Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Altered Canvasses and You Create...I love :):):):)

Hi everyone!

 Before I share my projects today... I wanted to thank all of you that left me get well wishes for the bruise on my jawline from my dental work... I called the dentist and they advised that sadly, my mouth can bruise from all the shots I had... *sigh* and they wonder why I don't wanna go back! lol :)  Thanks again for caring my friends... I really appreciate it! :):):):):):):):)


I wanted to share a fun project that I made for The Studio with some canvasses that I picked up at the Dollar Store :):):)

Here are the canvasses I picked up... they all ready had paintings on them of some birds... pretty, but doesn't match my decor :):):)


First, I gesso'd them :)


Then I chose my paints and painted them in two different tones to add some texture :)



Then I chose some stamps for my word that I chose for my canvasses and I used the white paint on the stamps themselves :)



Then I chose some embellishments to decorate my canvasses, which include some Polish Postal Stamps that I found at an antique store, Want2Scrap.com chipboard pieces, Prima flowers, vintage cutouts from a LSS, handmade flowers from Diana's ETSY shop, ribbon from Pixie Dust Paperie  :)

And here are is my finished project :)




I always love going through the Dollar Store and finding things that I can alter :)



Today is also the day for the latest challenge is live over on the These are a Few of my Favorite Things :):):):) This time we want to know you FAVE PIECE of ART! :):):):) Is it Picasso? Monet? Van Gogh? Ansel Adams? For me... its my kids! I love and keep every piece of art they have ever made at school or home :):):):):) This layout highlights a 'hand' painting that Brookie did back in 2008 :):):):):):):):)






Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! :):):):):):):):):)


31 comments:

  1. Those altered canvases are awesome!!! What a great find! Ooh, great Fave Things challenge! Love Brookies artwork and love the cork and burlap heart on the layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the L O V E canvasses!!! The deep red/brown/copper colour is fabulous!!! The layout with Brookie's art is fabulous too! I like those little hand-stamps! Like 'ancient art'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you go with those canvases!!!! LOVE how they turned out!!!

    What a great idea with the hand prints...I have to do this with the boys!!!

    Wishing you a great one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love altered projects. This is so fab & fun. Must visit the dollar store soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie I just love your canvasses, though I feel sorry for the birds...;);) Love the handprint art too, great idea to keep as a childhood memory. Hope you´r feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!!! Talk about rocking some canvas!!!! Love them, and that layout with the handprints is super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you did with the canvas's!! And for a bargin!! (= I always love handprint art!! CUTE!! (=

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool altered project, and I love love love Brookies's print all over, so so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i recognize those!! still love them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you used the muslin flowers on those!!! Great FAVES page today, too. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun canvas project! Love the stamped letters. And that LO with the handprints is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you feel better! Love the handprint layout! Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know I love those canvases!! And what sweet artwork also!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a fun and fabulous project. awesome.. =) i love your new Fav Things challenge. very cute layout.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE your altered canvas!!! My favorite pictures are the ones my kids make for me too. :-) I have 3 lil artists waiting to make me pictures. Can't wait. Your LO is fabulous. I hope you are feeling better. I am very terrified of the dentist too. I had to have some dental work done about 4 years ago and I hated it. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE LOVE what you did with the canvases- that is so inspiring!! Gorgeous!! And your layout is priceless! I will definitely have to do the latest challenge! Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulous idea for the canvas Julie! I can't seem to get rid of any of my kiddos' artwork. I love those handprints, how you can even see the texture of the skin. So cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous idea with the canvases! And I love Brookie's hand paintint too.

    How funny to think that you could get bruises from the dentist??? Hope you're pulling up okay xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I should do those hand-thing as well!! thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW WOW...Those altered canvases are awesome!!! you rocked Julie...and I adore Brookie's Hand painting too... Cute... hope you are feeling better luv!!... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great projects, I adore the Brookie hands!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great job with the caneasses! I love the worm colors.
    And the lo is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. super fun canvases and love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh wow, these are really awesome!!!! How fun, now you are inspiring me to hunt for things to alter! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. you are way too stinkin clever!
    That is a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What creative fun you've been having - great altered art!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, this is simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like how you think outside the box and really make that your own!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I really like your idea of altering those canvases! I also really like how you used Brookie's art on the layout. Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Do you know what I love about you??? I visit at least 25 blogs a day and never have I seen your style...it is truely yours and I am in love with it.. Wow, amazing girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for the tutorial... love how that came out... will have to give that a try... and you know I love love love you fave's lo... it's perfect!!! {{hugs}} Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)