Saturday, July 2, 2011

Sooooo EXCITED!! Is it December yet!?!?!?!??!?! :):):):):):):):):)

Posted this on FB last night... so if you are seeing it again... sorry! lol :)

Sooooooooo EXCITED!!! Brian bought me tickets to go see Cirque Du Soleil Michael Jackson The Immortal Tour for my 40th Birthday in December!! :):):):):):):):):):):):)  EEEEEEEEKKKKKKKK!!!!!! I have always wanted to go see a Cirque Du Soleil show...and to have it be in LAS VEGAS on my BIRTHDAY and be Michael Jackson songs... bonus! bonus! bonus! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)



Also... I wanted to share some shout outs that I got for the layout that I posted yesterday :)

Southwest Crafters saw my layout on Blue Moon's blog and loved it and posted it on their FB page! That was so nice of them! :) And Lisa, the owner of Blue Moon sent me an email this morning to share with me that The Hive had my layout posted on their front page of their site!! :):):):):) I was quite happy that my layout was recognized! Thanks everyone! :)


Also, this morning while blog surfing, my friend Staci shared a Saturday Snapshot link from Alyce and I thought I would join in the fun! :):):):):):):):)

I took these photos last night, as me and the family went to Chick-fil-A (yum!) for dinner and then headed to see Cars 2 (LOVED IT!) :):):):):):):):):):):) They had this CUTE display at Chick-Fil-A and Brookie says to me, "You want to take my picture in there Mama?" .... hehehehehe,,, I have raised her well! :):):):):):):)




And no crafty things to share today....I will be working on some things this weekend.. but I wanted to share an bloggy award that both Kirsty and Jinny gave me!! Thanks girls!! You are both sooooooooo sweet! :):):):):):):):):)

And with this award.. I am to tell you 7 facts about me that you may or may not know :)

1) I have been scrapbooking for about 14 years now... but it wasn't until about 3 years ago, that I could EVER tell you what company made what product! I would loveeeeee to see what everyone created on the blogs I would visit, or the online galleries, but I could never tell what company made what! lol! Now I can spot most papers/embellies and who made them almost all the time! lol! :):):):):):):):)

2) I despise where I live. lol! I live in Phoenix, Arizona and I get tired of the brown desert and HOT HOT HOT temps most of the year (like this weekend is going to be in the 120's! ugh!) ... but because of jobs and family... this is where I stay! Someday, maybe... someday I can live where it is green! :)

3) I get teased a lot for it seems like I never sleep! lol! I actually do get up at 3:30 in the morning and go to bed around 10'ish every night...sooooo I do sleep... I promise! :)

4) My engagement ring is actually an anniversary band ring with 3 diamonds... why did Brian choose this for me??? Wellllll because, we both have been married to other people two times before ... so our marriage is our third marriage (third time is the charm, they say!)....and he wanted a ring that showed our past, our present and our future together :):):):):):):):)
(photo from our wedding day) :)

5) I collect Cookie Jars! Some that are made by my Mom, from when she used to do ceramics back home in NY! :):):)
(My cookie jars... the Oscar the Grouch, Big Bird and the apple were all made by my Mom!) :)


6) I have been dubbed  the nickname "LANA" by my friends... WHY "LANA" you ask???? ....hehehehehe that stands for ANAL backwards! LOL!! I am quite the neat freak! :):):):):):):):):)

7) I love to scrapbook... but lately I have been getting into altered pieces... you all know that I have been giving you sneak peeks of the Prima project these past couple of weeks... welllllll I am ALMOST done with that project and now I just got the NEW "OZ" collection from Graphic 45...and bought something last night to use with these yummy new papers! Can't wait to share it with all of you! :):):):):):):):):):):):)


So, there are my facts about me... I am horrible at picking peeps to share it with... I would rather have everyone grab this award from me and share some facts about you too! :):):):):):):):):):):)

I hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend and for those in the US... Happy 4th of July! :):):):):):):)  As I mentioned above, it is going to be about 120 degrees this weekend around here... so we are going to hang low at home... toooo  hot to do anything outside! :):):):):):):):)


Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :):):)

39 comments:

  1. Wow, what an awesome birthday gift!! Congrats on the recognition, it's a fantastic LO! I love the photos! What a great one of your cute little family! I can't wait til you can share your projects with us! Have a great 4th weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, Lana! Chuckle! Well, what a lovely gift for you ...d reams do come true, Julie. Love the pictures of the family ... sweet!

    You've been married to one another 3 x's?

    You are just amazing with your creations, Julie. Very talented.

    May her flag fly high & proud forever over this great land ... may God see the changes we need & grant us that blessing.

    Happy 4th, sweetie.

    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous birthday gift,you lucky girl. I love the family photo, Brookie is so cute. A great patriotic LO, have a fab 4th July.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow congrats on the American flag layout! It is totally awesome!!!! And how exciting that you get to see Cirque for your Bday! Brian definitely sounds like a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will have so much fun with your bday present!!!!!! That's just fantastic and don't forget to make a looooot of nice pics!
    I loved to read about you...TFS!!!!

    Love
    jana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the story of your engagement ring Julie - that is so cool! And that picture of your family - beautiful!!!!! Congrats on the layout - you deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wowsers how wonderful birthday gift!!!and take many pictures friend!!

    xx carla

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice surprise!
    Great photos, and loved learning more about you.
    Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  9. try this one more time...

