Thursday, March 10, 2011

*Update on me and Brookie...and the worst hospital experience ever....* :):):):)

hi all...

thank you all for your well wishes and prayers for me and Brookie's surgeries ... I truly appreciate it.... and some of you may have seen my Facebook update today... but for those that didn't... here is the story....

I was supposed to have surgery at 2 yesterday afternoon.. I get put into a room at 1pm and told to change into a hospital gown... sooo then at 1:30 a nurse comes in to start my IV... wellllllll that was the first OW! She butchered my hand where the IV went in, how do I know??? Well, IT STUNG BAD! REAL BAD! And then she used rubbing alcohol to clean up the blood...she MISSED my vein by a lot...because the alcohol STUNG a lot!! Sooooo that was error #1.....

Now it is past 2PM...remember, I am supposed to be in surgery at 2PM..... 3PM, nothing... 4PM nothing... not even ONE NURSE came in to check on me, see me, give me an update, nothing... my temper is flaring! I am like, what the heck is going on??? I send Brian out there, they tell him that the first surgeon that had my room booked was running over, so MY surgeon was just getting in there to work on his first patient... soooo we are running behind... (DUH!)... lol :)

5PM comes and goes, and again, not one WORD from my nurses! Finally my surgeon comes in and says if I want to go ahead, he will stay and do it... if not we can reschedule.... UGH UGH UGH....so I was almost canceled... but I told him I didn't know what would happen with my job if I didn't do this NOW as I am not sure how they would be with me missing a day under FMLA and NOT having the surgery....

So, we went ahead with the surgery, and they said because I woke up in a "good mood" I could go home last night....so I was sent home at 9PM last night...and have been hurting ever since... I have talked to a few people that have had this surgery recently and they have told me that it REALLY hurts the first couple of days after the surgery...and then gets better with time... I hope so... cuz WOW! I am in major pain... I can barely breathe and my shoulder hurts A LOT... the recovery nurse told me that it will hurt because the air that gets into me from the surgery....

Sorry... i just re-read all of that... and it sounds really negative...and I try not to be that way in my life... but it ttruly was a horrible experience... if I ever have to use a hospital again... it WILL NOT be that one... my surgeon is an amazing man... but the nurses at that hospital were absolutely horrible... being ignored all day is not acceptable... period.

Brookie did AMAZING in her surgery... her surgeon didn't want to work on her face this time, as he feels that he is done with that area... and now will only work on her arm and her chest and shoulder... Daddy said she got to "drive" an electrical Hummer (a kid one of course! lol!)...back to the operating room...and she woke up in a good mood too!! So thank you all for your well wishes for both of us! They are truly appreciated!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Here are some photos of me and Brookie from today :)

I have a "get well" picture on my chest that Brookie drew for me! :):):):):):):)




And Deana and her family sent me and Brookie some GET WELL SMILEY FACE COOKIES!!! HOW PERFECT ARE THESE???!!!???? LOVE IT... thanks Deana, Bob and Bryn!! Love you guys! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


I will try and come and visit everyone tonight... I am trying to take it easy... so I haven't been the computer at all this today except to do my Facebook update this morning... but I am hoping to visit everyone soon! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

And in case you missed it... here is my post from earlier today that has my latest Sketchy Thursdays layout! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Thanks for stopping by.... I truly appreciate it! :)

51 comments:

  1. Rest up both of you.

    Hugs
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww Julie! thinking of you and Brookie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're home and recovering! Sounds horrible but at least it's over Momma!!

    XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you and Brookie are doing fine! rest and recovery well!!

