Monday, August 29, 2011

It's Tessa's BIRTHDAY blog hop! :):):):):)

Hi everyone!!! 
I am honored to be joining Tessa Buys as she is celebrating her 30th birthday with a blog hop sponsored by her Etsy shop, Precocious Paper. Tessa is giving away over $100.00 in product and 20 designers are sharing projects made with GOODIES from her shop in her honor!! :):):):) You can join us by starting at Tessa’s blog here.

If you’ve been hopping along and just came from Yara's blog, you are in the right place!! :):):):):):):):)



Tessa sent me SIX of her GORGEOUS flowers from her ETSY shop!!! :):):):):) I have 2 layouts and a card to share….  :):):):):):):):):)

On my card and my layouts, I used My Mind's Eye papers, and on my card I used Tessa's 2 CUTE green tissue flowers and SRM Stickers! :):):):):):):):)


 My first layout, I made the shapes with my Cricut and then the extra pieces left over, I made my second layout! :):):):) Aren't Tessa's flowers adorable?!?!?! :):):):):):):):)




On this layout, I used not only Tessa's GORGEOUS flowers, but I also used the jute that Tessa sends her packages wrapped in  (the jute is around Brookie's photo!) and I also used Nikki Sivils brads :):):):):):):):):):)




Would you like some Precocious Paper goodies to work with? If you complete the entire hop, leaving a comment on every designer’s post, you will be entered to win the grand prize – the September, October, November and December Samplers! That’s a $54.00 value and dozens upon dozens of hand-crafted scrapbooking embellishments. Follow Tessa’s blog to be entered to win a $20.00 credit to the shop, and if you follow Precocious Paper on Facebook, you could win another $20.00 credit. Tessa is also giving away surprise credits to blog hop participants, so be sure to leave a comment on this post!



Tessa has added many new things to her shop as part of the celebration, so be sure to stop by and take a peek. If you use this code during check out - JTBBHFREE - you will receive free shipping and a free thank you gift!! :):):) And this code is good through September 5th!! International gals... there is a $5.00 minimum order for you...and no minimum for USA orders... and and and  Tessa has a little incentive for ME in this too!! If I have the MOST people use MY code above to buy something from Tessa's ETSY shop... then I get a little gift from her too!! WOW! How sweet is she?!?!?! :):):):):) Seriously, I have always LOVED Tessa's ETSY shop... I have been a customer of hers for over a year now, and SHE NEVER DISAPPOINTS! :):):):):):):):):):)


Your NEXT stop is HEIDI! :):):):):):):):)


 
And for those that follow me...my bloggy friend Stacy posted on her blog yesterday about her visit to see her little cousin Olivia...and deliver the first round of get well cards and gifts!!! She is sooooooooo beautiful!! I guess it took her OVER AN HOUR to open everything!! *sigh* I am soooooooo blessed to have my bloggy friends that have helped in sending Olivia cards and gifts!!! You are all angels in my eyes!! See Stacy's blog post HERE to see all the photos! :):):):):):):):):):)



And also for those that follow me regularly... you will know that every month I post a photo of me and my kids together in honor of Aleida :):):):)  Next month marks 3 years since she was killed in a car accident... and even though I never personally knew Aleida, she has influenced me in a way that no other person has... for those new to me, a month before Aleida died, she posted this on her blog....


"There is a reason why I'm posting these pictures.  Pictures that I'm actually in.  Not because I think I'm all that and a trip to Hollywood.  No.  It's because I'm actually tired of being worried about how I look and not taking or having very many photos of me with my children.  I have very few pictures of me and my babies when they were babies, and I have myself to blame.  Precious opportunities to capture on paper, lost because of my silliness.  Well no more I say!  One day I won't be here and there will be hardly any pictures of them and their mama.  So ladies, hand over the camera and get in those photos!  Please.  You'll be happier you did." ~~Aleida Franklin wrote this on August 6th, 2008... and she died one month and 6 days later... and that my friends is why I do this every month.....
...none of us know when we will be called off this Earth..... and even though as scrappers, most of us are behind the camera (ME INCLUDED!)...and we HATE how we look in photos... it doesn't matter to me anymore :):):):) I want my kids to get old and have pics of their Mama... period... Aledia changed my life forever.... :)


Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :):):)

75 comments:

  1. Love what you made for the hop!!! And cute pic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning creations! Love the vibrant colour! And great words of wisdom too! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure I'll have time to hop but those flowers are awesome!!! So I will be going to check out her shop! BTW, LOVE these layouts!!! Love what you did with those punched frame things on both layouts! And the colors on that card are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE what you did for the "You Are" layout, highlighting the awesome words. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her legacy lives on through you because I now pose with my kiddos regularly too now. :)

    Where in upstate NY did you live? I lived in Plattsburgh for a time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun birthday hop. Love your adorable creations. Those flowers are fab. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of your Cricut! I love your card and pages!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful projects!

    Tanya
    phenis2031 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!!! I knew you would rock that set of flowers :). Thank you so much for sharing your talents and celebrating with me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are adorable~Love the flowers:):)~I will check her shop out on Etsy~thanks for telling the story about you and the photos~I'm so guilty of that!!:(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can I just say that I thnk you must be the sweetest person ever! :) Every time I read something or see something from you it makes me smile! :) Love the card and the layouts! Everything is FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful projects...love how you used Tessa's products!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What cute layouts and card Julie! I so love Tessa's flowers in her etsy shop. I have admired her creations for a long time! What a great idea to celebrate her 30th with a blog hop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Lo's are so unique! and what a great message about taking those pictures. thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your work... and your words. You are definitely one of the most inspiring and fun individuals I know through their blog. You are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such bright, happy projects! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  17. While I was going to comment on your pretty, bright layouts I think I will comment on your closing paragraph. I too hate being photographed and maybe I need to spend some time thinking of what you wrote. Thank you for pointing that out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's always such a pleasure to read your blogposts, Julie!!
    I LOVE your projects (I'm totally in love with the photo of Brookie in her pretty blue dress!!) and I LOVE what you're telling us about Aleida!
    Thanks for that!!

    Hugs, Jenneke

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sweet layouts and card! The embellies are fantastic for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such pretty layouts!! I love the picture of you and the kids, always a good reminder to get in the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love what you made! Have a nice evening Julie:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your LO's! Super cute with the flowers. You make such a good point about photos too. My boys are noy gonna care what I looked like in them. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome layouts, Julie! And great card!!!! Didn't you say you aren't a cardmaker? LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love how you used all the cute flowers & the Cricut frames too! Love your family photos!

    ReplyDelete
  25. When i got to your blog... i saw the picture of Aleida.. then I saw your scrapbooking motto. Gotta say I love it and it is so true. I was curious about Aleida so I clicked there.... how horrible and sad. Then I continued to read your blog message and read how all of this ties in. This has totally inspired me and I'm so glad I came to your blog! Thank-you for keeping her memories alive!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ooohhh...how cute! Love the little frames/panels! :) Love the monthly pic with the kids...three peas in a pod!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very cute projects Julie :):):) i love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julie, that family photo is beautiful.

    Love your layouts and card using the gorgeous pp flowers. Love how colourful and vibrant those layouts are with those very pretty photos. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous card and LO!!
    Love how you added the shapes to the projects so clever & creative!!
    The flowers are so pretty!!
    Wow! I need to take more pictures aof me and dd too! I'm so busy taking them I forget to get us together more often in photos!!
    Thanks for sharing that precious story!
    Sorry for her family!!
    What an awesome way to share about her blog post about having more family photos together!!
    Loved all the picture of Olivia on FB opening her packages!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are great layouts. I really lie the "You Are" page with Brookie's face framed and all of the sweet words also framed. Fun and playful design!

