Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Altered frames :):):):)

Hi everyone,

Today is my latest tutorial over on The Studio!! YAY! :):):):):):):):):):) Here is what I made for The Studio today.....

A fun way to alter some frames I found at the dollar store! 


Here are the frames I started with...


Next, I tore one of the frames apart so I could trace my papers to fit the frames....


The papers I used are from Prima's new line, "Sweet Fairy"...

Tracing on the papers for the outlines of the frames...

Next, I made sure the papers lined up for the frames...

I used Mod Podge to glue the papers down to the frames...


I also added a layer of Mod Podge to the top of the papers to protect them...


Then I painted the edges of the frames with my Claudine Helmuth's Studio Paint...


I also painted the edges of the papers to add some texture....

Next, I took the paper that comes with the frame to use to trace for the inside of the frames...


Some of the embellishments I used from Prima and Maya Road... 

I used Tim Holtz's Distress Ink to add color to the Maya Road chipboard pieces... 

Now to put it all together!

And now for my finished projects! I made a total of four frames, using three pieces of paper, four Maya Road chipboard pieces and two Prima flowers! 






 I made these using products from BlueMoonScrapbooking.com :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Such a fun project to make! I am going to place these in my new home on my new craft desk!  (Speaking of me and the family moving... if you need my new address which is in effect at the end of this month... please email me at bmwgirl@cox.net) Thanks for stopping by today, I really appreciate it! :):):):):)


29 comments:

  1. Julie, these are lovely!! will look GREAT on your new studio!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, it's a great idea! thanks for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a SWEET set of altered frames!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are amazing!!! I love them!!!! You're so creative!!! WOW WOW WOW!!!!!! {{hugs}} Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are gorgeous, Julie!!!! love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the paint on these, such a great addition! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE love love these altered frames! Great idea!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie the frames turned out soooo cute!!! Love the paint on them also....way cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are absolutely beautiful! I LOVE that one with the scissors and sewing Machine! Total Craftiness indeed! Thank you so much Julie for showing us how to make these adorable frames! And the Prima Line is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect for spring! You'll have to link this post up next Friday the 15th for the spring craft linky. Everyone should see this goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely altered project Julie, thanks for sharing the step-by-step tutorial! : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you took these $1 items and really made them your own!! Thanks for the steps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous frames!!! You're so stinkin' creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what awesome frames! this is a brilliant idea! i'm going to put it to good use in my living room :)

    xo
    sarabeth

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun are these! They would look great in your new home!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous altered frames Julie. Altered projects are my fave! Love yours. I especially like the one with the sewing maching and scissors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE your frames, Julie!!!!
    I'm sure they will look great on your new craft desk!!

    XXXJenneke

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing Julie... Great idea!!!..Thanks for sharing... I really want to do one... those are just beautiful and very inspiring indeed my friend.... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW!!!!!!!!!!! So AWESOME!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a GREAT project! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Julie, Julie, Julie... these are fantastic!!!!!!! I absolutely adore these. Now I'm feeling the need to attempt to make some for our home.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ow my...those are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute tutorial & project! They'll look great in your new craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome project, Julie! I think it is just beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh so pretty and creative!

    Thank you for linking up.

    Have a glorious weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)