    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds awful - I think you will be better looked after at home. Hopefully the pain will ease soon. Hugs to you and Brookie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry to hear about your bad experience!!! I would have been fuming too!!! I hope you can get some rest now and that you have enough pain killer to be comfortable. big {{{HUGS}}} to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO sorry to hear you had a bad experience with the nurses!! Thats crazy they left you waiting that long!!! Hope the you are feeling better soon! Get lots of rest!! Brookie looks like she is doing good!! What a sweet picture of you both. Take care!!! (=

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear it's over, but sorry for what they put you through. Love your pictures and Brookie's big smile. :) :) Take it easy and take care of yourself!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry your experience was so terrible. I had a bad nurse encounter when i had my jaw surgery, no excuse for that! I hope the pain goes quickly and you heal well. Rest and don't worry about us, we'll still be here when you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww that sucks that you had a bad experience but glad you are doing okay now. Wishing you a speedy recovery! Brookie looks like she has already recoverd! LOL! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. so so sorry to read about your experience - I wrote you a long comment but got thrown off by blogger - I am praying for you and Brooke - and so hope you get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goodness...even after your surgeries (and bad experiences), you still both look beautiful! How is that possible? :-)

    Sending lots of hugs & get well soon wishes!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my Julie...YOU ARE AMAZING!!...even after bad experience and the surgery.. you and BRookie both still look beautiful...with that great smile... Glad everything went well for you both... take it easy...and please please rest well... thinking of you both... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Jules...I am sorry to hear about this terrible experience, strange how it mirrors my College Diva's experience in Flagstaff. They also sent her home within hours of her surgery. She said they first three days are the worst and after five or so days it gets easier.

    You are a trooper! Little Miss Brookie looks great for just coming out of surgery as well.

    You ladies take care of each other and remember...no heavy lifting and rest, relax and nap!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Julie (((HUGS))) for you and Brookie. So sorry you are in so much pain. Feel better sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience at the hospital, take care and I will be thinking of you both! : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh Julie. So sorry to hear about the bad start to your surgery. That is unacceptable. Don't worry about sounding negative. I'd be really upset too. Try to rest and hope you get some relief from the pain soon. I can't believe you are even on the computer. Take it easy and big hugs for you and Brookie. You both look great, btw.
    Take care.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. You know they delayed my dad's surgery for HOURS too... annoying. Glad you got to go home that night! : )

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sad to hear you had such a rotten experience. The shoulder pain is normal and you might also have an upset tummy. Just make sure you get lots of rest and give sweet Brookie lots of cuddles : ) Just remember you are going to feel sooooooo much better once you're all healed up.
    Did you get the one where they went through your bellybutton?

    ReplyDelete
  20. poop! i'm so sorry you had a terrible nurse-i wish i was your nurse-another year or so and i'll be there...i'm happy that everything is going well for brookie and i hope you get better soon!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh sweetie that horrible! Over the last couple of years I have come to see a lot of that kinda thing with Bob while we were going thru our ordeal. One time, I kid you not, they had even drugged him, had him on his way to the OR when they called to say they were postponing the surgery. WHAT?????? So I feel your frustration! I sure hope they gave you so feel good meds....you look so miserable in your photo! Rest up and feel better soon! Same to you Brookie!! take care of mama!!! Oh BTW....I figured out the pinterest thing.....woooo hooooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really believe a nurse makes or breaks a hospital experience your your nurses sound horrid!!! So happy to hear you're both home now and on the mend. Take it easy and relax okay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Julie, get well soon, dear.. :)
    you always cheer up many hearts with ur sweet comments.. i know you will be able to pass this moment with a cheerful heart :) a cheerful heart is the best medicine! :) take care of yourself & ur brookie.. God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ohhh Julie I'm sorry you had such a bad day!!! I am thinking about you and Brookie! I hope you can get some good rest!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hope you are able to get a lot of rest and that you and Brookie are feeling better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Sweet Ladies,

    I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience (although no surgery is fun) and if you want me to, I can tell you some crappy stuff that happened to me with almost all 14 of my surgeries. So what's your prognosis? Was everything taken care of and is your outlook positive? Those are some very sweet piccy's of you and BrookieWolek......however, I can see you're not feeling yourself. I hope you feel better every day, and please know that I've got you and BrookieWolek in my thoughts and prayers.

