Friday, September 9, 2011

Her '10' smile :) GDT for Punky Scraps :):):)

Hi everyone :):):)

I was beyond thrilled when Nat from Punky Scraps contacted me and asked me to be their Guest Designer this month! Woooo hooooo! :):):):):):)


Their first challenge was a FUN one!! A Punky Tartan! :):):) We were asked, "How does this image inspire you?"  :):):):):):):):):)


I was inspired by the RED and all the buttons up the side of the vest :):):):):)
So here is my take on it :)



Lots of goodies on here - Creative Charms, Scrabble alphas, Maya Road chipboard, Prima flower, frame from my friend Joni, Lily Bee buttons, 7gypsies paper clips, burlap, real postal stamps from Poland... just lots of goodies :):):)



Thanks again to Nat and Punky Scraps for having me join them this month! :):):)


And I wanted to share some photos and happy mail that me and Brookie got this week :):):):)

Later this month I will be shooting a wedding... well, on the property where they will have the ceremony is this old truck! I am in love with this truck! And even better... the family wants to have a family picture taken in front of it! CAN.NOT.WAIT! :):):):):):):)

And my friend Hannah and her Mum make the cutest little girls skirts (they make them out of old jeans! love!) and I had her make one for Brookie's upcoming 5th birthday party! :):):) You can check out Hannah's ETSY here :):):):):):)


You knew I would chose the SMILEY material, right?!?!?! :):):):):):)


And when we met Hannah to get the skirt...our girls got to play together :):):):):) And for those who wonder how BIG Brookie really is... Hannah's daughter is 3 and Brookie is 4 :) Poor Brookie... growing up, I was the tall one too... and *sigh* it isn't easy growing up as the tall one.. trust me on that one... :)

And Brookie and I both got HAPPY MAIL yesterday! YAY! :)

Michelle sent Brookie these fun goodies :) Thanks Michelle... she LOVED it! :):):)

Here she is playing with the little hippo parachute toy! :)

And here is what Michelle sent me! LOVE IT! :):):)


And Jennifer makes the MOST AMAZING wood signs!!! This is the second sign that I have from Jennifer's ETSY Shop!! Loveeeeeeee her work! :):):):):):) Seriously...you need to check her out!! I just loveeeeeee her work! I can not say that enough! :):):):):):):)


And I have a little favor/prayer request... for those that have followed me for awhile, about a year ago.... I asked for prayers for little Emma who lives in Australia as it was discovered that she had cancer... well, after surgeries, chemo, and radiation... they thought she was cancer free... they even were planning a trip to Disneyland in California on Halloween week through Make-A-Wish... (we were going to drive there on Halloween weekend to meet them too..).... welllllllllllllllll Emma's cancer is back...and their trip to California is for NOW postponed ....  :(:(:( And she has to have another surgery next week... so please say a little prayer for Emma... I would really appreciate it.....


Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :):):)

43 comments:

  1. I was always the tall one when I was young (still am in adulthood lol) so I'm right there with you on the emotional side of it.

    Looking forward to you joining us at punky scraps for the month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh congrats for the GDT spot - awesome work! Love your layout!!! :) Sad to hear about Emma's news :( xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Pretty Lady,

    Of course you can have prayers for Emma........anytime. Love BrookieWoleks new skirt, and she's so lovely in it.

    Hugs,
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the GDT!! Your layout is absolutely gorgeous!! I love all the embellishments you used :)

    Linda
    http://lasteve1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your layout...perfect work from the inspiration...fun pics and I adore that Keep Calm sign! Happy Friday Julie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout! so much fun in it.
    Brookie is adorable! those photos are so sweet. You two were very lucky this week, with so much goodies on your mail.
    My thoughts are with little Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohw what a fun challengeblog that is!! Can´t find the tartan challenge yet, but i´ll keep my eyes open :):) Your take on the challenge is great Julie! That truck photo is awesome and so is Brookie´s skirt, real fun those happy colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your take on the challenge and that peacock feather is so perfect.