    Happy birthday Julie! Long time no talk! Hope you have a great weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats on the layout and woot woot! for the present!!!!!!! and thanks for the little peeks into your life. I am on vacation right now but trying to keep up with blogs. Have a great Fourth!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what an awesome present. you will have so much fun.
    I always enjoy learning more about you. great facts. =)
    Happy Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh, I am SO jealous right now!!!! I had the chance to see the Cirque du Soleil show LOVE the Beatles (for my 10th anniversary :) and I LOVEd it!!! MJ and Cirque du Soleil, I can not even imagine how awesome that is going to be!!!!
    BTW, congrats on being featured on all these sites! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow December won't take long to get here and what an amazing present from Brian, and I love love the layout, gorgeous textures and you can certainly see how your altered techniques are entering your layouts, I loved hearing about your wedding bands, and that you do sleep, If I win lotto I will buy you a house in a cooler climate....and I can now do the manufacturer thing on peoples layouts too. Stay well dear girl. MElx ps. I am anal with neatness too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omg Julie! I knew you were a ny girlie! Too funny! Your lo rocks! I spotted it on blue
    Moon and thought it was a graphic art thing! I love it! Super amazing! I am in northern ny now but lived in southern ny before! But never hot desert! We have lots of green but don't forget the mosquitos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay...what a fun gift. So cool that we are both December babies. :) And wowza girl...you are being featured all over. Gotta go check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally envious about the Immortal tix. It's coming to StL though, so we shall see! Love the story behind the wedding rings! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. i want to see that darnit! lucky!

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE your birthday gift, that is so cool that I get to see you here in Vegas??? Woohooooo!!!! Dec 3rd, I jot it down, let's stay in touch via email, I will give you my cell before that, so we can meet up. Cool!!!
    Speaking of that, we are going to Elvis tonight for the 2nd time this year, LOL, I just love the cirque!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm loving that you're getting so much attention for your awesome layouts girlie!! Proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope you are having a fabulous 4th of July weekend, and very cool about the show you have tixs to. Awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. sounds like s super fun show...fun pics and Lana...that cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So you don't mind if I just stow away in your luggage for Vegas?! That will be such a wonderful time!! The heat is getting to me, and we got a long summer to go...I hope you and the family have a great 4th:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love Chick-FilA!!! It's a yummy place to eat! I love your layout so fabulous and patriotic! Thanks for always taking time and commenting on my blog you are a sweetheart! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is an amazing gift, I went to the Cirque de Soleil and they are fab!
    Love the lo you made, very inspirational, and those pictures are wonderful, happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stay cool Julie!!!! Congrats on the shout outs... and wow, what a birthday present you got there! I hope to have two months of sun, maybe three? Then have one month sunny autumn and after that, you can skip to December right away if it's up to me... (I am looking forward to my 'top 2000 blogparty then!) I guess we both will have to wait...

    ReplyDelete
  26. HEY LANA.... HAHA you just crack me up!!!.... CONGRATS on the stint!!! AND YOU LUCKY DUCK... !!! YAY for the bday gift!!! tell you what... another sleep it'd be december!!! hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Woo Hoo!! How cool that DH got you the tickets. I am sure you gonna enjoy it. What a beautiful story of ur rings :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow Julie always such fun here on your blog .. I always have a smile on my face your energy is infectious .. you are so gorgeous ...great to see the show it will be fantastic .. woohoo!! I am excited for you ... take care and big hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow!! What an awesome bday gift! I'm sure you'll have a great time! :)
    Love the patriotic lo too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What an amazing gift! I have never seen Cirque du Soleil but have always wanted to. To Michael Jackson's music makes it even cooler! I wish I could go too! You lucky girl!

    Happy 4th to you and your family! Have fun & be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  31. You deserve such a fabulous gift!! so happy for you!!!!!!
    thank you for your sweet comment on my blog..... I luv ya too!!!!!!
    have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your hubby is a total keeper! What an awesome gift to look forward too! Love the significance of your wedding bands! And I can so emphatise with the heat issue...I wanna move to somewhere I can enjoy the four seasons!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a FABULOUS Birthday gift!!! Thanks for sharing all those fun facts!!! Did you really say you get up at 3:30?? OUCH!!! (= If you like green come to Oregon!! (= This weeks temps are perfect around 80!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a Fab present! And it's so much fun reading all the facts! (3.30 in the morning...WOW...) I love the story behind the ring, and the cookiejars your mom made are awesome!!! Love Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh what a wonderful birthday present, even though you have to wait 6 months before you can enjoy it. Happy Independence Day !

    ReplyDelete
  36. Very interesting post Julie! I love learning more about you & you shared so much of interest!! I am also not the best sleeper but it is starting now to catch up with me so I really am trying to get that under control once & for all. Amazing that you get such heat there - at least if you order scrappy goodies online they don't take as long as they do to get to you like they do for me - that is what I despise the most about where I live!

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a wonderful 40th birthday! I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it! How exciting!

    Love the layout! What a really great picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh WOW! What an awesome birthday gift! That's a LONG wait till December.

    Fun list! I always love reading and learning little tidbits about my friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi. How exciting!! That is one awesome present for Your BD!! And I just LOVED reading all your facts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)