    Love ya'
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  27. What an experience, so sorry! hugs and lots of well wishes to both of yoU! :hug: :hug: :hug:

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ohhhh Julie, I am so sorry you had a yucky hospital visit.

    Sweet pictures of you and Brookie. Praying for a speedy recovery for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow...what a horrible experience to go through Julie. SUrgery is bad enough, let alone to deal with delays and no updates. I hope your pain begins to subside soon so you can finally get yourself all better.

    I'm happy Brookies surgery went well. How wonderful that they no longer have to treat her face.

    Rest up and take care of yourself! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ohhh, I'm soooo sorry about your awful surgery experience and all the pain. Like it's not bad enough to HAVE a surgery. I so hope you will recover real quick.

    Good to hear about Brookie! Yay for driving a Hummer!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. hope you will both be better soon! Did you have gallbladder surgery??
    Rest up and take care of each other!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. You must have been feeling terrible, so sorry to hear and can't explain how I feel for you!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow Julie.....I kew about your ordeal from Facebook but rereading wow!!!
    So sorry your are in pain but looking at those pictures and seeing Brookie so happy hugging her mummy i think helps ease the pain just a little...
    Take care both of you....
    I wanna smiley cookie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  34. So sorry that you had a terrible hospital experience. but i am glad that you and little Miss Brookie is feeling much better. take care and God bless.
    hugs and lots of love,
    isay :D

    ReplyDelete
  35. thinking of you and miss brookie!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Julie!

    What a crazy ordeal, I happy to see you are home (and Brooke too!). I bet she'll take good care of you while you mend yourself. Sending lots of prayers and hugs you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hey girl, I'm really sorry about all that but happy that it's over now and that everything went well with Brookie too!

    I love the photos of you two, love love love :)

    Get well soon, my friend, I'm praying for you both

    ReplyDelete
  38. oh sweet Julie I am so sorry you had such a bad experience at the hospital - that is just awful. At least it is all over and I wish you well for a speedy recovery. Thinking of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Your photos are precious, you poor girls! I hope that you begin feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I am so sorry that you had to go through all of this!!! I agree...I would never use that hospital again.....

    Hoping that the pain subsides and you are feeling much better very soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh WOW! So sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. Glad to hear that they went ahead with the surgery so you could get it over with and out of that hospital. I hope the pain goes away soon and wishing for a speedy recovery! You and Brookie look great!!! Happy to hear Brookie's surgery went well, she is a DOLL!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. You poor thing ... sorry to hear about your yucky hospital experience but happy to hear that you are ok and on the mend (even though it might not feel like it right now!!!) Brookie looks really well, what a brave little munchkin she is :) take care both of you and rest woman!!! W :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wow ... yea, not acceptable that they didn't even check on you. You look good...tired, but good!! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. So sorry to hear about your experience at the hospital. Hugs to ya my friend.

    And wow Brookie got to drive a little hummer. :) Too cool.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thinking about you and Brookie!!!

    Big hug!! And don't forget: it will get better!!

    XXXJenneke

    ReplyDelete
  46. Sorry sweet you! Hang in there! The WORLD CAN WAIT! We Love you just the same so take care of yourself and Brookie too!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Awwww Julie, what a terrible experiene you had. I hate hearing when nurses are not caring and nice!!!! Sending loving hugs and healing thoughts your way - for you and Brooke!

    ReplyDelete
  48. You were not being negative at all...that is a terrible experience Julie and the hospital should be ashamed of what they put you through!

    (((Hugs))))

    ReplyDelete
  49. so happy you didn't put it off... as for negative... when you're in pain... who isn't negative... you and Brookie look great!!!! hope you're feeling better!!! love you bunches!!! {{hugs}} Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  50. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I have to go through this in a few months...hopefully it won't be too scary. I have no issue with having an entire organ removed...I have a big fear of anesthesia. (Can we say "control freak"? LOL)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)