    ReplyDelete
  31. GREAT card and layouts Julie!!! Looks like you've been busy!! (= Love the picture too!!! (=

    ReplyDelete
  32. cute card.. heart both layouts... gorgeous... !!! you rocked them!!... cute photo too... as always..thanks for sharing... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  33. LOVE your layouts! Great job with the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Cute flowers and great LO's! And as always a beautiful pic! The story behind it always makes me humble and thankful for the life I have and to remind me to enjoy every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  35. FAB projects, Julie!!! LOVE the card, and sweet photos of little Brookie. Great flowers too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. What fabulous projects, Julie! You have done those adorable flowers proud! Love, love how you used all the bits of your die cuts on both layouts. So clever!
    And thanks for sharing your story of Aleida. Being relatively new to your blog, I did not know this story, and you have really moved me with it. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Such great use of the flowers and those layouts are so pretty and fun!! Love the story of Aleida. Tfs :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great pics amd LOs of Brookie. Lovely post, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh Julie, what a honor to Aleida! You look wonderful in that pic!
    Love your creations! Those flowers look great! I really like the two on the card...I'll have to stop by her Etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh man......I missed this post somehow! LOVEEEEEE everything you have done here. Brookie is a doll as always....and that card with the birdie....OMG. I LOVE those colors together!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. great use of frames ...and packaging. such cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  42. julie, what a great idea to use both the inner side & the frame in 2 different ways :) nice layouts :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Julie that card is gorgeous!! Your kids are super cute and you are beautiful inside and out! Work that camera girl!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love your LO's and cards,such pretty flowers. What a gorgeous family photo such a lovely idea, you don't look old enough to have a child of that age.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  45. Ohh very gorgeous layout's and card's also

    hugs carla

    ReplyDelete
  46. I so love that blue paper on your card and how clever to use those great shapes on your layouts! LOVE my Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Came to find you through the hop. Your legacy to Aleida to heartwarming and I feel touched to share in her story through you.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Good for you getting in the pictures! and those lime polka dot flowers make my heart sing!

    ReplyDelete
  49. oh how fun!!! Love your great projects with her products!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  50. I love your blue and green card with the polka dot flowers. super cute.


    alisha.moorenielsen@gmail.com
    http://scrappin-happens.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  51. fantastic layouts. i love the negative cuts. great way to be resourceful with your paper and very unique. =)

    and you are so sweet and giving, and have a big heart. You are always so considerate of others. i love your monthly tradition too.
    hope you are having a great week.=)
    hugs
    T

    ReplyDelete
  52. Aww, how adorable, Julie!!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  53. well hello, mrs.! love your projects and those sweeeeet sweeeet photos!

    ReplyDelete
  54. What a a wonderful creation.. And the photo of you with your kids is fab.. You are just adorable.. I just love that photo....

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  55. Hi, Julie!!
    Thanks for your kind words!!
    Hope you and your family are having a wonderful week!!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Love your super cute layouts. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  57. I love the frames with the flowers. Darn! Now I need a new cricut cartridge AND more flowers from Tessa!

    ReplyDelete
  58. LOVE what you created Julie! So happy to hop with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  59. love love love what you made for the hop... they are adorable....
    {{hugs}} Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  60. What cute & gorgeous pages! Loving those special flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  61. lovin' the layouts and of course, your card...love love love your card! Great pic too:)

    ReplyDelete
  62. Love your hop creations!! I'm so inspired by everyone's projects!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Lovelovelove what you did with that set of flowers, Julie! Wow! :) Thank you for sharing Aleida's story-it hit home with me.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Great projects! Love all the color combinations! Love the photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  65. what fun layouts! nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  66. Hi!
    I am a new visitor to your page :)
    Thank you so much for sharing your heartfelt words about Aleida. That was very touching and is making me rethink things about not being in pics and such. Just made me think a lot, so thank you.
    I love what you chose to do with the goodies from Tessa!
    I love how bright and lively your projects are! They just make me feel all happy inside :)
    I esp am fond of your have a wonderful day card! It is just lovely :)
    Thank you again for all you shared!
    Have a lovely & wonderful evening! :)
    ~Mippy :)

    ReplyDelete
  67. Wow! Three totally different looks, and all so gorgeous to showcase Tessa's beautiful flowers! Thanks for the inspiration! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  68. How cute is that card and those layouts?! Love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)