Wednesday, March 16, 2011

*Featured Artist over on Scrapbook News and Review!* :):):)

Hi all...

I was SUPER excited when Dana from Scrapbook News and Review contacted me to be a featured artist over on their magazine's site! :):):)

But what to make to share on their site?? Hmmmmm.. I thought about it and thought about it..and then it hit me!! I seriously AM horrible at making mini albums!! Yes! I make mini albums, but I'm BAD at them....I would much rather take the mini album chipboard pieces and alter them to make home decor pieces! :):):)

So, since we are moving soon, I thought it would be nice to make a new home decor item to welcome people to our new home! And since Nikki Sivils has the most AWESOME House shaped mini album chipboard pieces... I thought they would be perfect for this project!! And one of Nikki's newest lines, "We Are Family"... was the perfect paper choice for my project too! :):):)

Now to share what I made!!! :)
I started with these five chipboard pieces! :)

And here are Nikki Sivils papers that I chose to work with! :)

I covered each chipboard piece.....

And then used my Fiskar's finger cutting tool to trim around the edges....

Now that I have all five pieces covered....

I picked a few of Nikki's "We Are Family" cutout pieces to decorate my pieces! :)

Now...its time for the FUN part!! Time to decorate the pieces!! :)

Now its time to put it all together!! I used Beacon's Zip Dry to make sure it dried fast! :)  I glued mine together in a zig-zag fashion which will go on a table right by our new front door of our new home! :)



And here is the finished project!!! I love taking these chipboard mini album pieces and making items for around the home!! :)











I hope I have inspired you to look at chipboard mini album pieces in a whole new way!! And I want to thank Dana and the rest of Scrapbook News And Review for having me as a featured artist!!! :)

36 comments:

  1. Congrats on your feature:) The NS papers are PERFECTO for the chipboard! I am loving the "kites" I am starting to see and all the bright colors!!! it 's like paper sunshine:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Congrats on being featured!!!!:)

    I *heart* this little gem you created!!!! Definitely PERFECT for the new home! :)

    Hope you are resting well....

    ReplyDelete
  3. woohooo...woot ...woot...toot...toot... CONGRATS Julie.... hugs...

    Oh my goodness....Julie...I love this a ton!!!... Its so precious and perfect for your house deco... Like Yvonne me jumping..too happy... I know am crazy gal... you make me smile already..thanks...

    Please have plenty of rest okay....hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie wow congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I also adore the chipboard album....absolutely gorgoeus!!!!!!!
    Hope you are feeling better.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie when you get a moment pass by my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This mini is sos so cute and adorable. I love also how you showed all the way of your creation and SUPER congrats!!!!!! You are the NO.1!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats girl!
    And love this project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Julie!!! And OOOOO, that mini is sooooooo cute!!! Love the papers, it's a perfect match for the job... Hope you feel beter! Love, Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Julie...this is just adorable!!! Love it and it will perfect in your new home!!!

    Wishing you a great one!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your feature! You definitely did an awesome album & the details are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG Julie, I love this! That is so fun and creative! I definitely have to find that finger cutting tool, sooooo cool! The star I used for the Fave Things layout was from a mini album! Thanks for sharing and congrats on being the featured artist!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fab mini album...love all the fun & happy colors...off to go check you out:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Julie I LOVE this! SO so cute!!! and so many details!
    and I missed your anniversary post so HAPPY ANNIVERSARY for the other day guys!! loved your photos, don't our kids change so much in a few years?!? and what a beautiful bride hun!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulation, this shape album is fantastic.
    Francy

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my my my... CONGRATULATIONS!!! This is soooooooooo cute... and that paper... you picked the perfect paper for this mini... you rocked this girl!!! I LOVE IT!!!
    {{hugs}} Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOOHOO!! Congrats on being the featured artist :) Totally loving your home decor...super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on being a featured artist! I LOVE this, what a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woo hoo!!! Congrats on being featured Julie!!!! You deserve it!! And I adore this house!!! Very very very cute! The papers were excellent for this project!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm getting caught up this week. So excited about your feature. Woo Hoo! What a cute house mini album. Adorable papers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW congrats on being featured!!!! Your project is absolutely FABULOUS!!!!! I might have to make something like that for my house. The problem is that we don't really have tables and shelves. With the lil kids we have tried to keep the house decorations to a bare minimum. LOL! Super cute idea and I would still love to make something like that. Hope you are feeling better!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on being featured!!! Love that cute album!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on being featured, way to go gal!!!!!
    Awesome project for the new home!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wooohooo!!!! Love what you created! Great job Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is absolutely adorable! Love, love, love it! Cograts on being featured!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats, congrats, congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your mini is so darn cute!!!!!!!! I just recently bought that paper and now I just have to find the chipboard houses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. congrats on all the very deserved recognition!!!! hope you get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is adorable! You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is such a cool project. Love that house chipboard.

    ReplyDelete
  29. You certainly DID - Inspire me I mean. I have a houseshape-minialbum-cardboard-pieces somewhere. I got it at a workshop years ago, and just hated it. But you show me possibilities that I didn't think of before... oooohwwwwweeee.... I might make something with those 'weird albumpieces' after all! thanks dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great project! Congrats on being featured... well deserved!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. That is so beautiful Julie!
    Love it! Huge congrats girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow...I wish I was that bad at mini albums!! LOL..you crack me up. That paper is adorable and I love the album!

    Congrats on the featured artist!

    ReplyDelete
  33. you go girl with your bad self!!
    love so much about this - besides the super cute design and idea. will tell you about it on Sat :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow is that seriously CUTE! I am in awe of all of those details and I was already so in love with that great paper collection!

    ReplyDelete
  35. wow, this is great! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to leave us a comment!! We appreciate that you are taking time from your busy day to visit! :)