares me more than anything, ever.in.my.life..... 



B. Bed size:  King

(really my bed!) 





C. Chore that you hate:  Laundry!
(source)






D. Dogs:  Mr. Dandy (He's my baby... I love him! He's a Schipperke! :)


E.  Essential start to your day:  Diet Mountain Dew! :)


F.  Favourite colour: Pink (And she's one of my fave singers too! lol!) :)


G: Gold or silver:  Silver (me and Brian's wedding rings)

H: Height:  5'9"

I:  Instruments you play:  None. But I have long piano-able fingers (see 1st crazy photo above!), just never learned :(

J:  Job title: I work in the Merchant Services department for a major credit card company...all day long, I am in charge of making sure Merchants get $$$$ that is owed to them...and I have a second job of teaching scrapbook classes :):):)


K: Kids:  2 boys (ahhhhh...for those that have followed me for awhile, that number will come as a shock to you!) and 1 girl :)


L: Live: Phoenix, Arizona, one of the HOTTEST places on Earth...lol :)


M: Mother's name:  Ruth :)



N: Nick Name:  LANA (which is ANAL backwards... I am a neat freak!), Jewels (but I NEVER answer to that one!) and Jules (Don't answer to that one either!)... long story short, as a child NO ONE ever called me JULES or JEWELS...then I became an adult and EVERYONE wanted to call me these nicknames...I don't like it, so I don't answer! LOL :):):)







O: Overnight hospital stays:  3 children and 8 tumor (in my right wrist) surgeries (and yes, the tumor is still there)

P: Pet peeves:  Mean people

Q:  Quote from a movie: "
"Childhood is what you spend the rest of your life trying to overcome. That's what momma always says. She says that beginnings are scary, endings are usually sad, but it's the middle that counts the most. Try to remember that when you find yourself at a new beginning. Just give hope a chance to float up. And it will..."
From the movie....Hope Floats :)


R:  Right or left handed:  Both :) With having all the surgeries on my right hand, it has been pretty laid up A LOT in my life, so my right hand is my prominent hand, but I had to learn to write left handed because of all the surgeries :)

S:  Siblings:  One brother Steve 


T:  Tea or coffee: Neither - see "E" above :)


U:  Underwear:  Of course I do :)


V:  Vegetables you hate:  All of the above (I'm a fruit girl!) :)


W: What makes you run late:  Nothing :) I am LANA (aka ANAL)... it's not in my blood to be late...lol :)



X:  X Rays:  And MRI, Cat Scan all for my tumor... I actually LOVE MRI machines! lol! That big booming noise it makes - soothes me, makes me take a nap, every time! :)


Y:  Yummy food that you make:  Ranch Beans (Grandma's recipe, the CHEAPEST, YUMMIEST meal ever...people FREAK when they find out the ingredients... but trust me.. it is YUMMY!) :)


Z:  Zoo Animal:  Polar Bear (which is sad... because I live in Arizona, they don't have them at our zoos, cause it is too hot!)



So there you have it :):):) A little (or A LOT!) about me! :):):):)


Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :):):)


39 comments:

  1. What an awesome game. I wish I had more time to play along (gotta leave for work soon). 3 kids????? I am a long time follower and I don't think you have ever mentioned that before. I loved reading this post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing Julie, nice learning more about you.. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...so nice to get to know you a bit more..:) I love the color/artist Pink too. Also dislike mean people and must be on time/ early. Thanks for sharing! Hugs!xoxo..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. just think of that number as another year of being loved... it's not scary... if anything life gets better and better for here... love the list... so happy I got to know you more... it's always fun.... and I love the granny beans.... they look yummy... save me some or send me the recipe... would love that!!!

    enjoy every moment... live for today... and love with all your heart... and you will ALWAYS be happy no matter what age!!! love you!!! enjoy you weekend!!!
    {{hugs}} Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gotta play this later.....so fun!!! We are alike is Soooo many ways.....except I am late for everything.....lol. It's never my fault tho!!! 40 ain't so bad......xcept on the backsde of 40 stuff starts falling apart....lol. Seriously, if I knew I was gonna live to see 43 I might have taken care of myself!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous post lana ;o)
    I have truly enjoyed getting to know you a little bit better!

    Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun post Julie. Love the movie Hope Floats. Don't let 40 scare ya. You'll be fabulous at 40. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love learning tidbits about people I know! Such fun! I have a form of questions I ask bloggy friends to answer. I am putting a blog friend book together! Let me know if you want to share! Hee Hee anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just waiting for th escrapbook page - 'an A-Z of Me' LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Julie that was such a fun read!! And I certainly learnt a thing or two that I didn't know about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how fun! I love Pink, too and holy cow do you and your brother look a like!

    love learning about you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun, fun. Nice learning more about you Julie. (NOT Jules) 40 is so okay. Don't be scared. The 40's are better in so many ways than the 20's-or 30's. Trust me. Besides you get to say, "I am 40" and have people look at you and say, "really, you look so young!"

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was fun, Julie. :)
    Loved to read and learn more about you.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cool! Your photos are wonderful and so much fun information. I am going to be 59. 40 sounds good to me. LOL Fear in the devil, Kick him straight on. I know I was more afraid of 40 than 60. It must be I that I Did! kick the devil. LOL
    Is your Birthday in Dec?

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun list! I love learning random little details :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun post Julie!! Enjoyed reading it!!! (=

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing all those facts, loved reading them. I went to see Pink in concert, she is amazing live. 40 is the new 30 so enjoy, I've had a great time since I hit 40 over 4 years ago now, so enjoy.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lots of info, I think you had too much fun with this one, 40 it's only a number LOL take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow Julie this is fantabulous ... what a wonderful insight into you .... 40 is young believe me !!! enjoy every minute ..... life begins at 40 they say and ends at 60 !!!... that means I am past it LOL ????
    big hugz to you my friend xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are an amazing woman! I already knew that, but just to say it here!
    Love you, and you are the best even when you are 40!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you!!!! That was a nice reading! And yes...now I know you better! I'm sending you a lot of hugs and wish you a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ohhh, Julie! It's so much fun reading these facts and getting to know you better!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, this is so fun, Julie! Thanks so much for sharing even more about what makes you YOU! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for sharing! 40 is good! The age that got me was 30! Funny how everyone has an age that feels alittle off or scary!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think these posts are always fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fun, fun, fun! I may have to do this too! And.... Ranch beans recipe please! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. How fun that was to learn more about you!!
    That ranch bean recipe sound so yummy!!
    You and your brother look a alike!!
    So sorry about the hand surgeries that sound scary!!
    I have had a few surgeries they are no fun.
    Have a wonderful Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. The pictures you added were all so fun. Want to share your bean recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sooo very fun Lana:)

    40...it's the new 30....no worries sista...40 is fab:)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Soo Fun to know you more LANA... he he... :wink...I love you...

    Nah...40...nothing to be afraid... just like what Amy's sista said... its the new 30!!!.... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a fun post! I really didn't know that you have 3 kids!

    ReplyDelete
  32. i swear adam & your brother look sooooo much alike! only a few things surprised me :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. How did I miss this fun post??!! First of all... I actually enjoyed turning 40. Something about "Not caring about what other's think (the negative stuff) and going with the flow a little more." 3 kids?? Yep... that surprised me. My brother lives in AZ. If I ever get down there... I'll let you know. Enjoyed reading about YOU. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great post Julie! Love learning new things about you, cause you rock:)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you for playing along...I loved reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hmmm....new info...we need to talk IRL next time and you can fill me in... I don't even think I knew about your wrist... what a terrible friend, huh?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)