    I love Brookie's skirt;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your take on the Punky Scraps challenge. So love your little crochet embellies and peacock feather, just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your take on that photo. It seems to me you proposed something new and that means it was a good inspo! Love it so much and I love that truck too - it has a soul!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a CUTE layout Julie!!! Love the scrabble tiles!!!
    Shooting a wedding!! Very FUN!!! Looks like a great background for some fun photos!!! (=
    That Skirt!! TOO CUTE!!! (=
    Thanks for my sign shout out!!!(= Glad you love it!!! (= And yes, I could help you out with another one. Sounds like I have a little time. I'll get back to you on it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun, happy layout!
    And let me tell you, I want to be that "tall" one since I was in kindergarden because I was that shortest one in class though out my school days, so let's get some of you to mixed with some of me when we meet up in December, and then we will both be perfect!!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the GDT!!! :-) Awesome LO!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for your GDT spot. Love the fun elements on your page. Love that truck too. Reminds me of Mater from the "Cars" movie. Fabby skirt too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That layout and skirt are too cute!!! Love that old truck - what awesome pics they will have :) So sad about Emma - I'll definitely be sending good, positive thoughts her way :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow Julie that was a FULL blog post! CONGRATS on the GDT spot--you rocked the challenge--so cool! The skirt is adorable on Ms. Brookie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow, Congratulations, Julie!!! And your daughter is adorable!!!

    Come on over! You're my first featured guest on my Shabby Chic Girls' Club...and you're welcome to grab a button and announce it too!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on your guest DT spot, sweet Julie! How perfect for you too. When your Brookie smiles even her eyes are smiling. You & Brooke know what it is like to be the tall girl, and I was always the shortest LOL :)

    Enjoy your happy mail; it looks like Brooke is already enjoying hers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That layout is AWESOME!!!!! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. love your take on the tartan challenge. brooke is such a rock star.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on the guest DT!!! Love the layout and all of the different elements you used!! Hi Brookie!!! So darling in her outfit!!! Will keep Emma and her family in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  22. so fun!!! this post just made me smile today!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. congrats for the GDT spot ...love your layout!!!..Fantabulous work! I also adore that keep calm sign!!! Sad to hear about Emma's news ....my thoughts are with her... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great job with the challenge! I love how you interpreted it onto your page with all the layers and embellishments. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Really great take on that challenge. Love the skirt and the happy mail and that old truck is really cool. Sad to hear about Emma. Hope the surgery goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Big Congrats on the GDT!!
    Love your amazing LO!!
    I love all the fun embellishments on the LO!!
    What a fun backdrop for wedding pictures!!
    Love her skirt and she looks so pretty in her new skirt!!
    Go Brookie!!
    So glad she liked everything and you liked your RAK!!
    OMG! I love that sign!!
    Oh No Emma will be in my prayrs!! I hope & pray she will have a full recovery & the cancer will be gone with the upcoming surgery!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you very much for guesting this month!!! :) :)

    LOVE your layout and your wee girl is simply adorable...love that skirt!!!!

    Prayers for emma too xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats to the new GDT gig! Your page is sooooo totally gorgeous!!!! YAY for all the buttons!!!! LOOOOVE Brookies new skirt, totally awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats on being a guest designer, Julie! I love that tartan and your layout is awesome!!! The truck on the property where you will shoot the wedding is awesome! I can see why you love it! I can't wait to see the photos you take of the wedding!!!
    I saw these pics on facebook - that skirt is so adorable, but the girl in it is the MOST adorable, ever!
    The rest of your photos are so much fun, as is that sign!!!
    TFS, Julie!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a fab LO,I love the knitted cherries. Brookie's skirt looks gorgeous. Have a great weekend.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yippee! A BIG congrats on your GDP! Love what you did with the inspiration! Love the 'red' and that fabo mix!
    The pics are wonderful!
    So sorry to hear about Emma...my prayers go out to her and her family at this time!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I so love your take on the tarten, what a great translation.
    I am sorry to hear about a child having to go through all that. I will be sending positive thoughts and hope for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a fun layout. Some many wonderful things to look at.. And that skirt is adorable.. She looks so cute in it..
    And my prayers are going up for Emma.. That has to be so hard..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  34. yay! so glad that you're a guest designer at punky scraps...your fun work totally fits in with the rest of the team! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. So sorry to hear about Emma's cancer :( Congrats on your GDT position & loving the look of that punky layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. I will be praying for Emma..how sad!!

    You are rocking the scrapping world lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a fun post, Julie.......except for the news of poor little Emma. Definitely keeping her in my thoughts and prayers. Love Brookie's new denim smiley face skirt. She looks so happy and spunky in it. And speaking of Spunky.......congrats on your guest designer gig with Punky Sprouts! Love that awesome page you made. the collage style design is fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. great lo!! congrats on the gd team gig

    ReplyDelete
  39. Congrats on guest designing...love the page! Brookie's skirt is adorable...loving the smilies! Sending prayers for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  40. Congrats on being GDT! How awesome!

    I lovelovelove your fun layout! Love the whimsical feel with all those embellishments! :)

    More cute photos of Brookie to scrap!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Congrats on the Punky Scraps. Love that funky page : )
    And will be thinking of your friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  42. I am really smiling here today! Thanks Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)